RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
@miappa

yes - I have noticed that alsa was enabled

My Soundblaster is shown one time after usb stick is plugged in but no sound
and it has been gone in system -> audio after reboot

The 7.1 Soundbox is better supported
I have the choice to use it and its shown after restart also

but the sound is still horrible..

the good new are : things are going better with new nightlies in the last few weeks

so I will be patient and hopefully it will work in a future build
Hey, I see that subtitles are implemented differently in Gotham.
I've installed a couple sub search engines, but I now have to search each of them independently (instead of xbmc cycling through them) and I also can't find the "download first sync subtitle" option anymore (which I relied on heavily). Is this yet to be implemented or are these options available somewhere in the latest build?
The subtitle addon is now gone and replaced by subtitle services.
Look here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=143
The stickies explains more and there are several threads with similar questions.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Feb 03 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Many fixes regarding omxcodec and dvdplayer:
popcornmix Wrote:Lots of dvdplayer+omxcodec fixes have been pushed to newclock3.
• Aspect ratio for non-square pixel videos should be fixed
• Reduced GPU memory usage by 20M
• Fixed issue with green flashes when playing software codec (e.g. divx3) after hardware codec
• Fixed some crashes with ff/rew and when stopping/restarting
• Fixed some omx_err situations
• + same newclock3 commits as previous build (koying´s libcurl/openssl PR reverted)

Recommendations:
• Libdvdcss (see post #1), this might be required
• Firmware from master (Feb 02 or later, see post #1)
Fresh guisettings.xml if you come from Frodo or old Gotham
• Recheck all settings after install

For DVDPlayer testers, see post #1 (Alternative players).
NB! Additional settings in config.txt is no longer needed for passthrough with PA and DVDPlayer and should be removed!

To install, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140204-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/I8krOr --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140204-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140204-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140204-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140204-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
@miappa did you see my post?
Thanks
Hey fernandovg,
Works here (no crash), but I normally don´t use my library like that though, if I want to delete something I delete it from source and clean library.

If you have another platform to test on, see if that works.
Also, I see you use a lot of different addons and there are many queries in the log. Perhaps you should test with a fresh .xbmc folder and see if that helps.

Edit: Just to explain, I tried to reproduce your issue, but no crash. But I am not sure exactly what you are doing to be honest so perhaps I am doing it "wrong"...
Here is a video:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8lg64z2n88a8y31/vvOQTS2fGS
hi there,

is it just me or am i missing something? when i try and play a video using dvdplayer from the context menu it won't work, it just opens the video with omx player? it does it with all the different nightlies no matter which one i try

Cheers
Dan
(2014-02-05, 13:03)danny_ice Wrote: is it just me or am i missing something? when i try and play a video using dvdplayer from the context menu it won't work, it just opens the video with omx player? it does it with all the different nightlies no matter which one i try

How are you determining that omxplayer is being used? A debug log file may have some clues.
(2014-02-05, 13:08)popcornmix Wrote: [quote='danny_ice' pid='1619816' dateline='1391598239']
is it just me or am i missing something? when i try and play a video using dvdplayer from the context menu it won't work, it just opens the video with omx player? it does it with all the different nightlies no matter which one i try
/quote]

How are you determining that omxplayer is being used? A debug log file may have some clues.

hi, when i press 'o' during playback it says dc:omx-h264, all of my files are 720/1080 mkv files, do i have to enable debugging or is it automatically enabled? if so where is the log stored?

Cheers
Dan
(2014-02-05, 13:11)danny_ice Wrote: hi, when i press 'o' during playback it says dc:omx-h264, all of my files are 720/1080 mkv files, do i have to enable debugging or is it automatically enabled? if so where is the log stored?

That the hardware accelerated openmax decoder that dvdplayer also uses.
Check for "amp" at the end of the line with buffering info. It's present with omxplayer and absent with dvdplayer.
(2014-02-05, 13:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 13:11)danny_ice Wrote: hi, when i press 'o' during playback it says dc:omx-h264, all of my files are 720/1080 mkv files, do i have to enable debugging or is it automatically enabled? if so where is the log stored?

That the hardware accelerated openmax decoder that dvdplayer also uses.
Check for "amp" at the end of the line with buffering info. It's present with omxplayer and absent with dvdplayer.

I'm sorry for being so dumb, you're right it is playing with dvdplayer, i feel like a right idiot. just one more thing, in my settings menu there is the sync playback to display option is present, but no a/v sync method option, is this right?

Regards
Dan
(2014-02-05, 13:22)danny_ice Wrote: I'm sorry for being so dumb, you're right it is playing with dvdplayer, i feel like a right idiot. just one more thing, in my settings menu there is the sync playback to display option is present, but no a/v sync method option, is this right?

Ah - it was hidden as not supported by omxplayer. I've added a commit that restores it.
(2014-02-05, 13:47)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 13:22)danny_ice Wrote: I'm sorry for being so dumb, you're right it is playing with dvdplayer, i feel like a right idiot. just one more thing, in my settings menu there is the sync playback to display option is present, but no a/v sync method option, is this right?

Ah - it was hidden as not supported by omxplayer. I've added a commit that restores it.

okay, thanks for all your help i really appreciate it

Regards
Dan
I somehow had the hope that the last dvdplayer fixes would also solve the dvd-menu problem, but unfortunately they didn't.

Any news on this issue?

Thanks in advance!
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15