• 8(current)
openelec AND retroplayer? i need a clean pair of pants
Great to hear from you garbear!
Great work. Excited to see this in action!
indeed. retroplayer is gonna rock
retroplayer has been the cause of some serious WEF (Wife Excitement Factor) recently in my household.

I'd been trying to figure out how to explain to her that I wanted to set up MAME on my HTPC, but hadn't broken the news. Then one night, bored, she said could be get the old NES from the loft and plug it into the TV so she could play Mario World 2? Ka-ching!! I've had the NES emulator running on the recent OE 3.2.0+retro build, she spent the evening playing and thoroughly approves. She kept losing at Mario World, but I don't think that that was a software problem Smile
(2014-01-02, 15:42)twelvebore Wrote: retroplayer has been the cause of some serious WEF (Wife Excitement Factor) recently in my household.

I'd been trying to figure out how to explain to her that I wanted to set up MAME on my HTPC, but hadn't broken the news. Then one night, bored, she said could be get the old NES from the loft and plug it into the TV so she could play Mario World 2? Ka-ching!! I've had the NES emulator running on the recent OE 3.2.0+retro build, she spent the evening playing and thoroughly approves. She kept losing at Mario World, but I don't think that that was a software problem Smile

Excellent!!! Same here Smile
Smile 
my current setup is OpenELEC 3.2.4 installed with /storage on a separte usb ext4 partition.

I've had prior success running emulation station and raspbmc, but the openelec system just seems so much more responsive on the pi.

I'm currently crosscompiling this build for the Raspberry Pi, since no precompiled builds seem to exist.

do I need to compile the emulator cores separately to get things fully functional?
Huh

Update

after a few minor adjustments, I was able to compile the image.
using the method posted under " Setup an emulator in Raspbmc (NES in this example) " , I successfully swapped the emulator cores for a few emulator addons and launched a few roms.

here is the build if anyone wants to give it a try.

Download OpenELEC_RetroPlayer-RPi.arm-3.2.0.tar.bz2
@darthbollocks @garbear

i just wrote the image to sd along with my usb boots and works great. Thank you both for the work.
now, how do we make the emus work lol
Was soooooo excited to get my new Celeron NUC home and get RetroPlayer OpenELEC installed, only to be devastated to see that I could not get audio through HDMI with the current build. The worst part is that the emulators worked so perfectly! Coming off a Windows HTPC using Advanced Launcher for my emulators, I can not WAIT to see this in action. In the mean time I'm using a current official build (Frodo) and everything's working perfectly...
(2014-01-04, 07:34)darthbollocks Wrote: my current setup is OpenELEC 3.2.4 installed with /storage on a separte usb ext4 partition.

I've had prior success running emulation station and raspbmc, but the openelec system just seems so much more responsive on the pi.

I'm currently crosscompiling this build for the Raspberry Pi, since no precompiled builds seem to exist.

do I need to compile the emulator cores separately to get things fully functional?
Huh

Update

using the method posted under " Setup an emulator in Raspbmc (NES in this example) " , I successfully swapped the emulator cores for a few emulator addons and launched a few roms.

Hey, thanks for compiling this. How is it working for you so far? I tried to dl your link, but for some reason I can't get it working. Is it me, or is the link broken?
(2013-11-28, 00:29)brucem Wrote: Bit more info on the amd driver build problem: the amd website detects if you are clicking through to the download from one of their referring pages: if not, it issues a 302 temporarily moved http response, so the download fails....

Thanks for this tip! If anyone else is having issues with the ati driver download, here's a solution (and one that can be easily integrated into the build scripts)

Code:
cd OpenELEC.tv/sources/xf86-video-fglrx
wget --referer=http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux+x86 `cat amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13-6-beta-x86.x86_64.zip.url`

NB, those are backtics (on the same key as ~ on my kb) around the cat ... line (I could have copied the url from the file, but I was feeling lazy).

This simply gives amd.com a refer header that it likes, allowing you to download the driver. That refer gateway is freakin' annoying.

EDIT: You also need to do the same thing for the LEGACY driver as well:

Code:
cd sources/xf86-video-fglrx-legacy/
wget --referer=http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Linux+x86 `cat amd-driver-installer-12.6-legacy-x86.x86_64.zip.url`

Be sure you remove the old .zip files (which are really just html error pages) prior to running the wget command, OR rename the newly downloaded file back to xxx.zip (wget does not overwrite files by default, and will append a .1, .2 etc to filenames).
is there a raspberry build out there?

what are the issues and current status of the project?
(2014-01-15, 01:08)d3mncln3r Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 07:34)darthbollocks Wrote: my current setup is OpenELEC 3.2.4 installed with /storage on a separte usb ext4 partition.

Huh

Update

Hey, thanks for compiling this. How is it working for you so far? I tried to dl your link, but for some reason I can't get it working. Is it me, or is the link broken?

Here you go Smile OpenELEC_RetroPlayer-RPi.arm-3.2.0.tar.bz2
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
So I just pulled the trigger on a new(ish) Haswell i5 NUC. Can anyone confirm whether or not audio will work with this hardware?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856102052
Hello, I'd love to get this. I am currently running OpenElec 4.0 Beta 3 because of drivers issues I had.
Is there any chance you could make an OpenElec build with retroplayer for this please?

Thanks so much.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openelec AND retroplayer? i need a clean pair of pants4