• 118(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Apparently you can work around it by disabling "wake on lan", it's definitely a BIOS issue. Lots of people reported the power button stopped working, but I believe there is no 100% workaround there (someone recommended re-inserting RAM, then someone else said that didn't worked).

FernetMenta fixed the HD audio problem by suspending HDMI audio before changing refresh rate, but I believe that's just a workaround. I think I saw a mention somewhere on the Intel community board that it might be an ELD reading issue as well because this was not needed with the previous NUC. Also, some people have reported that the problem still appears some times. Seems to work fine for me now, but still would be nice to have updates on the core issue.
Exclamation 
Just got the NUC Haswell a month ago as HTPC, everything works greatly. Running latest drivers.

Configuration:
Win 8.1
8GB RAM
128GB SSD
Output to TV using HDMI.

When I remote desktop to the HTPC and the source on TV is not set to HTPC -OR- the TV is off
when I close the remote desktop session and turn on the TV, I get blank screen on TV, I have to
reboot the NUC to get the HDMI signal back again on TV.

Anyone know how to resolve or workaround this issue?

Confused

Thanks.
I have issues using my Nuc Haswell I5 and av receiver Denon 1910 with xbmc audio passthrough using wasapi under windows 8.1, When soundtracks are on DTS-HD MA, got the led lighting on the receiver but no sound or very low. Someone could help ? Thanx.
Maybe a hdmi problem between HD5000 card and Denon 1910 ? How to know ?
@peio72

Try latest Gotham nightly. Lots of mentions about HD audio in this thread.

@sentimex

Sounds like HDMI handshake issue, can be worked around by using a dr hdmi adapter or extracting the EDID then tell drivers to use that (not sure if that's possible on windows).
(2014-01-14, 17:18)sentimex Wrote: Just got the NUC Haswell a month ago as HTPC, everything works greatly. Running latest drivers.

Configuration:
Win 8.1
8GB RAM
128GB SSD
Output to TV using HDMI.

When I remote desktop to the HTPC and the source on TV is not set to HTPC -OR- the TV is off
when I close the remote desktop session and turn on the TV, I get blank screen on TV, I have to

Confused

Thanks.

you should post this on Intel comunities forum. That way if it's a bug they should resolve it...
Anyone know a nightly build where TVDB works ? The version im currently using, wont scrape my series, but movies work fine for some reason.

I index my series like this : American.Dad.S01E02.Threat.Levels - Inside American dad folder, and then a season 1 folder.

I could use a stable release, but dont want the greyish blacks.
I'm already using Gotham and same issues as other software for dts-hd ma passthrough. What can be done under windiws 8.1 to fix that without external hardware ? Thanx.
(2014-01-14, 17:54)tfouto Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 17:18)sentimex Wrote: Just got the NUC Haswell a month ago as HTPC, everything works greatly. Running latest drivers.

Configuration:
Win 8.1
8GB RAM
128GB SSD
Output to TV using HDMI.

Confused

Thanks.

you should post this on Intel comunities forum. That way if it's a bug they should resolve it...

Posted here:
https://communities.intel.com/thread/47994
If i want "perfect" 23,976 playback is there any difference with

INTEL NUC I3 4010U HASWELL with Intel HD Graphics 4400
vs
INTEL NUC I5 4250U HASWELL with Intel HD Graphics 5000
As far as I know, it's a general Haswell improvement. So, no, it doesn't make a difference.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-01-14, 19:46)Jönke Wrote: If i want "perfect" 23,976 playback is there any difference with

INTEL NUC I3 4010U HASWELL with Intel HD Graphics 4400
vs
INTEL NUC I5 4250U HASWELL with Intel HD Graphics 5000

Nope. Both handle perfectly 23.976 playback.
(2014-01-14, 12:01)arokh Wrote: 90% of this thread is OpenELEC and remote control specific. I'm waiting for updates regarding the power button issue but every time I come here the thread is hijacked by general support questions that belong in other threads.

/rant

I'm equally surprised that more people aren't actively complaining about VC1.

You guys are buying a 400$ HTPC and playing lossy encodes? Confused
(2014-01-14, 20:35)Selene Wrote: I'm equally surprised that more people aren't actively complaining about VC1.
I don't think complaining would help. Create test cases and file (upstream) bugs?

Quote:You guys are buying a 400$ HTPC and playing lossy encodes? Confused
Very few sources with lossless video. No codec can do lossless video on blu-ray.

All the better quality blu-rays used to be mpeg2 or h.264. Are there any high quality vc-1 encodes now?
is it vc1 in general people have problems with? i thought it was limited to interlaced vc1 and that progressive was fine.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7