• 14(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Did you hold reset while booting. I also had to bridge a couple of points too which weren't on the nand, that allowed me to boot from the sdcard which had recovery on it.
I havent tried looking into bridging any points on the nand yet.
I dont think you can flash straight to linux from brick? i could be wrong
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2014-02-02, 06:07)AuXBoX Wrote: Did you hold reset while booting. I also had to bridge a couple of points too which weren't on the nand, that allowed me to boot from the sdcard which had recovery on it.

Yes, I held down reset while booting. Could you tell me which point you bridged? Thanks.
I'm reverting to Android

These builds are just alpha versions and i don't notice a big improvement in speed as i expected
ciquta:

Let us know exactly how you achieve reverting back to Android. Some of us are having problems doing just that.

I do prefer the Geniatech Linux/XBMC though. I had issues with the Android version and none with the Geniatech version.

tinker
(2014-02-02, 21:41)tinker Wrote: ciquta:

Let us know exactly how you achieve reverting back to Android. Some of us are having problems doing just that.

I do prefer the Geniatech Linux/XBMC though. I had issues with the Android version and none with the Geniatech version.

tinker

I just did it.
Everything went fine simply following the instructions on the first post of this tread.

I will try the next version, but so far I am a bit let down by the performances of the Linux version: it's not so faster than the android one, some video misses frames and the WiFi is much weaker.
Ciquta:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll stick with Geniatech Linux/XBMC for now though. Their update doesn't trash my settings and I haven't run across frame dropping on my setup. Do you have an atv520?

tinker
(2014-02-02, 22:53)tinker Wrote: Ciquta:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll stick with Geniatech Linux/XBMC for now though. Their update doesn't trash my settings and I haven't run across frame dropping on my setup. Do you have an atv520?

tinker

Yes, atv520 and never experienced settings deleted on android.
(2014-02-02, 21:41)tinker Wrote: ciquta:

tinker

This kills me because I had Geniatech Linux working fine - but then decided to try XDA Linux... which led to my bricked box. Sad
(2014-02-02, 16:25)superfreak79 Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 06:07)AuXBoX Wrote: Did you hold reset while booting. I also had to bridge a couple of points too which weren't on the nand, that allowed me to boot from the sdcard which had recovery on it.

Yes, I held down reset while booting. Could you tell me which point you bridged? Thanks.

Here's the pins i bridged

(2014-02-03, 00:35)AuXBoX Wrote: Here's the pins i bridged

AuXBoX:

Do you have an image of the atv520's board or will the pins be in approximately the same place?

tinker
(2014-02-03, 00:49)tinker Wrote: [quote='AuXBoX' pid='1617807' dateline='1391380544']
AuXBoX:

Do you have an image of the atv520's board or will the pins be in approximately the same place?

tinker

Here's the bottom side of my 520...

SF79:

Very cool! I think that your 8 pin chip is on the upper right. Could you get a picture from the other side of the board, please?

Here's why: Notice where your thumb is on the upper picture? Looks like a third USB slot. I'll bet if you soldered a USB jack (or the female end of a USB extension cable) that it would work! So, I'll bet there are traces on the other side of the board that lead from that USB port to somewhere.

That would be a great mod!

tinker
Here is the top side of my 520...

(2014-02-02, 06:07)AuXBoX Wrote: I havent tried looking into bridging any points on the nand yet.

Finless thinks it's pins 17& 18 of the NAND.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9...post138571

(2014-02-02, 06:07)AuXBoX Wrote: I dont think you can flash straight to linux from brick? i could be wrong

How did you get back to Linux after brick?
AuXBoX:

Do you know what the white connector on lower left of the top picture in the last post? It looks like another USB port maybe.

tinker
Hey superfreak79

try bridging these 2

this looks like the exact same chip as on my atv1200.

Follow these steps:

1, Download

2. Open SDcardMaker as administrator

3. Image
Select SDCard
yes to partition
select the spi_MX.bin

When it goes to formatting the card make sure you select FAT

4. Once all thats done copy the entire contents of the Recovery SDCard folder to the SDCard
factory_update_param.ubt
recovery.img
spi_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_spi_mx_20130805.img
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

5. Plug SDCard in

6. Bridge points

7. Hold reset button then Plug power in

8. Release reset after 15 seconds

9. Release the bridge once something comes up on tv.

10. Once in recovery flash update_spi_mx_20130805.img first

11. Then flash update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

Hope that helps
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5