• 111(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-01-08, 15:04)Cassiuss Wrote: - Before I had setup a MySQL library on my NAS, and this worked perfect for my ATV2 and Ipad. When I tried to acces this db (by adding the advancedsettings.xml and after adding the sources) on my nuc it doesn't work. Is there any reason that this shouldn't work? Maybe the IOS/OpenElec combination does not work? All XBMC's are version 12.2

I was also looking for solutions on the OE forum and I think it has to do with this: http://openelec.tv/forum/112-mysql-setup...mitstart=0
In short: OE does not seem to work with the latest version of mySQL

I keep my NUC on as well, but anyone else with this problem?
(2014-01-08, 15:04)Cassiuss Wrote: - More importantly, even with only using a local database installed on my NUC, XBMC will quit sort of every 24-48 hours displaying "exited with code 139" I have googled this (of course) but as far as I could see this is a generic linux warning and doesn't really point anywhere specific.
This morning I wanted to play some music, and it quit with the same message. I have a debug log here: http://pastebin.com/H6sp1cmN
Anyone else has this problem with OE?
Hope anyone can help so I can make it more stable (and maybe even share the library).

Thanks!

Anyone that can help my with solving this issue? Do all your NUC's work 24/7 without crashing?
(2014-01-08, 20:36)edp_1 Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 17:04)tfouto Wrote: hi guys,

I am thinking if i should buy the i3 nuc i3 i5 nuc.
Do you think both will handle h265? Also does i3 handle x265 10 bit?
Can you guys please try and see what's the cpu usage for this samples, both with i3 and i5? I would be gratefull.

http://android.tnonline.net/Software/Vid...0Software/

I assume that both cannot handle 4k in the future.

I would like to make sure, the nuc would not become obsolete in 2-3 years, so i am thinking if the i5 will be worth it.
nuc i3

Thanks,

This h265 4k file, is not possible to read from nuc 3 or 5, for sure. You can try but you wont be able... On powerfull pc's i was unable to watch it. On my i-3770k, overclocked to 4.2Ghz it goes to ~50%.

http://trailers.divx.com/hevc/TearsOfSte..._9subs.mkv

About 1080p, h265 can you guys try on nuc 3 and nuc5, and check cpu %?

http://trailers.divx.com/hevc/TearsOfSte..._7subs.mkv

http://www.elecard.com/assets/files/othe...1080p_c.ts

I had to install latest k-lite, and watch it on mpc-hp. I dont know if xmbc handles h265 already...

Many thanks...
(2014-01-09, 07:28)BLKMGK Wrote: I wouldn't wait for the EVO drives, the difference in speed won't be felt if you're using this for HTPC use. I don't think power buttons are failing but there does seem to be some software weirdness going on, I just leave mine powered up :-)

So you suggest i'm better of buying an existing (cheaper) msata drive ? If so, do you have a recommendation ? I'm going to install Windows 8.1 with XBMC and a couple of metro apps (Netflix, Youtube...) so 60GB should be enough.

Thx in advance !
(2014-01-09, 16:27)Cassiuss Wrote: I was also looking for solutions on the OE forum and I think it has to do with this: http://openelec.tv/forum/112-mysql-setup...mitstart=0
In short: OE does not seem to work with the latest version of mySQL

I keep my NUC on as well, but anyone else with this problem?

Hi,

Have you already tried to enable the setting within the OpenELEC settings -> network or services -> 'Wait for the network before starting XBMC'
(it is at the buttom of the option list). I experienced the same problem with MySQL database.
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
(2014-01-09, 16:27)Cassiuss Wrote: Anyone that can help my with solving this issue? Do all your NUC's work 24/7 without crashing?

Yes, my NUC is on 24/7 and I haven't had a crash yet (well, I have, but it was specifically related to the media portal plugin and FF/RW -- but updating media portal and increasing the timeout time seems to have fixed that one). Certainly no crashes simply by being on (thankfully).

I am using a local (ie not mysql) database, but one difference I do see based on that debug log, is I am just using a windows share (smb) rather than nfs. Maybe NFS isn't completely stable? (yeah seems unlikely).
What nuc version you recommend to run mkv and bluray iso including 3D iso and it connect to a avr?

Thanks.
i3 nuc should be ok
| myHTPC |
The laster version or the 2012 version? is any problem with the 4th generation cpu version and xbmc?
Hoi, if I power on, whit the power button, al is perfect.
If I use the remote to power on
I can’t shut off, it keeps rebooting.
I have cut the power for it boots up
Even if I push the power button it doesn’t keep it off.
I`m using a `harmony one media extender profile.
edp_1 you have the last generation ? how work xbmc with nuc?
Yes haswell i3 no problems.
In xbmc.
Only whit the remote control.
I've got two NUC, one of them is using an intel SSD the other is using a Lite-on Plexter SSD. Both work just fine, one is 30gig the other 128. Any recognized brand of mSATA SSD should work just fine, XBMC isn't disk io heavy.

My Openelec system stays on 24x7 and doesn't crash, both it and my Mint 14 based system access my MySQL server just fine but the Openelec system did require that I use the option to not start XBMC until the networking was up - I detailed my flailing around with that in this thread a few weeks ago. The SQL server version I've got is up to date last I looked. I'm running Gotham based XBMC builds fwiw.

Power buttons on both my machines work fine. I've not mucked around in the bios much but would like to figure out some over clocking settings, the bios appears capable but so far no luck. System is fast enough as is so not a huge concern, I'll try the 4K files when I have time.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I'm getting a prompt, that I don't have enough RAM while using XBMC and watching a movie (mts). I already upgraded from 4Gb to 8GB Ram. Does anyone else have this problem on Win 8.1, too? Prime95 didn't show any problems (after 1 hour).
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
File Indexer, Virus Scanner?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-10, 00:45)fritsch Wrote: File Indexer, Virus Scanner?

I've installed antivir, but I don't think it was scanning, last time this happend an hour ago.

I hate the windows file indexer. I'll see if it is enabled. So this could cause that problem?

The prompt tells me, that XBMC should be closed in order to solve the probelm. If I click on cancel I can continue to watch the movie, but the prompt pops up again after a while.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7