• 113(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Openelec works with that MCE remote just fine out of the box it's no need to do any serious tweaking. What DOES need to be done is the fix listed in this thread multiple times to solve the bios issue with the infrared receiver in the NUC. I'm pretty sure the solution was even added to the very first post of this thread....

Edit: ah okay, Win8? Folks have posted about getting that one working too. XBMC recognizes the keys for MCE remotes out of the box, key aps do not need to be generated - I have that remote actually. What will need to be done is to get Win8 to recognize the infrared receiver - something it should do out of the box.

Drivers for folks using the i5 on Winders https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...+D54250WYK
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Saw XBMC's post on facebook about the Intel NUC pc's today, so I had a look at the Amazon links, and of course, the LifeHacker article.

I've only skimmed it but these look like they come with basic onboard graphics. Still, i3 processors are pretty good. I would be happy to see Aeon Nox perform well on this cpu/PC. - I have an Atom 330 pc at the moment and it's passable, but flip back to the desktop to browse the net and it's not ideal in terms of speed. 168 pages on this thread, Im gonna have a look and get stuck in -- I thought these NUC pcs were a new idea, but 168 pages? wowser.

I'm seeing a lot of mention of h265 footage here.. I had no idea this compression was available yet :-O -this is the super-new standard with like half the file-size yeah?

where can I download some?
Google is your Friend:

https://www.google.com/#q=h265+sample

Btw, h265 is done by software and not even near to be used in everyday setups so that is not a point of buying a NUC or not.

The new NUCs with 2,5" Sata HDD Support are released this month

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/n...0fykh.html

This is the perfect XBMC Box!!! Prices around 130€
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
Do anyone test the ass external subtitles with OpenElec 3.2.4 for the NUC ?

They are not displayed and I get :

01:30:55 T:140719186872064 NOTICE: Opening Subtitle stream: 0 source: 1024
01:30:55 T:140719186872064 ERROR: OpenStream - Unable to init subtitle parser
01:30:55 T:140719186872064 WARNING: OpenSubtitleStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.
I think I found a small problem with the playback quality. It looks like the video window might be one pixel too narrow (and image is scaled down to fit, leading to slight errors).

I can see the same with xbmc picture viewer, but not the xbmc calibration patterns.

I've uploaded a test image to http://i.imgur.com/jLHZVjJ.png - this should show a flat grey pattern (1 pixel wide vertical lines). On my system I see brightness variations in the pattern.

edit: this is an older OE git build, I'll retest with a recent nightly and report a bug if nobody else beats me to it
Seems to be already fixed in the nightlies. Smile

I'll leave the message though if anybody wants to check their system.
@lmyllari:

My summary (speaking as OE official) is as follows:
- VC1 interlaced still not working (FernetMenta is looking after it, but it's really hard) as not even implemented in the intel drivers (Backup Plan: Disable VC1 by default, make it being able to enable via the Expert Settings Menu)
- IR Remote (Bios broken by intel -> workaround a) autostart.sh b) udev rule that does echo before loading)
- Shutdown Problem: No clue yet.

Something else not working?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-10, 01:49)tfouto Wrote: Can you see on Task Manager how much ram XBMC is using?

It just happend again. XBMC uses 150MB of Ram and only 16% of total RAM are being used at the moment.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Screenshot of Taskmanager available? Have you changed something in the virtual Memory settings?
| myHTPC |
(2014-01-11, 02:10)john.cord Wrote: Google is your Friend:

https://www.google.com/#q=h265+sample

Btw, h265 is done by software and not even near to be used in everyday setups so that is not a point of buying a NUC or not.

The new NUCs with 2,5" Sata HDD Support are released this month

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/n...0fykh.html

This is the perfect XBMC Box!!! Prices around 130€

But this is just Celeron right?

The graphics card is also really bad...

I am not sure this would run even 1080p.h264 10bit files...

But it's cheap, yes. Much cheaper, and if you already have an SSD or HDD 2.5 already it's cheaper yet...

why not buying a nuc based on h265 software decoding. i5 nuc should have sufficient cpu power to run h265 software decoding. Not sure about i3 tough.
Yes but this "Celeron N2820" is way more powerful compared to the Celeron 847 (1,1GHz vs. 2,4GHz). Btw, this was just a example. There will be "h" NUCs with i3 and i5 too. The "h" stands for "high" wich means that there is space for a standard 2,5" HDD or SSD.
(2014-01-11, 14:32)john.cord Wrote: Yes but this "Celeron N2820" is way more powerful compared to the Celeron 847 (1,1GHz vs. 2,4GHz). Btw, this was just a example. There will be "h" NUCs with i3 and i5 too. The "h" stands for "high" wich means that there is space for a standard 2,5" HDD or SSD.

Oh nice. Is there a date for the "h" release for i3 and i5?

Thanks
Nope, some sites on the net say 12-2013 but i think Q1 2014 ... atm there is only the Celeron Based listed by retailers.
Anyone have video quality issues with SD content on Windows 8? I'm noticing playback on these files is significantly worse than on my pi using raspbmc.

EDIT: looks like I'm primarily having issues with xvid / avi files
(2014-01-11, 19:07)dfdeath Wrote: Anyone have video quality issues with SD content on Windows 8? I'm noticing playback on these files is significantly worse than on my pi using raspbmc.

EDIT: looks like I'm primarily having issues with xvid / avi files

Did you activate deinterlacing?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7