• 142(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
8 secondsHuh Is your tvserver on different machine than the xbmc client?
(2014-01-07, 22:47)MovieJunky Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 21:31)ylafont Wrote: I would like to know if anyone has a preference on which TV Backend works best with PTVL. Currently i am using MythTV and have about a 5 second delay with each channel switch and I am wondering if it could be improved. thanks.

I am using Media Portal (backend and plugin) and I see about an 8 second delay when changing channels. I think someone said something about this earlier in this thread,
but I cannot find it anymore. Something about a new Frodo version that has dramatically faster channel switching times. Maybe someone can elaborate.

Guess were are going to have to wait to install the next version of xbmc. thanks.
(2014-01-07, 22:47)MovieJunky Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 21:31)ylafont Wrote: I would like to know if anyone has a preference on which TV Backend works best with PTVL. Currently i am using MythTV and have about a 5 second delay with each channel switch and I am wondering if it could be improved. thanks.

I am using Media Portal (backend and plugin) and I see about an 8 second delay when changing channels. I think someone said something about this earlier in this thread,
but I cannot find it anymore. Something about a new Frodo version that has dramatically faster channel switching times. Maybe someone can elaborate.

I believe that was meSmile Using Media Portal backend and a custom (older) version of Frodo, my changing times are at less then 2 seconds!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150887&page=4

Let me know how you make out.
g
Hi, really nice plugin, but i had a problem with it.

I tried to create channels which use smart playlist, for example a "horror Channel".
So i create a simple smart playlist with rule field="genre"operator="is" --> horror.
When i am switching in that playlist using xbmc (Videos -> Playlist -> Horror), it shows me 13 items out of my moviecollection.
If i use this playlist as a tv channel, it shows me the message "Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels."
I also tried it with the Channel Configuration GUI -> Channel Type: Movie Genre -> Genre: Horror, but i get the same message. i also deleted the cache and reinstalled PTVLive. Streaming TV from youtube or some plugins (gameone, SpiegelTV) works fine.
I used the playlist then on the old Pseudotv 2.1.0 Script without any problem. So i have no idea, what iam doing wrong or if i overlook some settings :/.

I also uploaded the smart playlist and the xbmc log (debug active!)
Horror.xsp: http://goo.gl/12PxXZ uploaded to mega.co.nz
xbmc.log: http://goo.gl/532tBP uploaded to mega.co.nz
(2014-01-08, 01:56)styler12345 Wrote: Hi, really nice plugin, but i had a problem with it.

I tried to create channels which use smart playlist, for example a "horror Channel".
So i create a simple smart playlist with rule field="genre"operator="is" --> horror.
When i am switching in that playlist using xbmc (Videos -> Playlist -> Horror), it shows me 13 items out of my moviecollection.
If i use this playlist as a tv channel, it shows me the message "Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels."
I also tried it with the Channel Configuration GUI -> Channel Type: Movie Genre -> Genre: Horror, but i get the same message. i also deleted the cache and reinstalled PTVLive. Streaming TV from youtube or some plugins (gameone, SpiegelTV) works fine.
I used the playlist then on the old Pseudotv 2.1.0 Script without any problem. So i have no idea, what iam doing wrong or if i overlook some settings :/.

I also uploaded the smart playlist and the xbmc log (debug active!)
Horror.xsp: http://goo.gl/12PxXZ uploaded to mega.co.nz
xbmc.log: http://goo.gl/532tBP uploaded to mega.co.nz

Why is your file horror.xsp.xml?Rofl You've doing it wrong. Make a playlist in Xbmc.... Videos>Library>Playlists . Then open up Pseudotv live settings>Channel Configuration>Then make a channel using your playlist.
Anyone using donor internet commercials? How's it working?

@styler12345, read milkman guide in post 1
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz - not yet as the woman is using xbmc. rather wait until she is not around for a bit. Last thing I want to do is end up like @Indy_star Wink
(2014-01-08, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone using donor internet commercials? How's it working?

Just updated to the newest version, did a force rebuild with a setting of 3 internet commercials between shows and damn man it works beautifully. Definitely adds that bit of realism to my PTVL that someone like me who basically only watches library content was missing.

Great Work!
(2014-01-08, 02:17)Redkiller223 Wrote: Why is your file horror.xsp.xml?Rofl You've doing it wrong. Make a playlist in Xbmc.... Videos>Library>Playlists . Then open up Pseudotv live settings>Channel Configuration>Then make a channel using your playlist.
Huh the extension is *.xsp and the smart playlist is an xml file Confused. I created now the playlist in XBMC on another pc with a fresh xbmc installed. This brings a little success. I have now 1 movie instead of 32 in my Horror Channel .

(2014-01-08, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: @styler12345, read milkman guide in post 1
i already readed it a long time ago (its not the first time iam using pseudotv, but the first time using pseudotvLive), but i will give it a try.

I recorded now my work with xbmc, maybe someone see's the fault. I created a playlist in xbmc with the genre contains "horror". It shows me 32 items. I added the playlist to the channel configuration of pseudotvLive, it shows me just one movie.

greetz styler12345
(2014-01-08, 05:23)styler12345 Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 02:17)Redkiller223 Wrote: Why is your file horror.xsp.xml?Rofl You've doing it wrong. Make a playlist in Xbmc.... Videos>Library>Playlists . Then open up Pseudotv live settings>Channel Configuration>Then make a channel using your playlist.
Huh the extension is *.xsp and the smart playlist is an xml file Confused. I created now the playlist in XBMC on another pc with a fresh xbmc installed. This brings a little success. I have now 1 movie instead of 32 in my Horror Channel .

(2014-01-08, 02:21)Lunatixz Wrote: @styler12345, read milkman guide in post 1
i already readed it a long time ago (its not the first time iam using pseudotv, but the first time using pseudotvLive), but i will give it a try.

I recorded now my work with xbmc, maybe someone see's the fault. I created a playlist in xbmc with the genre contains "horror". It shows me 32 items. I added the playlist to the channel configuration of pseudotvLive, it shows me just one movie.
Thanks your log didn't have debugging enabled. Enable in XBMC and in PTVL. Then run PTVL and repost.

Your video was interesting. I have to look into why your first playlist wouldn't work due to the name.
okay i activated now both settings, then i was doing exactly the same.
here is the log file:
http://goo.gl/9nGU3d
(2014-01-08, 06:06)styler12345 Wrote: okay i activated now both settings, then i was doing exactly the same.
here is the log file:
I have the same problem..pstvlive can't see my movies!I saw in your video that the plot of the movies are not in english.I believe that's the problem.I've already mentioned that problem to Luna about "non english" plots(mine are greek).I hope he can do something about that.Currently working version 1.9 pseudo tv live with no problem,but I can't upgrade to version 2.4 or further
(2014-01-08, 09:25)tromy Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 06:06)styler12345 Wrote: okay i activated now both settings, then i was doing exactly the same.
here is the log file:
I have the same problem..pstvlive can't see my movies!I saw in your video that the plot of the movies are not in english.I believe that's the problem.I've already mentioned that problem to Luna about "non english" plots(mine are greek).I hope he can do something about that.Currently working version 1.9 pseudo tv live with no problem,but I can't upgrade to version 2.4 or further

@tromy, styler12345

Edit channellist.py, around line 800

Change:
Code:
if None == fileList or len(fileList) == 0:
to:
Code:
if len(fileList) == 0:

Let me know if that fixes your problem with missing movies....
I'm finishing up the WIP Skin, and decided (Wife told me) to remove the trending and nextaired windows... I was informed its too cluttered... What do you think?
(2014-01-08, 16:53)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm finishing up the WIP Skin, and decided (Wife told me) to remove the trending and nextaired windows... I was informed it too cluttered... What do you think?

perhaps a toggle to enable/disable them?
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45