• 20(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-02-01, 18:01)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 17:50)john.cord Wrote: Since i switched to Aeon Nox 5 on my Raspberry Pi the Pi is accessing the Video DB every Hour and because my DBs are on a MySQL Server and i use the "Wake Remote Server" Option from Gotham Nightlys the Pi is wakeing my server every hour?

Which Option in Nox is the cause of the Video DB accesses?

There are two addons that run as a service and keep querying the database: script.grab.fanart and service.library.data.provider.
Try removing those to see if it fixes the issue. Yo will lose random backgrounds and widgets though.

Thx. Will test this. Only delete the addon folder should do or am i wrong? Loosing Widgets or random backgrounds is no problem. I must use nox on the pi because of a better WAF (girlfriend watching via XBMC on Pi in Bedroom) since i use nox 5 on my main client... Big Grin
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
A few views I miss:

* BigFan (I use it for movies)
* landscape with logos (I use it for TVshows)

Are they coming back?

Else, great work!
Is it possible to display extrafanart when playing music back full-screen (ie, MusicVisualisation.xml)? I only seem to get the artist fanart, it doesn't cycle through the artist's extrafanart. Thanks!
(2014-02-01, 18:14)Macgyv Wrote: A few views I miss:

Are they coming back?

Else, great work!

I second the landscape with logos view. I also use it for TV shows. Could also really use some more episode views. Right now there is only three and only one of those shows episode plot. My favorite was right list, but I read BigNoid isn't going to include it. Shame really. IMO skins are all about viewing your media and tastes for views are very subjective. Without a view a user likes then the skin is irrelevant.
(2014-02-01, 07:58)bolter Wrote: If I'm reading this correctly, are you saying that you can hide the sub menus. If so, where is this option.
No, I'm saying the sub menus take too long to populate once you click the down arrow. On Nox 4 you had the option to always show them for quicker viewing, now that option is gone. Or at least I can't find it.
(2014-02-02, 00:17)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 07:58)bolter Wrote: If I'm reading this correctly, are you saying that you can hide the sub menus. If so, where is this option.
No, I'm saying the sub menus take too long to populate once you click the down arrow. On Nox 4 you had the option to always show them for quicker viewing, now that option is gone. Or at least I can't find it.

Not sure you have this right, there is an option to always display submenus that is how mine is setup.

Think it is under System/Appearance

(2014-02-02, 00:10)RockDawg Wrote:

Are they coming back?

Else, great work!

I second the landscape with logos view. I also use it for TV shows. Could also really use some more episode views. Right now there is only three and only one of those shows episode plot. My favorite was right list, but I read BigNoid isn't going to include it. Shame really. IMO skins are all about viewing your media and tastes for views are very subjective. Without a view a user likes then the skin is irrelevant.

Earlier in the thread BN has already mentioned viewtypes that will make the cut and landscape with logos will be one and not just as a configured setting within landscape view per se
@BigNoid

-Bug-
Don't know if this is a technical limitation, or a bug. When browsing Music videos from the Music node, the album art isn't shown everywhere you would expect it to:

Music / Music videos / Title -> Album art shown
Music / Music videos / Albums -> No album art shown
Music / Music videos / Albums / <album> -> Album art shown
Music / Music videos / Artists / <artist> -> No album art shown
Music / Music videos / Artists / <artist> / <album> -> Album art shown

If you detach the RSS feed from main menu, the submenu will always be visible.

Are they coming back?

Else, great work!

Thats why there are a so many different skins. There can t be one skin that has everything that everybody likes without it being either cpu hungry and/or slow or making great sacrifices to usability. (Which Nox 4 both did)
I notice no delay between pressing down and displaying the list.

Are they coming back?

Else, great work!

One word: mods.

Are they coming back?

Else, great work!

+1 love that view for tv shows.

And infowall for movies, only two views I use Nod
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2014-02-02, 00:58)BigNoid Wrote: Thats why there are a so many different skins. There can t be one skin that has everything that everybody likes without it being either cpu hungry and/or slow or making great sacrifices to usability. (Which Nox 4 both did)

I always thought disabling views you don't use in the nox4 menu took care of those problems?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
First and foremost... a big thank you to Big Noid for all his work on the beautifull Aeon Nox skin!
I have the impression from initial use that Gotham+Nox5 is more responsive than Frodo+Nox4. So great work from both BN and the XBMC team that created Gotham.

The one view I really would love to see making its way back to Nox5 is the TV Shows bannerplex view. It was (is) a very effective way of giving an overview of your large collection ofTV shows and quickly browse them. As for movies and music, there are views with similar visual and information density (or lack of) to the Nox4 skins.

(2014-02-02, 00:58)BigNoid Wrote: Thats why there are a so many different skins. There can t be one skin that has everything that everybody likes without it being either cpu hungry and/or slow or making great sacrifices to usability. (Which Nox 4 both did)
Sounds like we need an add-on system/standard for skin views so anyone with limited knowledge can create one to it's liking without making Nox5 (or other skins) slow, unusable or resource hungry... Angel

OFF TOPIC: I have some problems with my "Multi-room/Multi-user/Shared database/Separate watch status" setup due to the changes in the database I need to figure out, but that's a topic for another thread.
(2014-02-02, 00:53)BigNoid Wrote:

If you detach the RSS feed from main menu, the submenu will always be visible.
Ya, that's what I'm using. It's just slow to populate the items in comparison to Nox 4. For instance, if I am zipping around the menus and then stop on tv shows, quickly hit the down arrow, it can take a second or 2 for the items to appear, even if I only have 1 item. Sometimes it won't take my input and I'll have to click down a second time. On Nox 4 it was instant with no delay. I'm using a quad core cpu so power is not the problem. If custom sub menus are disabled in skin options the population of sub menu items is 100% instant every time. The skin is lighter overall, so I don't understand why this one area renders slower than Nox 4.

Also, in the TriPanel view, is there any reason why the TriPanel view is not available at the season level? Just something you still need to implement?
(2014-02-02, 12:04)StinDaWg Wrote: Ya, that's what I'm using. It's just slow to populate the items in comparison to Nox 4. For instance, if I am zipping around the menus and then stop on tv shows, quickly hit the down arrow, it can take a second or 2 for the items to appear, even if I only have 1 item. Sometimes it won't take my input and I'll have to click down a second time. On Nox 4 it was instant with no delay. I'm using a quad core cpu so power is not the problem. If custom sub menus are disabled in skin options the population of sub menu items is 100% instant every time. The skin is lighter overall, so I don't understand why this one area renders slower than Nox 4.

It's slower because it uses the skin shortcuts script which is - every time you switch main menu items - waiting to be called by XBMC, building a new list, passing this list to XBMC and waiting for XBMC to display it. If you're willing to do some hacking, though, all submenu items can be loaded at once, and the visibility changed as you browse the main menu...

First update to the latest version on github (https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts)

Then load Aeon Nox's "Includes_Home.xml" in your favourite text editor. You need to add an additional property to each main menu item (they start around line 190) called "submenuVisibility". The value is "X" + the ID number of the menu item. So, for pictures - whose ID is 4:

Code:
<property name="submenuVisibility">X4</property>

Finally, at the bottom of the file replace the <content> tag of the CustomSubMenu include with

Code:
<content>plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=submenu&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=X1,X2,X3,X4,X5,X6,X7,X8,X9,X10,X11,X12,X13,X101,X202,X303,X404,X505,X606</content>

Restart XBMC and now, once the script has loaded all the main menu items, switching between them should be much quicker.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537