• 166(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-26, 04:20)Dec64 Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 20:42)Lunatixz Wrote: Follow post 1, delete cache then force channel reset. Also use latest git, your running an old copy...

Ok thanks, was an oversight on my part. live TV and autotuned movie channels work perfectly, when i try to autotune channels based upon tv genre i get this error in the logs:

Code:
EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 70: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 201, in onInit
                                                if self.readConfig() == False:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/Overlay.py", line 330, in readConfig
                                                self.channels = self.channelList.setupList()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 137, in setupList
                                                self.setupChannel(i + 1, False, makenewlists, False)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 438, in setupChannel
                                                if self.makeChannelList(channel, chtype, chsetting1, chsetting2, chsetting3, chsetting4, append) == True:
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 768, in makeChannelList
                                                PrefileList = self.buildFileList(fle, channel)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py", line 1654, in buildFileList
                                                dur = self.videoParser.getVideoLength(uni(match.group(1)).replace("\\\\", "\\"))
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live-master/resources/lib/VideoParser.py", line 70, in getVideoLength
                                                if os.path.exists(filename) == False:
                                              File "./Lib/genericpath.py", line 18, in exists
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 70: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I'm assuming this means a genre of one of my tv shows is written odd? I have a lot of tv shows so i'm not sure what im looking for. They all should be set up so that the tvshow.nfo genre info reads as:

Code:
<genre>Drama / Horror / Suspense / Thriller</genre>

Would that setup be an issue or is it something else?

log?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-26, 05:41)Lunatixz Wrote: log?

http://pastebin.com/wU9Twq0N
Can someone please help me?
(2014-01-25, 10:28)right21 Wrote: i don't get it, what am I doing wrong? I removed all previous version's files then installed the new versions and I have a lot of problems...
Look at the pics:

As you can see I don't get the see the content's logo, poster, the channel's logo (1st pic), I get weird names for my channels and I "now watching" fanart isn't shown (2nd pic).
What can I do to fix it? (I have xbmc 12.3 running on win7 64bit and my skin is Xperience1080).
(2014-01-26, 14:00)right21 Wrote: Can someone please help me?
(2014-01-25, 10:28)right21 Wrote: i don't get it, what am I doing wrong? I removed all previous version's files then installed the new versions and I have a lot of problems...
Look at the pics:

As you can see I don't get the see the content's logo, poster, the channel's logo (1st pic), I get weird names for my channels and I "now watching" fanart isn't shown (2nd pic).
What can I do to fix it? (I have xbmc 12.3 running on win7 64bit and my skin is Xperience1080).
You shouldn't delete "setings2.xml"of the previous version.Read the first page...
(2014-01-26, 14:15)tromy Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 14:00)right21 Wrote: Can someone please help me?
Look at the pics:

You shouldn't delete "setings2.xml"of the previous version.Read the first page...
Thank you Smile
@ right21, I think you should start by reading posts 2 and 3.
If you have dynamic artwork enabled, read up on it... Understand how it works.
I've been trying to create a python script that integrates VoxComando w/ PsuedoTV.

I want to say, "Guide" and the guide show up.
"What's playing?" and vox speech tells me whats playing.
"Next page" for next round of channels.
"Watch this or watch channel (Name)"

VoxComando can use the youtube plugin, so one can say "search youtube for X" a/nd it will play.
I was wondering if this is something you might be interested in creating in the future
(2014-01-27, 01:25)tdhz77 Wrote: I've been trying to create a python script that integrates VoxComando w/ PsuedoTV.

I want to say, "Guide" and the guide show up.
"What's playing?" and vox speech tells me whats playing.
"Next page" for next round of channels.
"Watch this or watch channel (Name)"

VoxComando can use the youtube plugin, so one can say "search youtube for X" a/nd it will play.
I was wondering if this is something you might be interested in creating in the future

Yes, but you can get by with using Voxcomando with eventghost. Without using a special script.

Since guide is triggered by the "enter" keyboard key...
map it to a vox command Smile

You can get fancy'er by having the vox command only work when PseudoTV is running...
::Update::
Adding the following to next update:
  • Option for users to select "strm" fallback video. (This option Inputs either a local, or plugin video when a strms links are questionable). This prevents the channel from failing...
    Improved fail detection. PTVL won't shutdown when a video fails. I'm working on adding a channel fallback.
    Improving Enhanced LiveTV, the current parsing process is slow... working on speeding up the process slightly (no way around it being time consuming since it's parsing an outside database).

Future addition i'm working on is "live" or "dynamic" local channel... Concept is a channel that self updates without the need to exit and restart PTVL.
I'm hoping to build up PTVL to the point where it can function as a 24/7 Set top box.
This is a great idea!

As a fairly casual XBMC user though I have a question. If I'm using NetfliXBMC (The Netflix plugin that uses Google Chrome to stream and makes .strm files for your library) and attempt to integrate local content with those .strm files into channels, is this app smart enough to know when a Netflix show ends so that XBMC can take focus of the screen again and play the next local show?

I'd like to be able to have seamless Netflix integration without paying for PlayOn in the end (I think it's dumb you can't really pause/fast forward/rewind with it - I use those features on local media on a regular basis) Hard drive space comes at a premium price which is why it's so cool you can add streams to the library now
(2014-01-27, 20:48)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::
Adding the following to next update:
  • Option for users to select "strm" fallback video. (This option Inputs either a local, or plugin video when a strms links are questionable). This prevents the channel from failing...
    Improved fail detection. PTVL won't shutdown when a video fails. I'm working on adding a channel fallback.
    Improving Enhanced LiveTV, the current parsing process is slow... working on speeding up the process slightly (no way around it being time consuming since it's parsing an outside database).

Future addition i'm working on is "live" or "dynamic" local channel... Concept is a channel that self updates without the need to exit and restart PTVL.
I'm hoping to build up PTVL to the point where it can function as a 24/7 Set top box.

As always, excellent stuff!

Question. Is there a more effective way to edit channels ala PTVManager? I would also love to see an option where you can actually schedule shows to appear at an exact (specific) time. Example: You have a Nickeloden channel with local content and are able to mimic show play times with REAL channel (SpongeBob plays at 7am and again at 5:30, etc).
Ok got 3.1 installed. Now when I use my settings2.xml that I have used in the older version it gives black screen.

http://pastebin.com/isCX35NY

I added this section to the system generated settings2.xml file to test:

<setting id="Channel_29_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_29_1" value="I29.10179.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_29_2" value="smb://192.168.1.102/streams/espn/espn.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_29_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_29_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_29_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_29_time" value="4370" />
<setting id="Channel_29_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_29_rule_1_opt_1" value="ESPN" />

The stream plays in xbmc.
(2014-01-28, 00:59)mzup Wrote: Ok got 3.1 installed. Now when I use my settings2.xml that I have used in the older version it gives black screen.

<setting id="Channel_29_2" value="smb://192.168.1.102/streams/espn/espn.strm" />

you're using an old copy...
(2014-01-27, 20:48)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

This... right here... Is awesome. That's why I have been championing the music genre channels for so long--I'd like to never actually leave PTVL and auto updating library content channels would be a giant leap toward that. Right now the only reason I ever exit PTVL is to update the channels or listen to music and this would take care of one of those needs beautifully.
(2014-01-28, 01:22)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 00:59)mzup Wrote: Ok got 3.1 installed. Now when I use my settings2.xml that I have used in the older version it gives black screen.

you're using an old copy...

What does that mean and old copy? How do I get a new copy? What do I need to do to update to a new copy?
The settings look the same as in the example in beginning of thread.
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45