• 156(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Nice! I´ll make a new build and change the one I have uploaded.
Confirmed that (using Miappa's raspbmc build) dvdplayer is the default for DVD ISOs. Advancedsettings has omxplayer as the defaultdvdplayer. Also confirmed that still frames work properly with dvdplayer (just like they did on a PC).

I also found a workaround for the bug in the positioning of overlays. I noticed that dvdplayer positions the buttons at exactly the same coordinates. However, it stretches the video to full screen minus overscan, while omxplayer by default leaves a letterbox on the top and bottom sides and crops the overscan. If I set the viewing mode to "Stretch 16:9", the video spans the same rectangle as dvdplayer, and the buttons are in the right place!

Unfortunately, there is a bug in persisting the viewing mode when I choose to keep the current settings as default. The next time I open a video, the "Stretch 16:9" mode is selected, but the video shows the letterbox. Changing the video mode to something else and then back to "Stretch 16:9" makes it right again. This sounds easier to fix though than the overlay thing... Smile
(2014-01-10, 17:46)bonzinip Wrote: Unfortunately, there is a bug in persisting the viewing mode when I choose to keep the current settings as default. The next time I open a video, the "Stretch 16:9" mode is selected, but the video shows the letterbox. Changing the video mode to something else and then back to "Stretch 16:9" makes it right again. This sounds easier to fix though than the overlay thing... Smile

Patches or pull requests are always welcome. omxplayer should scale video in the same way as dvdplayer.
@Popcornmix: and @MilhouseVH: what is your actually overclocking settings?
I run with:
Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=6

I also add "force_turbo=1" which gives a bit more performance, but sets the warrany bit. Without that warranty bit is untouched.
Thanks popcornmix, I think I see what's going on and I'll send a pull request once I get the patch tested on the raspberry pi.

Unfortunately my Xmas hacking time is over, so I don't think I'll be able to attack the still frame issue. Sad
(2014-01-10, 19:56)bonzinip Wrote: Thanks popcornmix, I think I see what's going on and I'll send a pull request once I get the patch tested on the raspberry pi.

Unfortunately my Xmas hacking time is over, so I don't think I'll be able to attack the still frame issue. Sad

Still frames are awkward with openmax. You may be able to handle it with careful use of single step, but generally it's set up for continuous video, not single frames.
Look forward to seeing the patch.
(2014-01-10, 19:24)Koloss Wrote: @Popcornmix: and @MilhouseVH: what is your actually overclocking settings?

Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=4
over_voltage_sdram=4
force_turbo=1
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-01-10, 13:12)Mafarricos Wrote: I've been using rbej frodo and for me is stable with addons and videos.
About milhouseVH gotham, can be expected the same stability to addons and videos, or are for now some disadvantages about frodo version?

Probably the biggest problem is that some 3rd party addons will not work in gotham?

What are the pros and cons about rbej from vs MilhouseVH gotham?

Can someone give the opinion?

Gotham is really quite stable. There are still some addons that are not compatible, but most have been updated (assuming the addons are still being supported and haven't been abandoned).

As for the pros and cons with respect to my own and rbej Gotham builds - I guess rbej builds are a bit more experimental and more custom than my own, as I tend to stick only with patches that are likely to go upstream at some point. I'm not interested in adding features to my builds that will never be officially supported (and may eventually have to be dropped etc.). If you want to know exactly what is in one of my builds you need only look at the release notes, all of the details are there.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0110c (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jan 10 21:54:09 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2014 16:54:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa116b5c8859c352322cb27e13baccbea583ef7 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140110215319-r16936-gd4c9cbe

Based on tip of XBMC master (3751d14, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (d4c9cbe, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for fc44959 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
Includes all recent dvdplayer changes.
Edit1: #0110b includes latest firmware with fix for live tv artifacts.
Edit2: #0110c includes updated kernel with CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS disabled. Add "quiet" to the end of command line in /flash/cmdline.txt for a less chatty boot. Final update for today! Smile
Thanks guys!
The dvdplayer enhancements are now letting me view my bunch of old DIV3 encoded files Smile Seems to work surprisingly well with the couple that i tested (one 608 x 320, the other 608 x 336).

Great stuff.
Does the commit bb25d06 mean that automatic switching the TV in 3D mode is supposed to be working?

If yes, it doesn't work on my LG TV. It was working with Frodo, though. All my movies either contain 3DSBS or 3DTAB in the filename. Also the "Adjust framerate..." option is on. Am i missing something?

Thanks for your great work!
(2014-01-10, 21:58)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0110c

Includes all recent dvdplayer changes.

Does this include not automatically playing dvd isos with dvdplayer? I'd like to update my brother to see if he can play his awkward files with dvdplayer (by selecting it from the menu) rather than having to use Plex to transcode them as he does now, I just want to check first that it won't cause issues for him with his isos by playing those with dvdplayer.
(2014-01-11, 01:32)doveman2 Wrote: Does this include not automatically playing dvd isos with dvdplayer?

Haven't tested it myself (as I don't have any suitable media) but it includes all the patches relevant to this new dvdplayer functionality. The most recent commit suggests that default players will be used for DVDs.
(2014-01-10, 20:31)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 13:12)Mafarricos Wrote: I've been using rbej frodo and for me is stable with addons and videos.
About milhouseVH gotham, can be expected the same stability to addons and videos, or are for now some disadvantages about frodo version?

Probably the biggest problem is that some 3rd party addons will not work in gotham?

What are the pros and cons about rbej from vs MilhouseVH gotham?

Can someone give the opinion?

Gotham is really quite stable. There are still some addons that are not compatible, but most have been updated (assuming the addons are still being supported and haven't been abandoned).

As for the pros and cons with respect to my own and rbej Gotham builds - I guess rbej builds are a bit more experimental and more custom than my own, as I tend to stick only with patches that are likely to go upstream at some point. I'm not interested in adding features to my builds that will never be officially supported (and may eventually have to be dropped etc.). If you want to know exactly what is in one of my builds you need only look at the release notes, all of the details are there.

Thanks. I will try your release and see how it goes with me.

Still many addons not supported in gotham, will mantain with rbej.
Thanks anyway, probably in sometime I will try again Millhouse releases Smile
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223