• 23(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-01-30, 03:03)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Also, good news about controlling netflix via webinterface/app. Got it working. When i find some time next days, i will release a first version.

Great news, looking forward to trying it out Smile
First off love the plugin, thank you.

I followed the Lifehacker article and the setup worked perfectly. I've gone through the thread and haven't found the answer to my question so if I missed it I apologize ahead of time.

Is there any way to set the default view for all screens in the plugin? Right now if I browse a particular category, it always shows the screen in list view. I can reset the view type for each screen but if I press "Next" the following screen is in list view. To get everything in my desired view I would have to edit each screen manually.

Is there any way to define a global default view format (poster, poster wrap, media view, thumbnail) ? Or even better is there a way to define a view type for a particular folder and it's childern? For example if I view the genres I just want a list view, but once I browse the videos in that genre I'd prefer a thumbnail view.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
@TheMonk,
Goto settings> views> force view
There you can find view id's, the values depends on the used skin.
(2014-01-31, 18:52)hstegeman Wrote: @TheMonk,

Thanks! I'll check it out this evening and see what can be done.
(2014-01-31, 18:52)hstegeman Wrote: @TheMonk,

Just followed your direction and this worked perfectly. As a side note here's a link that goes over the menu codes:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1540526

One last question, is there any way to display the total items in a particular category (eg Drama, Action etc...)? Currently the videos are displayed in a paginated format, and the total count at the bottom represents the items on that page. So there's no way to tell how many items total there are in a particular category or the total number of pages in the category.

Is there any way to display the total videos for a particular category?

Thanks!
I just ran into a bug where certain shows won't load. I'm using unblockus to watch US netflix, and I can access all of the programming if I launch chrome manually. However from within netfilxbmc I'm having problems loading some TV shows.

I tried numerous things, clearing the cache and cookies from both the plugin settings and chrome itself. Disabling and enabling the plugin. I even went so far as to re-install the plugin. But nothing seems to help. Below is a log dump of when I tried to watch Sons of Anarchy. Like said if I access netflix manually in my browser it works fine, it just fails when I use the plugin. Any advice is appreciated.

PHP Code:
00:09:56 T:3484  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:09:56 T:3484   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>

Error ContentsNo JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Marge\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"line 753in <module>

listSeasons(nameurlthumb)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Marge\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"line 237in listSeasons
                                                content 
json.loads(content)

File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py"line 307in loads

return _default_decoder.decode(s)

File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py"line 319in decode
                                                obj
end self.raw_decode(sidx=_w(s0).end())

File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py"line 338in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError
("No JSON object could be decoded")

ValueErrorNo JSON object could be decoded

-->End of Python script error report<--
00:09:56 T:3064   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Sons%20of%20Anarchy&thumb=http%3a%2f%2fcdn7.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f4327%2f3464327.jpg&url=70143844
00:09:56 T:3064   ERRORCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Sons%20of%20Anarchy&thumb=http%3a%2f%2fcdn7.nflximg.net%2fimages%2f4327%2f3464327.jpg&url=70143844) failed
00:09:56 T:3504  NOTICEThread Background Loader startauto deletefalse
:10:04 T:3532  NOTICEPrevious line repeats 1 times.
00:10:04 T:3532  NOTICEThread XBPyThread startauto deletefalse 
(2014-02-01, 08:30)TheMonk Wrote: I just ran into a bug where certain shows won't load. I'm using unblockus to watch US netflix, and I can access all of the programming if I launch chrome manually. However from within netfilxbmc I'm having problems loading some TV shows.

Nevermind I found my answer reading back through the thread. Don't you love it when you post something and minutes later find what you were just asking about Confused

At any rate others should look here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1614717
(I edited my file to read "en-US"

and here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1611746
Hi there,
I'm a UK user, not using any kind of DNS rerouter. I can't seem to get any of the categories will populate - just empty lists. Login is all correct, I get asked who's watching, so it's definitely logging in properly.

Not sure if this is of any use, but I went to check the locale file (en-GB) and had a look in the cache covers folder, which has fetched a load of covers correctly.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, yes this worked for me - thanks for posting!

Everything but one series in mylist now works.
Love the add-on its working great. Been looking through the forums to try and find out to solve minor issue I'm having.

I'm unable to add or remove any items from "My List". I've added some in via netflix on my browser and they appear on my XBMC htpc perfectly fine. However when I try and remove a current, or add a new one I will see it trying to perform some action (I see the little loading circle) but then nothing is removed or added after.

I tried to look through my logs for something obvious, however my understanding of programming is fairly limited.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=123766

Link to log files if it helps.
I might be doing something wrong. But when i launch NetfliXBMC its just keeps saying 'Busy' in the right corner without doing anything else. When i right-press with the mouse i get the message 'Cannot connect to the remote server'.. I've Chrome installed and Chrome Launcher. Both work correctly. Only NetfliXBMC won't launch. Using Windows btw.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix?
Does anyone have a suggestion to how I accept that Silverlight runs i Chrome? I have keyboard and mouse present, but when NetifliXBMC opens up chrome, I cant control that window (click "Always Allow"). I have tried running "xnint google-chrome" and doing it... but it doesn't have an effect on the chome that runs within XBMC for some reason... Any help is appreciated...

See screen here if you dont understand what I'm talking about :-)
(2014-02-05, 22:50)sorentorp Wrote: Does anyone have a suggestion to how I accept that Silverlight runs i Chrome? I have keyboard and mouse present, but when NetifliXBMC opens up chrome, I cant control that window (click "Always Allow"). I have tried running "xnint google-chrome" and doing it... but it doesn't have an effect on the chome that runs within XBMC for some reason... Any help is appreciated...

See screen here if you dont understand what I'm talking about :-)

Are you running on Linux? If so try disabling "NetfliXBMC Addon Settings-->Advanced-->Linux:Use Silverlight fullscreen mode" to see if that gives you back control. Also try logging into Netflix via normal Chrome and play a video there. If changes you make there don't show up in NetfliXBMC you might've enabled the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher, if so you can launch into the custom Chrome profile by doing this:

-Open ChromeLauncher and select "Add Website"
-Enter "Windowed" as the Name
-Enter "http://google.com" as the URL
-Enter "yes" for Stop XBMC Playback
-Enter "no" for Use Kiosk Mode
-Select "Windowed" and a Google Chrome window will open
-Now navigate to Netflix and try playing a Video there and enabling Silverlight if asked.

You can close the Chrome window once done and any settings should carry over to NetfliXBMC.
Thank you for your reply japzone! Yes, I'm on Debian Linux.

I have tried your sollution, and unfortunatly i doesn't work. When I move the mouse around, it moves on the layer "behind" the chrome window. This means that I cant click on anything or write anything in the chrome windows. How do I tab to focus on the Chrome window?

The sted
Quote:-Select "Windowed" and a Google Chrome window will open
Doesn't apear for me btw...
(2014-02-06, 15:30)sorentorp Wrote: Thank you for your reply japzone! Yes, I'm on Debian Linux.

I have tried your sollution, and unfortunatly i doesn't work. When I move the mouse around, it moves on the layer "behind" the chrome window. This means that I cant click on anything or write anything in the chrome windows. How do I tab to focus on the Chrome window?

The sted
Quote:-Select "Windowed" and a Google Chrome window will open
Doesn't apear for me btw...

Hmmm... That is odd. Do you have "Use own profile" enabled in ChromeLauncher settings?

Also try adding Netflix.com to ChromeLauncher directly and try launching it from there. What happens? And can you launch and control "[Youtube Leanback]" from ChromeLauncher?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7