• 13(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Tinker, did you get that button changed to the epg??
(2014-01-28, 06:31)AuXBoX Wrote: If you cannot boot your device into recovery mode or the led light stays red instead of going to green then you will need a serial cable.
I use usb TTL serial cable. As long as you use the sdcardmaker and the uboot_MX.bin from geniatech it will work. It took me a long time to find this out.

Wow, this worked! http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9...post140578 Thanks to Finless Bob.
xda version link is down Wink
I managed to get my Harmony remote working with ATV520 running Geniatech's Linux build. But media buttons such as stop/play do not work. I guess this is because these buttons are not on the original remote that comes with the device. Does anyone know how to get them working?
(2014-01-31, 14:44)markcf105 Wrote: Tinker, did you get that button changed to the epg??

mark:

I don't even know what the keystroke is for 'EPG' on a keyboard. I believe it is 'F1' on NextPVR, the back end I use, but I don't know of any other way to get to in XBMC other than the left hand slide-out menu.

Folks:

About the remote though, I've found that 'select' (the middle button surrounded by the direction arrows) will bring up the player control bar at the bottom of the screen during video and audio playback. The back arrow (lower left of the direction arrows) will dismiss it.

tinker
(2014-02-01, 04:46)tinker Wrote: Folks:

About the remote though, I've found that 'select' (the middle button surrounded by the direction arrows) will bring up the player control bar at the bottom of the screen during video and audio playback. The back arrow (lower left of the direction arrows) will dismiss it.

tinker
That is standard behaviour on any remote isn't it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-02-01, 02:46)apulipu Wrote: xda version link is down Wink

fixed new link been added
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hey guys,

Since recovering my AML8726-MX box (Thanks Finless), I haven't been able to properly flash a ROM to it. The couple I've tried have led to Android robot lying dead with red error message over it.

Technically, once I get to recovery, shouldn't I be able to format the sd card and then flash back the stock Geniatech Android or Linux firmware from recovery? Do I have to use the boot card method discussed in OP?

Cheers!
SF79:

Did you recover to Geniatech Android or Geniatech Linux/XBMC. I was able to recover to Geniatech Linux/XBMC but not to Android. I think this is an issue that should be resolved. I do like the Geniatech Linux/XBMC but would like the flexibility of switching over to XDA Linux/XBMC later on when they catch up and fix some minor problems.

tinker
(2014-02-01, 23:09)tinker Wrote: SF79:

Did you recover to Geniatech Android or Geniatech Linux/XBMC. I was able to recover to Geniatech Linux/XBMC but not to Android. I think this is an issue that should be resolved. I do like the Geniatech Linux/XBMC but would like the flexibility of switching over to XDA Linux/XBMC later on when they catch up and fix some minor problems.

tinker

I haven't be able to flash anything... I'm stuck at Android recovery - but I'm going to try the OP re: Geniatech Linux.
(2014-02-02, 00:05)superfreak79 Wrote: I haven't be able to flash anything... I'm stuck at Android recovery - but I'm going to try the OP re: Geniatech Linux.

I can get to Android recovery - but boot card flash doesn't work. If I'm at recovery, what should I flash? I have nothing on the NAND as is... this is coming from unbrick.
hey superfreak,

ive gotten to recovery menu and been able to flash firmware but i think theres something wrong with my SPI, cant flash that anymore, comes up with error.
I'll post the exact SD Bootcard i used in a sec
Heres what i used

Unbrick Fix

Just open as administrator the sdcard maker first. make sure it formats in FAT and use the spi_MX.bin file i put on there, then put all the files in the folder Recovery SDCard on the sdcard.
Also on the card i put update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img so when in recovery just flash these
(2014-02-02, 03:04)AuXBoX Wrote: hey superfreak,

ive gotten to recovery menu and been able to flash firmware but i think theres something wrong with my SPI, cant flash that anymore, comes up with error.
I'll post the exact SD Bootcard i used in a sec

Yes, that's where I seem to be as well. I have blue LED again and reach Android recovery - but I can't flash from there... or thought I wasn't flashing the right file.

Isn't there technically two files to flash? The update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip (292 MB) and update_spi_mx_20130805.zip (2.6 MB). What is the right way to do that? One comes before the other, right?
(2014-02-02, 03:41)AuXBoX Wrote: Heres what i used

Just use the sdcard maker first. make sure it formats in FAT and use the spi_MX.bin file i put on there, then put all the files in the folder Recovery SDCard on the sdcard.
Also on the card i put update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img so when in recovery just flash these

Thanks. That's pretty much what I did... but I didn't have update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

I used your exact setup (incl bootcard) and got the pink/red screen of death. The blue LED quickly flashed on and off once - otherwise red LED.

What arrangement of files would you have for Linux flash from brick? Remove the spi and stvmx - replace with what?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5