• 154(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Not getting the ssh disconnect problem myself. Anything in xbmc.old.log when you reboot?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hey guys,

google took me here, because i think my openelec xbmc's gui isn't responsive, its laggy, and i hate lag (playing quake since 1997).

so i was excited to read about 'newclock3', which kept me reading this thread. But i have some questions
the 1st looks like the "official dev builds". right?
and the second is a place where unofficial builds from devs like milhouse, popcornmix and rbej are stored. right?

My question is: Which one i should choose? There's little to no documentation, besides this thread Smile

I won't be upgrading often. i m looking for a faster gui, with few bugs. something like a beta version maybe? in the 2nd link, maybe create a directory 'recommended builds' which contains only "stable" builds, good ones, for ppl like me, who want it fast & easy?

Thank you all, especially the devs. you rock!
(2014-01-09, 12:26)mushis Wrote: hey guys,

google took me here, because i think my openelec xbmc's gui isn't responsive, its laggy, and i hate lag (playing quake since 1997).

so i was excited to read about 'newclock3', which kept me reading this thread. But i have some questions
the 1st looks like the "official dev builds". right?
and the second is a place where unofficial builds from devs like milhouse, popcornmix and rbej are stored. right?

My question is: Which one i should choose? There's little to no documentation, besides this thread Smile

I won't be upgrading often. i m looking for a faster gui, with few bugs. something like a beta version maybe? in the 2nd link, maybe create a directory 'recommended builds' which contains only "stable" builds, good ones, for ppl like me, who want it fast & easy?

Thank you all, especially the devs. you rock!
yep, i have exactly the same question. im back to rpi and is hard to get in to this. would be nice if someone can explain this.
(2014-01-09, 09:37)MilhouseVH Wrote: Anything in xbmc.old.log when you reboot?

Code:
ERROR: Control 1500 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
this is the only out of the ordinary

how to reproduce
in ssh
Code:
rm .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.openelec.settings/oe_settings.xml
killall xbmc.bin
while continuously pinging the rpi from another machine

when it starts to send request timeout if i get lucky i can paste this in ssh
Code:
cp downloads/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.openelec.settings/oe_settings.xml .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.openelec.settings/
killall xbmc.bin
where downloads/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.openelec.settings/oe_settings.xml it's a file i have just in case. after this xbmc.old.log shows
Code:
bla bla
13:50:37 581.706970 T:2857354320  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:50:37 581.712158 T:2840577104  NOTICE: Thread TCPServer start, auto delete: false
13:50:37 581.713745 T:2848965712  NOTICE: Thread EventServer start, auto delete: false
13:50:37 581.714355 T:2848965712  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
13:50:37 581.714783 T:2848965712  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
13:50:37 581.716980 T:2832188496  NOTICE: Thread AirPlayServer start, auto delete: false
13:50:37 582.099365 T:3034686544  NOTICE: Thread RSSReader start, auto delete: false
13:50:40 584.791077 T:2910102608  NOTICE: ## OpenELEC Addon ## 0.3.8
13:50:45 589.647278 T:3043713024   ERROR: Control 1500 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
any suggestions?
(2014-01-09, 13:43)mezo Wrote: yep, i have exactly the same question. im back to rpi and is hard to get in to this. would be nice if someone can explain this.

Same for me.
dev_builds are from the main xbmc and openelec git while rbej and milhouse builds have some speed and stability enhancements for raspberry pi.
oh and neither http://openelec.thestateofme.com/dev_builds/ nor http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/ are official images.
I have been using RBEJ builds for 6 months now and I think they are great! Good stability and speed. RPi works like a charm (running from usb stick increases speed and mostly stability in my case). I don't use it for anything else than XBMC streaming of movies and TV from NAS. Maybe other builds are better when doing more/other things, can't comment on that. Good luck trying it out.
I have updated to last version of rbej frodo and i have lost wifi.
Downgrading it returns.

Besides this, i have read rbej has omxplayer installed, but where? what path?
(2014-01-09, 19:25)gesnazo Wrote: I have updated to last version of rbej frodo and i have lost wifi.
Downgrading it returns.

No Wifi problems here on the latest RBEJ Frodo
(2014-01-09, 19:34)FAMMAR Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 19:25)gesnazo Wrote: I have updated to last version of rbej frodo and i have lost wifi.
Downgrading it returns.

No Wifi problems here on the latest RBEJ Frodo

Can you see omxplayer in terminal?
Will setting the GUI resolution to 720P improve UI responsiveness?

I changed it in XBMC settings. Anything else that I need to do?
Hello,

I've with both (rbej s Frodo Build and Millhouse Gotham) the Problem that with Movies with DTS or DTS Master Audio, the Movie hangs after 1-3 Minutes for ca 30 sec, than play 1-3 Minutes than hangs again.
Rasp goes with HDMI to DTS MA Receiver and passthroug is activated. The funny thing is, DTS ES Discrete comes throuh and no hanging....

With official 3.2.4 no Probs.

Pleased if someond has a clue... Smile

Thx
J
(2014-01-09, 14:09)deejayq Wrote: any suggestions?

What skin? Do you get this with stock Confluence?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-01-09, 12:26)mushis Wrote:

They are all "development" builds, not "official" builds. The only "official" builds are Frodo 3.2.x releases, which you can download from the OpenELEC web site.

http://openelec.thestateofme.com/dev_builds, although not official, are pretty much "stock" Gotham builds - they don't contain any "experimental" patches such as those aimed at improving performance, or improving audio. If you want the most stable, but far from best, experience, then this is likely to be the build to choose.

If you want bleeding edge performance, then choose from http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds. Gotham builds (including all of mine) will have the best performance and most features, though could have a few more bugs too (though generally are pretty good). Frodo builds will have some of the performance benefits, but not all as they can't all be back-ported, and for the same reason will be lacking some features (eg. gapless audio).

Not all skins and addons will work with Gotham, although that situation is improving as Gotham matures. And as Gotham uses a new database version you can't synchronise Gotham and Frodo clients with MySQL.

If addon compatibility and client synchronisation isn't a problem for you, then a Gotham build is the best choice IMHO. If you must stick with Frodo, use one of the rbej builds.
Will setting the GUI resolution to 720P improve the performance? I have changed it in XBMC settings. Is there something else that I need to do?
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223