• 152(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-01-08, 00:19)heniek12 Wrote: @popcornmix any ideas about that DTS passthrough issue ? I pasted tvservice output here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1592893

Your TV doesn't support passthrough. (Almost no TV supports DTS passthrough - you really need an AV recevier for that).
omxplayer is intended to disable passthrough if it's not supported, but it's possible that is not happening on gotham after the ActiveAE Pi sink changes - I'll have to double check.

You should set passthrough to disabled.
Just noticed a problem: with MilhouseVH's latest build, as soon as I turned on Live TV, WMC PVR backend started bugging me about "connection lost".
Disable add-on didn't do the trick and uninstall didn't also and it took me 3 reboots to make it go away.

No debug log, sorry. I'm trying to reproduce the problem but so far no luck.
So that also means i should disable ac3 also ? Or only DTS ? Thanks for your explanation Smile

(2014-01-08, 00:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 00:19)heniek12 Wrote: @popcornmix any ideas about that DTS passthrough issue ? I pasted tvservice output here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1592893

Your TV doesn't support passthrough. (Almost no TV supports DTS passthrough - you really need an AV recevier for that).
omxplayer is intended to disable passthrough if it's not supported, but it's possible that is not happening on gotham after the ActiveAE Pi sink changes - I'll have to double check.

You should set passthrough to disabled.
(2014-01-07, 22:43)MilhouseVH Wrote: This new build includes updated Jan 6 firmware, all other build details the same as #0106 build.

Sorry, bad timing here. Due to this issue:
https://github.com/popcornmix/omxplayer/issues/87
I've updated the firmware to the latest vdec3 (hardware video decoder driver).

There's been many commits to this driver that we don't have, and as usual with merging, there were dependencies that required updating other libs in the firmware.
There's potential to break/fix many things, so as usual I'd be interested in any testing results.

I've reverted the change that caused the AVI stalls (and probably the live TV stalls, which didn't seem to be fixed with last attempt):
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3983

and newclock3 is rebased on that.
(2014-01-08, 00:30)heniek12 Wrote: So that also means i should disable ac3 also ? Or only DTS ? Thanks for your explanation Smile

According to supported formats reported by TV, then yes, disable AC3 too.
@popcornmix

I was testing avoid_fix_ts=0 and accidentally found 2 files that the RPi really doesn't like (avoid_fix_ts=1 makes no difference so it can't be the cause).

Playback of both files hangs but no buffering pop-up appears. Eventually playback is resumed for a few seconds, hangs again and behaviour starts all over again. Both are AVC [email protected] with DTS.

One file hangs about 2m minutes into the movie and the other at around the 7m mark. Debug log of the first file played.

I've been checking and most of my library is AVC [email protected] with DTS, some of them with much higher bitrates (more than double) and they all play nice.

Known problem? Can the files be the cause? I can provide samples.

BR
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated the firmware to the latest vdec3 (hardware video decoder driver).

- [rbp/omxplayer] Fix stall when resuming avi file without valid pts (updated version)

- [rbp] Avoid resizing 1080p fanart (updated version)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0108 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jan 8 02:32:17 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Jan  7 2014 22:04:19
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 971028d3d656de279fcef4f502bc867b8a91cf22 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140108023123-r16890-g3216773

Based on tip of XBMC master (c6115a3759) and tip of OpenELEC master (fed06d48db) with the following modifications:
  • Includes these newclock3 commits (except for 919e1ef which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes latest 7 Jan firmware with vdec3 updates (f46e6d9cb9)
  • Excludes the fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Temp fix: Revert ncurses: clean up libtinfo which breaks connmanctl
Edit: Updated build to include ncurses/libtinfo fix
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It's working here... ^^
Odd, it's hanging here (xbmc.bin only, the OS seems fine). The xbmc.service is dead according to systemctl. Can start xbmc.bin from the command line though. Just bisecting the OE commits to try and narrow it down if possible, but probably best to take the link to the build down for now - if you really want it you can probably find it Smile

Edit: Ah ok I see the problem... my autostart.sh isn't finished for some reason... wonder what's changed to cause that to hang... build might be back up soon! Smile

Edit2: connmanctl is broken:
Code:
rpi512:~ # connmanctl state
connmanctl: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've updated post #2273 with details of a new build that reverts the commit breaking connmanctl.
(2014-01-08, 02:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]Includes these newclock3 commits (except for 919e1ef which I've replaced with a static spinner)
what do you mean by a static spinner?
OK, so I went back to running from USB (after deleting the corrupted files in Update, which were the cause of it failing previously) but still have the issue of it getting stuck on 100% CPU almost straight after booting and XBMC being completely unresponsive, with even the debug OSD not changing, although I can still SSH/SCP in. Although someone else said this turned out to be caused by tvheadend, I ran top and it lists

Mem: 353848K used, 27800K free, 0K shrd, 49668K buff, 246892K cached
CPU: 13.0% usr 65.5% sys 1.4% nic 0.0% idle 5.4% io 0.0% irq 14.6% sirq
Load average: 5.01 2.26 0.86 2/96 2111
PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
1039 1 root R 213m 57.2 0 21.2 /lib/systemd/systemd-journald
1514 1 root S 313m 84.0 0 16.2 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalon
779 2 root DW 0 0.0 0 14.6 [jbd2/sda2-8]
746 2 root SW 0 0.0 0 12.8 [usb-storage]
18 2 root DW 0 0.0 0 11.8 [kworker/u2:1]
3 2 root SW 0 0.0 0 5.8 [ksoftirqd/0]
9 2 root SW 0 0.0 0 1.6 [rcu_preempt]
2067 2053 root R 2580 0.6 0 1.0 top

so no sign of tvheadend being the problem for me there. Log is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107605

EDIT: WTF! I went back to the SD install so that I could drag the latest build files to the USB Update folder (it hangs half-way through otherwise and then I can't reboot without fixing the USB or SD in my PC) and now I'm having the same problem with constant high CPU (80-100%) and the same processes showing in top as with the USB install although now systemd-journald is at 0% but XBMC has increased to 41% to make up for that. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107609
Updated to the latest build and as soon as I enabled tvheadend, it pegged the CPU at 100%, so maybe that is the problem. Strangely, top only shows xbmc.bin at around 46% and tvheadend at 7.6% with nothing to explain why the debug OSD shows 100%

I can't seem to disable/uninstall the Window Media Service either (I couldn't disable it with a previous build but uninstall worked) as it's back every time I reboot, so even if TVH wasn't doing this, I don't think I'd be able to use it anyway as the WMS clashes with it. Every time I disabled/uninstalled the WMS, XBMC restarted but I've managed to get rid of it without it rebooting after several attempts (I changed it to 127.0.0.2 so maybe that helped) but still the tvh client can't connect to the service.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107634

EDIT: Seems I had to re-update tvh service from 4.0.1 to 4.1.1 again after updating OE. It seems to be working again now without causing high CPU load Smile
Hey rbej and thanks again just a heads up the second links doesn't have your newest Frodo build .Also for some reason It keeps telling me to update to the newest build but when I check system info shows Jan 07 Is this right .Please let me know
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223