• 160(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I've got a bit of an issue with playing 25fps content, such as iPlayer 1280x720 downloads. My TV switches to 1080p/25hz mode fine but there's a thin green vertical line down the right-hand edge, which is rather distracting and might even be bad for my Plasma TV if I were to watch a lot of this sort of content.

Adjusting the calibration to extend out the bottom right corner doesn't shift it and although my TV has an Overscan setting which might push it out of sight, this is locked out when it switches to 25hz mode so I can't use that either. I'm pretty sure at the end of the day it's an issue with the content and I seem to recall I used to see the same thing on my previous TV with some live TV (might have been BBC) when the programme was 4:3, so in a frame. I think then I could hide it by stretching/zooming to 16:9 to push it off the edge and it was only because in 4:3 the "edge" was actually quite a bit inset from the actual edge of the TV that things like this became visible.
(2014-01-15, 14:24)doveman2 Wrote: I've got a bit of an issue with playing 25fps content, such as iPlayer 1280x720 downloads. My TV switches to 1080p/25hz mode fine but there's a thin green vertical line down the right-hand edge, which is rather distracting and might even be bad for my Plasma TV if I were to watch a lot of this sort of content.

Adjusting the calibration to extend out the bottom right corner doesn't shift it and although my TV has an Overscan setting which might push it out of sight, this is locked out when it switches to 25hz mode so I can't use that either. I'm pretty sure at the end of the day it's an issue with the content and I seem to recall I used to see the same thing on my previous TV with some live TV (might have been BBC) when the programme was 4:3, so in a frame. I think then I could hide it by stretching/zooming to 16:9 to push it off the edge and it was only because in 4:3 the "edge" was actually quite a bit inset from the actual edge of the TV that things like this became visible.

On the latest android version I get similar. A green line at the bottom of the video on AVI and MP4 files. Not much of an issue for me, and sometimes it disappears after a few app restarts. I've never experienced it on either of my Pis though.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0115 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~/.xbmc/userdata # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jan 15 15:11:24 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~/.xbmc/userdata # vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2014 16:54:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa116b5c8859c352322cb27e13baccbea583ef7 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~/.xbmc/userdata # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140115184453-r17009-gd6c28f3

Based on tip of XBMC master (cfd44af, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (d6c28f3, changelog) with the following modifications: This build includes several new AE commits (in newclock3 and XBMC master), plus the aforementioned PR:3546.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@MilhouseVH, do you include this pr in your builds? allow https in HLS variant selection. If not can you include it?
I'll include it in future builds, however I don't want to include patches that go nowhere so please help get this committed upstream by commenting on the PR once you've been able to test, as I'll eventually drop it if there's no obvious progress.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0116 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jan 16 13:21:32 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2014 16:54:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa116b5c8859c352322cb27e13baccbea583ef7 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140116132027-r17009-gd6c28f3

Based on tip of XBMC master (63e652f, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (d6c28f3, changelog) with the following modifications:
Hey MilhouseVH, love your builds, keep up the good work!

But I have one problem, I am not able to play UPNP streams through analog out. I have "audio output device" is set to analog, and I have checked "dual audio output".

With movies it works fine, I can hear sound through HDMI and analog out, but when it comes to music through UPNP, only HDMI works. No idea why and I am preaty sure it used to work perfeclty.

tnx
(2014-01-16, 16:11)pikoli Wrote: But I have one problem, I am not able to play UPNP streams through analog out. I have "audio output device" is set to analog, and I have checked "dual audio output".

dual audio is not yet supported by paplayer. You could try configuring dvdplayer as the audio player.
(2014-01-16, 18:34)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-16, 16:11)pikoli Wrote: But I have one problem, I am not able to play UPNP streams through analog out. I have "audio output device" is set to analog, and I have checked "dual audio output".

dual audio is not yet supported by paplayer. You could try configuring dvdplayer as the audio player.
Related, perhaps - Dual audio was working for airtunes (specifically, streaming music from iTunes on a mac or iPhone) but recently I noticed that, although dual audio is turned on, I get no analog output.
Hello everyone.

Using latest Frodo rbej image and wondering if dual audio is supported... In Audio settings, I either get 'HDMI' or 'Analog' not both.

Can anyone please clarify, just to make sure it is not an issue on my side?

Thanks in advance.
(2014-01-16, 15:13)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'll include it in future builds, however I don't want to include patches that go nowhere so please help get this committed upstream by commenting on the PR once you've been able to test, as I'll eventually drop it if there's no obvious progress.
Thanks for that. Did a quick test now and finally the "NRK web-tv" (norwegian national tv) player again plays live streams after they changed something some time ago.
Sorry guys, it's offtopic
@popcornmix: You are in a German c't Magazin 3/2014

Site 93
http://www.heise.de/ct/inhalt/2014/3/92/
http://www.heise.de/ct/14/03/links/090.shtml
@MilhouseVH
I'm still using rbej-Gotham build from October (OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131009130752-r15789) and I'm quite happy with it. Wonder why no new Gotham-builds are coming from rbejHuh
I'm interested in trying out your latest build. Do I have to modify advancedsettings.xml and/or config.txt?
The latest MilhouseVH build has a few new extra features regarding Enable passthrough, namely TrueHD capable receiver and DTS-HD capable receiver. Is the raspberry pi capable to deliver the HD sounds?
(2014-01-17, 17:33)wizzard72 Wrote: The latest MilhouseVH build has a few new extra features regarding Enable passthrough, namely TrueHD capable receiver and DTS-HD capable receiver. Is the raspberry pi capable to deliver the HD sounds?

No. The hardware cannot support HD (passthrough) audio.
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223