• 167(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-28, 01:40)mzup Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 01:22)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 00:59)mzup Wrote: Ok got 3.1 installed. Now when I use my settings2.xml that I have used in the older version it gives black screen.

http://pastebin.com/isCX35NY

I added this section to the system generated settings2.xml file to test:

<setting id="Channel_29_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_29_1" value="I29.10179.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_29_2" value="smb://192.168.1.102/streams/espn/espn.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_29_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_29_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_29_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_29_time" value="4370" />
<setting id="Channel_29_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_29_rule_1_opt_1" value="ESPN" />

The stream plays in xbmc.

you're using an old copy...

What does that mean and old copy? How do I get a new copy? What do I need to do to update to a new copy?
The settings look the same as in the example in beginning of thread.
You are using an old copy of PTVL, download the latest nightly.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I'm very excited about the prospect of using this plugin but I'm having problems I can't find an answer to. Well, a problem and some quesitons actually...

1. I'm attempting to run this on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian / XBMC Frodo using the most current dev release (2.1.0-73) of PseudoTV, however everytime I try to run it, it will hang adding channels. I have tried to eliminate any online features and configuring the channels to only have the networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox) as a test and it'll still hang. There's no specific time or place, it's pretty random and everytime I've attempted to run again, I would remove all XML and setting files I could locate. I will say that I have a lot of media (around 4500 episodes, obviously not all are network shows though) and do understand that the RPi isn't quite a quad core Xeon (lol) but last time I tried running it, it hung adding an entry for over an hour before I forced a reboot via SSH.

2. To help with the limitations of the Pi CPU, is there a way to run this from a server and use the RPi more or less like a terminal client of sorts?

3. I actually have multiple RPi's, is there a way to synch them so they are all at the same "schedule"?

If it helps with troubleshooting, here are my specs:

- Raspberry Pi version B
- Running strictly off a class 10 SD
- All media on a Windows 7 SMB shares (again, ~4500 eps)
- 10/100 managed network

Thanks!!
(2014-01-28, 02:46)Jamie Wrote: I'm very excited about the prospect of using this plugin but I'm having problems I can't find an answer to. Well, a problem and some quesitons actually...

1. I'm attempting to run this on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian / XBMC Frodo using the most current dev release (2.1.0-73) of PseudoTV, however everytime I try to run it, it will hang adding channels. I have tried to eliminate any online features and configuring the channels to only have the networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox) as a test and it'll still hang. There's no specific time or place, it's pretty random and everytime I've attempted to run again, I would remove all XML and setting files I could locate. I will say that I have a lot of media (around 4500 episodes, obviously not all are network shows though) and do understand that the RPi isn't quite a quad core Xeon (lol) but last time I tried running it, it hung adding an entry for over an hour before I forced a reboot via SSH.

2. To help with the limitations of the Pi CPU, is there a way to run this from a server and use the RPi more or less like a terminal client of sorts?

3. I actually have multiple RPi's, is there a way to synch them so they are all at the same "schedule"?

If it helps with troubleshooting, here are my specs:

- Raspberry Pi version B
- Running strictly off a class 10 SD
- All media on a Windows 7 SMB shares (again, ~4500 eps)
- 10/100 managed network

Thanks!!

You are posting in the wrong thread... you're using "PseudoTV", this is the "PseudoTV Live" thread...
I actually have tried PseudoTV and am indeed asking about the "live" verson, I just indicated the incorrect plugin ... According to the Add-on Information, I have version 0.3.1 of PseudoTV Live. Thats what I get for looking at what I've downloaded and not confirmed it through XBMC lol

Sorry for the confusion
(2014-01-28, 03:34)Jamie Wrote: I actually have tried PseudoTV and am indeed asking about the "live" verson, I just indicated the incorrect plugin ... According to the Add-on Information, I have version 0.3.1 of PseudoTV Live. Thats what I get for looking at what I've downloaded and not confirmed it through XBMC lol

Sorry for the confusion

I believe there is an issue with samba and rasberrypi... Since I don't own one.. I have no way of fixing it... Sorry... have you tried NFS?
(2014-01-28, 03:34)Jamie Wrote: I actually have tried PseudoTV and am indeed asking about the "live" verson, I just indicated the incorrect plugin ... According to the Add-on Information, I have version 0.3.1 of PseudoTV Live. Thats what I get for looking at what I've downloaded and not confirmed it through XBMC lol

Sorry for the confusion

I am running Raspbmc on the Pi and I do not have this issue. I am also using Samba without issue.
The only problem I am having so far is the EPG locking up if I try to exit while in it.
(2014-01-28, 07:12)spikey911 Wrote:

Sorry for the confusion

I am running Raspbmc on the Pi and I do not have this issue. I am also using Samba without issue.
The only problem I am having so far is the EPG locking up if I try to exit while in it.

Good to know, thanks... I've had reports of problems.
::Update::

Next Update will also include Gotham support, but there may be some skin issues lurking around...
(2014-01-28, 16:41)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Next Update will also include Gotham support, but there may be some skin issues lurking around...

Question, What doesn't work with gotham? I'm currently using pseudoTV live switched from regular pseudo a few days ago. Running a couple day old nightly. All seams to work. Just had to do the OSD popup fix.
(2014-01-28, 17:03)dlblank Wrote:

Question, What doesn't work with gotham? I'm currently using pseudoTV live switched from regular pseudo a few days ago. Running a couple day old nightly. All seams to work. Just had to do the OSD popup fix.

So you are telling me you didn't add the root directory (dirty fix method mentioned in PseudoTV Thread)? or modify PTV in any way to make it work in Gotham!?

What OSD popup fix? I'm aware that there might be skin issues since Gotham has a lot of changes.
(2014-01-28, 17:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 17:03)dlblank Wrote:

So you are telling me you didn't add the root directory (dirty fix method mentioned in PseudoTV Thread)? or modify PTV in any way to make it work in Gotham!?

What OSD popup fix? I'm aware that there might be skin issues since Gotham has a lot of changes.

Oh sorry I had totally forgot that I did add C to sources to make it work. Totally slipped my mind. DOH!

I had to add to dialogseekbar.xml,

Code:
Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml)

To keep the OSD / player controls from poping up and keeping me from channel navigation or getting back to the episode guide.

EDIT: When I read Gotham support was going to be added I took that as it was non functional. Forgot about the small workaround to make it work.

Thanks for your work on this! By far my favorite addon for xbmc. Cant wait to see what this could turn into!
(2014-01-28, 17:26)dlblank Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 17:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 17:03)dlblank Wrote: Question, What doesn't work with gotham? I'm currently using pseudoTV live switched from regular pseudo a few days ago. Running a couple day old nightly. All seams to work. Just had to do the OSD popup fix.

Oh sorry I had totally forgot that I did add C to sources to make it work. Totally slipped my mind. DOH!

I had to add to dialogseekbar.xml,

Code:
Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml)

To keep the OSD / player controls from poping up and keeping me from channel navigation or getting back to the episode guide.

That "popup fix" isn't limited to Gotham, its with all XBMC Skin dialogseekbar.xml's that don't include PseudoTV window exceptions.

Figured you did the dirty root fix... The changes in Gotham require a new security exception to allow addon_data to access json (which is why you need a nightly after the 25th of January). I also rewrote the paths because apparently translated xbmc paths won't work with the new security change. No need to add root drive anymore...

Other then that... I'm sure there will be a number of skin issues (I know Aurora doesn't work in Gotham).
::Update::
Master git updated with:
  • Improved "Enhanced" LiveTV Parsing.
    Couchpotato Movie indicator.
    'Failed Playback' Error handling...
    Gotham Support (no need to add root drive).
    Offair Video Selector (Local/Plugin Strm fallback video).
    Option to ignore strm files (Globally across all channels).
Is there anyway to change the default key mappings when playing content within PseudoTV? I would like to make 'up and down' buttons on my MCE remote to instant fast forward/rewind 10 minutes (which is what i have mapped it to in regular video playback outside of PseudoTV), and keep Program Up and Down mapped to PseudoTV defaults (which is channel up and down).

How can i achieve this?

Thanks
(2014-01-29, 14:07)invision Wrote: Is there anyway to change the default key mappings when playing content within PseudoTV? I would like to make 'up and down' buttons on my MCE remote to instant fast forward/rewind 10 minutes (which is what i have mapped it to in regular video playback outside of PseudoTV), and keep Program Up and Down mapped to PseudoTV defaults (which is channel up and down).

How can i achieve this?

Thanks
It's not exactly what you want to achieve. But i know that if you press 'm' on the keyboard, the normal interface pops up. So you can then use your standard key to fast foward and such. So if you map 'm' to a key on the remote, you can at least do that.
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45