• 155(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Nothing, my wifi doesn't work (TP-Link TL-WN725N)

And omxplayer is missing...

Back to Rbej December Frodo compilation
(2014-01-10, 02:02)MilhouseVH Wrote: What skin? Do you get this with stock Confluence?

yes, stock Confluence
what i'm thinking is somehow xbmc starts using most of the cpu
is there any option to set a lower priority for xbmc?
Not really, no - and that's not really the way to fix the problem. As I'm not getting that message (or the instability) with stock Confluence I'm wondering if it's being caused by a third-party add-on - I'd suggest disabling all your add-ons then re-enabling one at a time until the problem occurs.

Also if your Pi is crashing under load then you may need to wind back any overclock and/or invest in a better power supply. Try the stress test I mentioned previously, if your Pi survives that it should survive pretty much anything...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ty for the answers!
I've tried both, rbej's frodo and milhouse gotham. Both gave me some problems.
I didn't have enough testing time, hopefully on the weekend ill do more and elaborate on the answers!
ty!
I've been using rbej frodo and for me is stable with addons and videos.
About milhouseVH gotham, can be expected the same stability to addons and videos, or are for now some disadvantages about frodo version?

Probably the biggest problem is that some 3rd party addons will not work in gotham?

What are the pros and cons about rbej from vs MilhouseVH gotham?

Can someone give the opinion?
(2014-01-10, 03:53)suku_patel_22 Wrote: Will setting the GUI resolution to 720P improve the performance? I have changed it in XBMC settings. Is there something else that I need to do?

You can try, but in my experience the improvement was small. You need to change in GUI and then restart xbmc.
Overclock and a fast sdcard (or usb) will have more impact.

This video was using a 1080p GUI.
@Milhouse, @miappa

I've added the change to newclock3 to allow dvdplayer to be chosen (as used in Doctor-X's build). This can be useful for playing SD videos that are not currently supported (e.g. DivX3).

I have a suspicion that dvdplayer could incorrectly get chosen as the default player in some circumstances (possibly where plugins incorrectly force dvdplayer rather than default player).
Typically it works correctly. But we won't find out what goes wrong without testing.

So ideally everything will work as before. You can now press context menu on a video and "play using dvdplayer".
I'd be interested in knowing what the hardest files are that play with dvdplayer (and what your overclock is).
Whether you think picture quality/smoothness/audio sync is better/worse with dvdplayer/omxplayer (when it keeps up).
Whether dvdplayer is ever used when not requested.

dvdplayer doesn't currently support passthrough (it will play, but audio will be screetchy), so you will need to disable that for correct audio.
It may be worth testing if video keeps up with passthrough enabled, as it frees up some CPU.
Getting passthough working with paplayer/dvdplayer is something I am planning.

In my tests sd H.264 content wouldn't keep up, but sd MPEG-4 did play fine.
I'm intested in testing unsupported codecs (wmv2, DivX3, sorenson spark, msmpeg - anything that doesn't currently play with omxplayer).
Does dvdplayer auto starts when trying to play an unsupported file in omxplayer, like divx3?
Or do we have to always manually select dvdplayer?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-01-10, 15:23)xbs08 Wrote: Does dvdplayer auto starts when trying to play an unsupported file in omxplayer, like divx3?
Or do we have to always manually select dvdplayer?

For now it's manual. There may be a possibility to automate it in the future.
@popcornmix
Dvdplayer is set as default on DVD iso´s. When you "fixed" this it only fixed omx being used when selecting dvdplayer, however dvdplayer is still set as default.
Not a biggie when you know about it, but I have a feeling that there will be some complaints...
(2014-01-10, 16:12)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
Dvdplayer is set as default on DVD iso´s. When you "fixed" this it only fixed omx being used when selecting dvdplayer, however dvdplayer is still set as default.
Not a biggie when you know about it, but I have a feeling that there will be some complaints...

Do you have <defaultdvdplayer>omxplayer</defaultdvdplayer> in advancedsettings?
The "defaults" should follow these:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/blob/...ttings.xml
Yes, omxplayer is set in advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
<cputempcommand>/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | sed -e 's/temp=\([0-9]*\).*/\1 C/'</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp | sed -e 's/temp=\([0-9]*\).*/\1 C/'</gputempcommand>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
<imageres>540</imageres>
<fanartres>720</fanartres>
<video>
<defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
<defaultdvdplayer>omxplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
</video>
<audio>
<defaultplayer>paplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
(2014-01-10, 16:39)miappa Wrote: Yes, omxplayer is set in advancedsettings.xml:

Yes, I see it. Looks like a bug.
Code:
14:45:03 2198.021729 T:3069857792  NOTICE: Default DVD Player: omxplayer
Code:
14:47:26 2341.289795 T:3069857792   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: adding player: DVDPlayer (1) for rule: dvdimage

Not sure where it's getting the rule for dvdimage from.
(2014-01-10, 16:50)popcornmix Wrote: Not sure where it's getting the rule for dvdimage from.

xbmc / system / playercorefactory.xml ?
(2014-01-10, 17:28)miappa Wrote: xbmc / system / playercorefactory.xml ?

That's the one! I've added a commit that doesn't hard code DVDPlayer/PAPlayer here.
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223