• 17(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-01-09, 05:27)capomatt Wrote: On Frodo 12.3, Win 7 (64-bit) and having issues with Chrome not opening in fullscreen. Does it matter if I've already got a Chrome window open while XBMC is open? Whenever I select a video to play, it opens up a new tab in Chrome in windowed mode. Any ideas?

EDIT: If I change the browser to IE, it opens in fullscreen. I guess this will work for now.

I do the same thing on Ubuntu... I use Chrome but have Chromium set for Amazon and Netflix.
Seems like there should be an easy fix for this because I read through the whole thread and I'm the only one with this problem which makes me think I probably have a simple setting in Chrome I might need to change.

As a side note, it's a little annoying how the mouse cursor it still visible in the IE window so I found a little program called AutoHideMouseCursor that lets you set a timer for having the mouse disappear after a certain time period. Set mine for 10 seconds.
(2013-12-24, 14:38)M1chael Wrote: First of all - great add-on! I have been searching for something to integrate Netflix with XBMC for a long time Smile

However I have a question regarding tv-shows.

First off all, I can't seem to browse the shows - when I try to "enter" a show it just starts playing the next episode. I have enabled the "browse tv-shows" option but that doesn't really do anything for me Sad

Secoundly, when I choose to add a tv-show to library, it shows up under the movies folder inside the add-on_data. And again the strm file just links to the next episode. So I can't really scan the tv-show into my library Sad

I am running XBMC Frodo 12.2 on MAC OSX Lion...

/Michael

Did you resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem.

Running XBMC 12.3 on Win7 x64, and newest version of NetfliXBMC (installed yesterday)
I'm having trouble getting the plugin to log in to Netflix. I've cleared the cache and cookies several times, and re-reentered my login credentials more often than I can count. The Chrome plugin is installed and working (tested with the YouTube leanback web site). Here's the relevant error messaging from the XBMC log:

Code:
10:19:40 T:139818518767552   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall
10:19:40 T:139818518767552   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall) failed

I'm running XBMC 12.3 on XUbuntu 13.10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
The Add on works great!

I have tested here with XBMC Frodo & Netflix Netherlands.
One question:

After watching a movie or choosing the back button on the left hand upper screen, I am directed to the mainpage of Netflix itself.
Is there a way to get back to XBMC?

When I exit Netflix (ALT+F4) my XBMC is minimized. It would be great to get back to XBMC.

I'm using a windows computer (Windows XP) connected with a RGB kabel to my Plasma and a wireless keyboard.
(2014-01-09, 05:58)capomatt Wrote: Seems like there should be an easy fix for this because I read through the whole thread and I'm the only one with this problem which makes me think I probably have a simple setting in Chrome I might need to change.

As a side note, it's a little annoying how the mouse cursor it still visible in the IE window so I found a little program called AutoHideMouseCursor that lets you set a timer for having the mouse disappear after a certain time period. Set mine for 10 seconds.

Thanks for the tip, it works great! I kept getting multiple tab errors when using this plugin with Chrome so I switched over to IE & disabled tabbed browsing, installed the AutoHideMouseCursor program and everything works perfectly. Even passed the wife acceptance test Smile
(2014-01-09, 21:11)stealthdave72 Wrote: I'm having trouble getting the plugin to log in to Netflix. I've cleared the cache and cookies several times, and re-reentered my login credentials more often than I can count. The Chrome plugin is installed and working (tested with the YouTube leanback web site). Here's the relevant error messaging from the XBMC log:

Code:
10:19:40 T:139818518767552   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall
10:19:40 T:139818518767552   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/mode=listVideos&thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fMyList%3fleid%3d595%26link%3dseeall) failed

I'm running XBMC 12.3 on XUbuntu 13.10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Just an update, I was able to successfully play a video on the same machine and user account in Chrome after launching the browser with the --user-agent parameter used by the NetfliXBMC plugin, so I know that Silverlight is set up properly. I looked at the code a bit, and it appears to be using Python to login directly rather than going through Chrome, so I don't think that it's a Chrome issue. Is there a way to get more debugging information from this plugin?
Awesome plugin - thanks for all your effort.

Am I the only one experiencing this? No matter what I search for (using the search function), I get "no results found". I've tried search for movies and tv shows that I know for sure exist, both full and partial titles - for example "Top" and "Top Gear" both return no results, while Top Gear is definitely a show on Netflix. Same with "House" or "House of Cards" - just two examples.
Edit: I found out what was wrong. Was logged into different accounts on laptop and XBMC. Works fine now.

After some work I got it working on OSX 10.8 with Frodo. I works great with my Harmony remote which I use with Flirc to simulate keyboard strokes. So far so good.
But when I want to start a movie for my kid, Netflixbmc always starts in English. Anyway to change that to Dutch? So by default, if Dutch is available start in that language.

Strange thing is that when I start the movie myself in the browser, not through Netflixbmc, is starts in Dutch because that's the preferred language in Netflix. So it must be a setting within Netlfixbmc.
Came across an issue after installing the plug-in and I figured it'd be worth noting on here. After closing XBMC and opening it later in the day, I got the "Error: Unable to create application. Exiting" message. After some searching, I found out that it had something to do with the XBMC.log file and if you delete this file, it would fix the problem. Trouble is that there was a service running that was keeping me from deleting the XBMC.log file. You guessed it - NetfliXBMC. So I used the program Unlocker to kill the service, deleted the log file, and everything worked just fine. Not sure if this is relevant or was just a fluke or what but I figured I'd at least post about it in case anyone else had the same issue.
(2014-01-05, 21:37)[Ad0] Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 05:17)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: You should better setup your refresh rate system wide, so that Netflix playback is working smooth for you...

I am using xubuntu 12.04 with nvidia geforce GT 220 and compton (to avoid tearing).
It runs terribly in all refresh rates unfortunally. Some frames are dropped periodically. If a video runs at 24FPS, and I set 24Hz, it runs OK for 15 seconds, and then 15 seconds with stuttering.
I see that it actually drops frames. So those guys using pipelight for linux, what could be the issue?

I have no idea where to ask.

i found this website -- https://answers.launchpad.net/pipelight/...ion/236356

might help. although this solution does nothing for me, as I run XBMC on a mini.iso -- no gdm Sad
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-01-11, 14:07)wastaal Wrote: Edit: I found out what was wrong. Was logged into different accounts on laptop and XBMC. Works fine now.

After some work I got it working on OSX 10.8 with Frodo. I works great with my Harmony remote which I use with Flirc to simulate keyboard strokes. So far so good.
But when I want to start a movie for my kid, Netflixbmc always starts in English. Anyway to change that to Dutch? So by default, if Dutch is available start in that language.

Strange thing is that when I start the movie myself in the browser, not through Netflixbmc, is starts in Dutch because that's the preferred language in Netflix. So it must be a setting within Netlfixbmc.

Great timing! Just came on here to look at how to use remote control with osx and I have a spare flirc and a harmony!

What profile did you set the harmony to? What extra buttons did you map for the netflix part?
Awesome plugin! Thanks for the time and effort put into this!

+1 on the idea of pooling resources with "Romans" to improve both the Amazon and Netflix; not necessarily joined to a single holy grail plugin, but if the two of them have similar behavior/settings etc, then it would only add to XBMC as the tool of choice and two of the most used plugins.

(2014-01-11, 23:02)capomatt Wrote: Came across an issue after installing the plug-in and I figured it'd be worth noting on here. After closing XBMC and opening it later in the day, I got the "Error: Unable to create application. Exiting" message. After some searching, I found out that it had something to do with the XBMC.log file and if you delete this file, it would fix the problem. Trouble is that there was a service running that was keeping me from deleting the XBMC.log file. You guessed it - NetfliXBMC. So I used the program Unlocker to kill the service, deleted the log file, and everything worked just fine. Not sure if this is relevant or was just a fluke or what but I figured I'd at least post about it in case anyone else had the same issue.

Having this issue myself too: Occasionally the "NetfliXBMC Utility" process doesn't exit properly when closing back Chrome and XBMC starts misbehaving. Oddly enough, doesnt seem to be frozen.. just idle.
Haven't been able to identify exactly when/why, as it is irregular. I'll try to post more from next couple times it occurs, but figured I'd add a +1 if anybody is experiencing same.
---
Win 7/64 TV sa 2nd display; Frodo 12.2 +XBMCHub Wizard Scripts; Aeon MQ+extra; NetfliXBMC setup with Chrome
(I have the 3 installed, FF as my browser of choice, dont use Chrome regularly; initial setup of plugin with FF gave me some headaches since FF would try to start in the 2nd TV display after being used for this; So i set the plugin with Chrome)
The netflixbmc utility periodically quits sending the keypresses to chrome and ends up sending alt f4 to xbmc leaving me stuck in chrome. Everything seems to work for the first show I watch in netflix but fails after starting another show. Otherwise addon is flawless! Great work. Really appreciate your time.
Using mce home driver .
(2014-01-12, 06:41)locomot1f Wrote: i found this website -- https://answers.launchpad.net/pipelight/...ion/236356

might help. although this solution does nothing for me, as I run XBMC on a mini.iso -- no gdm Sad

Thanks! Been there done that. I can set the refersh rate, but still there is periodic stuttering. But I think it's a wine / audio issue / performance issue.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7