• 165(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hey Luna,

It's been a while since I've updated this so I figured I would now. I did the steps as usual of deleting the folder and cache. Installed dependencies, but get script install failed.

http://pastebin.com/n7vxRKc4

Any ideas why?
(2014-01-25, 18:29)mzup Wrote: Hey Luna,

It's been a while since I've updated this so I figured I would now. I did the steps as usual of deleting the folder and cache. Installed dependencies, but get script install failed.

http://pastebin.com/n7vxRKc4

Any ideas why?

Are you manually installing the zip? Follow post 1.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-25, 15:02)Dec64 Wrote: Trying to get my first live tv channel setup. Using tvheadend from a hdhomerun device on OpenElec. Set up works perfectly outside of PseudoTV live.

My settings2.xml looks like this

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="1340" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I1.2067.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="BBC ONE W Mid LiveTV" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1390619485" />
</settings>

The XMLTV file was created and the names match up like I read to do. I'm getting the following error tho when running it,

Quote: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: ChannelList instance has no attribute 'LiveID'
Traceback (most recent call last):

I've never seen this "liveID" setting id that it's asking for, could someone tell me what its refering to please?

More of the log file can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/HyeHYFJq

Thanks

Follow post 1, delete cache then force channel reset. Also use latest git, your running an old copy...
(2014-01-25, 18:26)photo848 Wrote: Hi Luna,

I am having an unusual issue. I download the latest GIT and made sure I have all the dependencies. I set to Autotune so it would generate channels and everything worked fine. I then wanted to use PTVL with my manually created settings2.xml that I have been building and it loaded fine and started up on the first channel however when I tried to see the channel lineup by hitting enter the channel outline came up but took about 1 minute to populate with data. I also was then unable to change channels or exit out of the channel lineup nor could I exit out of PTVL so I ended up rebooting. The manually created settings2.xml has worked perfectly in prior versions. I have a mix of Live TV, auto generated channels, strm file channels and you tube channels. One other thing of note, when I first started PTVL with the latest GIT I activated commercials using You Tube however I kept getting the blackscreen on start up and changed it to internet and it loaded fine. Maybe my You Tube channels are an issue now? Could you take a look at my log? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmisbu8kpzwjz1i/xbmc.logv1

Youtube Commercials will be fixed tonight, as for your other problem... Log shows no errors... I would have to assume there is a problem with your setting2 configuration.
(2014-01-25, 21:33)Lunatixz Wrote:

I am having an unusual issue. I download the latest GIT and made sure I have all the dependencies. I set to Autotune so it would generate channels and everything worked fine. I then wanted to use PTVL with my manually created settings2.xml that I have been building and it loaded fine and started up on the first channel however when I tried to see the channel lineup by hitting enter the channel outline came up but took about 1 minute to populate with data. I also was then unable to change channels or exit out of the channel lineup nor could I exit out of PTVL so I ended up rebooting. The manually created settings2.xml has worked perfectly in prior versions. I have a mix of Live TV, auto generated channels, strm file channels and you tube channels. One other thing of note, when I first started PTVL with the latest GIT I activated commercials using You Tube however I kept getting the blackscreen on start up and changed it to internet and it loaded fine. Maybe my You Tube channels are an issue now? Could you take a look at my log? Thanks!

Youtube Commercials will be fixed tonight, as for your other problem... Log shows no errors... I would have to assume there is a problem with your setting2 configuration.

I have been building quite a few channels so I'll take a look at the configuration again. May have to add one at a time until I find the issue. Thanks for looking.
(2014-01-25, 21:52)photo848 Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 21:33)Lunatixz Wrote:

I have been building quite a few channels so I'll take a look at the configuration again. May have to add one at a time until I find the issue. Thanks for looking.

Turn off background updating and see what channel PTVL locks up on.
Yay, PTVL now works on Gotham for me with the latest nightly. Thanks Luna.

I have however run into another problem - I've added my PTV settings2.xml to the PTVL folder and all channels now load. However your standard YouTube channels are still on PTVL even though they're not in the settings2.xml file of mine. My channels indicate the correct name and logo, but the EPG data and content is still from the standard streaming channels from 1-4/5 for some reason. I can't get rid of them. And when I move over them in PTVL EPG it freezes the EPG and the info box in PTVL.

I can't post the log here just yet, but I will when I get a chance...
(2014-01-25, 23:27)DJ... Wrote: Yay, PTVL now works on Gotham for me with the latest nightly. Thanks Luna.

I have however run into another problem - I've added my PTV settings2.xml to the PTVL folder and all channels now load. However your standard YouTube channels are still on PTVL even though they're not in the settings2.xml file of mine. My channels indicate the correct name and logo, but the EPG data and content is still from the standard streaming channels from 1-4/5 for some reason. I can't get rid of them. And when I move over them in PTVL EPG it freezes the EPG and the info box in PTVL.

Force channel reset...
Glad its working in Gotham now, took a few builds to get my merge to go through...
(2014-01-26, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 23:27)DJ... Wrote: Yay, PTVL now works on Gotham for me with the latest nightly. Thanks Luna.

Force channel reset...
Glad its working in Gotham now, took a few builds to get my merge to go through...

Hi Lunatixz,

I'm trying to get PTVL to work with the latest Gotham nightly. Unfortunately it seems to be skipping all my channels and only creating directory based channels. The channels work fine in Frodo, could you see what the problem is please?

LOG
(2014-01-26, 00:50)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote:

Force channel reset...

Hi Lunatixz,

I'm trying to get PTVL to work with the latest Gotham nightly. Unfortunately it seems to be skipping all my channels and only creating directory based channels. The channels work fine in Frodo, could you see what the problem is please?

LOG

Yeah, Looks like it was premature to call it working in gotham... Don't understand why my merge isn't included yet...
(2014-01-26, 01:05)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 00:50)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Force channel reset...

Hi Lunatixz,

LOG

Yeah, Looks like it was premature to call it working in gotham... Don't understand why my merge isn't included yet...

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for checking, I'll keep my eye out for changes in the Gotham nightly builds. Thanks for all your hard work!
(2014-01-26, 01:13)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 01:05)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 00:50)Rastan Wrote: Hi Lunatixz,

LOG

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for checking, I'll keep my eye out for changes in the Gotham nightly builds. Thanks for all your hard work!

You can still get it working just add the root as a folder source... so if xbmc is installed on x:, add x: as a source and exclude it from library scan, and set type to none.

The problem is a security feature they added to Gotham, but adding the drive overrides it. I pushed a change to add the proper bypass for PTVL's folders and it was merged with XBMC git... so I'm not sure why it didn't take yet.
You can also add ...\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv as a source in the File Manager.
(2014-01-26, 01:19)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 01:13)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 01:05)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, Looks like it was premature to call it working in gotham... Don't understand why my merge isn't included yet...

You can still get it working just add the root as a folder source... so if xbmc is installed on x:, add x: as a source and exclude it from library scan, and set type to none.

The problem is a security feature they added to Gotham, but adding the drive overrides it. I pushed a change to add the proper bypass for PTVL's folders and it was merged with XBMC git... so I'm not sure why it didn't take yet.

Thanks for that tip. I will give them a few more days to see if your merge makes it through first. If that fails I'll do as you suggested. Big Grin
(2014-01-25, 20:42)Lunatixz Wrote: Follow post 1, delete cache then force channel reset. Also use latest git, your running an old copy...

Ok thanks, was an oversight on my part. live TV and autotuned movie channels work perfectly, when i try to autotune channels based upon tv genre i get this error in the logs:

Code:
EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 70: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 201, in onInit
                                                if self.readConfig() == False:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 330, in readConfig
                                                self.channels = self.channelList.setupList()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 137, in setupList
                                                self.setupChannel(i + 1, False, makenewlists, False)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 438, in setupChannel
                                                if self.makeChannelList(channel, chtype, chsetting1, chsetting2, chsetting3, chsetting4, append) == True:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 768, in makeChannelList
                                                PrefileList = self.buildFileList(fle, channel)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 1654, in buildFileList
                                                dur = self.videoParser.getVideoLength(uni(match.group(1)).replace("\\\\", "\\"))
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/VideoParser.py", line 70, in getVideoLength
                                                if os.path.exists(filename) == False:
                                              File "./Lib/genericpath.py", line 18, in exists
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 70: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I'm assuming this means a genre of one of my tv shows is written odd? I have a lot of tv shows so i'm not sure what im looking for. They all should be set up so that the tvshow.nfo genre info reads as:

Code:
<genre>Drama / Horror / Suspense / Thriller</genre>

Would that setup be an issue or is it something else?
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45