• 8(current)
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
integrated webbrowser would be fantastic!
Cloud funktion:

Login and have 1 xbmc setup for all devices

So all watched items are updated, "resume from…" support, and so on

Would be great
Play random episode of... Via voice command.
Asus P8H77-V LE, BIOS 0237 | Intel i5 3470 3.2ghz | 8GB RAM | TX750W Corsair PSU | 60GB OCZ SSD | 500GB data drive
(2013-11-12, 11:21)alexktz Wrote: Play random episode of... Via voice command.
There is some addon (maybe still WIP) that did this in conjunction with Siri
(2013-11-12, 12:52)da-anda Wrote:

Yatse or Google now
Asus P8H77-V LE, BIOS 0237 | Intel i5 3470 3.2ghz | 8GB RAM | TX750W Corsair PSU | 60GB OCZ SSD | 500GB data drive
(2013-11-12, 12:53)alexktz Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 12:52)da-anda Wrote:

Yatse or Google now
Please search the forum for "voice command" or simmilar - can't recall.
Something like what plex did here. http://lifehacker.com/plexconnect-gives-...-511416686

For us non atv2 owners and who don't want to jailbreak. Would be awesome!!!
Not possible ... this is only a slim version of plex - something like that is not possible with xbmc (please don't discuss it any further if you don't really understand the technics used here...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well, I guess if someone really hacked up a web UI, and some time in the future XBMC had transcoding abilities, it might be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. By the time a working solution would come up, chances are there would either be a better way to do it, or the ATV2/3 would be totally outdated.
Ned and crew, will there be a new one of these threads after Gotham is released and is this THE definitive place to provide suggestions?
Even if the thread had some kind of "seal of approval" it still takes an interested dev to take up a task. I have a lot of requests myself that I also just have to wait for :)
If you don't mind me interjecting - we have a number of Xbmc and Media Browser developers working together on various projects now. I am personally working with krustyreturns to integrate live tv as well as ServerWmc into our api.

Then there is the XBMB3C project which is a joint effort by developers from both sides. It allows an Xbmc client to Media Browser Server as it's back end.

Now we have a developer working on this very thing - an ATV app, and we would like to get him some help. So if there is anyone in here who might be interested please raise your hand and I can arrange the introductions. It is in python, but any moderately experienced developer should have no difficulty stepping in and helping out.
(2014-01-13, 02:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Even if the thread had some kind of "seal of approval" it still takes an interested dev to take up a task. I have a lot of requests myself that I also just have to wait for Smile

That's fine but should we be doing well written threads of our own or dropping comments in here?
Personally, I would make a well written thread. Make the idea stand out as much as possible, and try to make it look as attractive as possible to potential developers.
Xbmc needs to be more simpler...what do I mean by that. Why do yo have to download a repo when there is already one there? Why not have them joined?
Have a default setup if you have a hdmi to TV connection & audio or spdif etc have standard profiles which work out of the box.
Have a wizard to guide you thru the setup of your setup.

Have an app store where you see all the addon etcs rather then guess what they are meant to do. Have tags which relate correctly.
Have a preview of what each setting in layout does...and be able to revert it.
Dont link any sort of social media to xbmc its a media center not a social center!!! You have a phone, tablet and laptop for that!

Thanks
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1