• 178(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I'm running on my laptop right now which I use for testing.

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G60 Notebook PC
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIn
tel ~2000 Mhz
BIOS Version: Hewlett-Packard F.65, 12/15/2010
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 3,999 MB

I can move it to my i3 which is my main system, but I'm looking at task manager, i'm at 20% cpu and have 1.5GB of free memory while the problem is occuring. If my system was taxed Task manager should show me what resource. I'm looking through resource manager now but nothing is obvious for a resource shortage.
(2014-02-07, 03:16)Indy_star Wrote: I'm running on my laptop right now which I use for testing.

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G60 Notebook PC
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIn
tel ~2000 Mhz
BIOS Version: Hewlett-Packard F.65, 12/15/2010
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Total Physical Memory: 3,999 MB

I can move it to my i3 which is my main system, but I'm looking at task manager, i'm at 20% cpu and have 1.5GB of free memory while the problem is occuring. If my system was taxed Task manager should show me what resource. I'm looking through resource manager now but nothing is obvious for a resource shortage.

Not true at all! You're running a python script from within xbmc. If xbmcs available threads are hard at work... It will bring PTVL to a grind. None of this is reflected by windows resource tool...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Not sure what you mean, even running a script within xbmc I would see high usage of the xbmc process which I don't. I'm not even maxing a core. Even with a resource shortage, it should eventually catch up and show choppy video. I left it for 15 minutes, and video never displays.
(2014-02-07, 03:38)Indy_star Wrote: Not sure what you mean, even running a script within xbmc I would see high usage of the xbmc process which I don't. I'm not even maxing a core. Even with a resource shortage, it should eventually catch up and show choppy video. I left it for 15 minutes, and video never displays.

this really isn't up for debate... I'm telling you a fact...

Send me a log including a blackscreen, I'll check it out.
This is a log when I start PTVL immediately and switched to the live channel, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I hard killed XBMC

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=126252

Thanks for looking at it
(2014-02-07, 04:06)Indy_star Wrote: This is a log when I start PTVL immediately and switched to the live channel, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I hard killed XBMC

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=126252

Thanks for looking at it

Your live channel is a plugin? USTVNOW?
Does this problem happen with non USTVNOW channels?
Yes, sorry, I choose a bad channel for the log, exact same behavior for my channels 2-11 which are direct HDHomeRun feeds.

Recreated log with HDhomerun live channel which is more appropriate.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=126253
(2014-02-07, 04:20)Indy_star Wrote: Yes, sorry, I choose a bad channel for the log, exact same behavior for my channels 2-11 which are direct HDHomeRun feeds.

I won't bust your chops to bad Big Grin

Log is fine... BUT! I do see red flags that have to do with the for-mentioned way to resolve your problem.

For example: You have script.randomandlastitems installed. In post 3 under "Bugs" you will find:

Code:
BUGS:
Performance Issues with script.randomandlastitem, if you notice PTVL slow downs try uninstalling this service.

The performance issue is that this skin service eats up available threads, leaving almost nothing for PTVL...

Try removing it and rebooting xbmc. Let me know Smile
I removed Aeon Nox and the problem still exists. For local content this art downloader works great, just not Live TV, at least for me.
(2014-02-07, 05:36)Indy_star Wrote: I removed Aeon Nox and the problem still exists. For local content this art downloader works great, just not Live TV, at least for me.

You removed the script.randomandlastitems ?
I think so, I wasn't sure how to directly remove since it comes with Aeon Nox so I first renamed that folder (still didn't work) and then I just removed the entire skin since it comes with the skin.
(2014-02-07, 05:42)Indy_star Wrote: I think so, I wasn't sure how to directly remove since it comes with Aeon Nox so I first renamed that folder (still didn't work) and then I just removed the entire skin since it comes with the skin.

This doesn't remove it... you need to physically delete the folder... addon\script.randomandlastitems
Ah ok, I thought rename would work incase I broke something else. I deleted the folder, restarted XBMC and still exactly the same. new log?
(2014-02-07, 05:47)Indy_star Wrote: Ah ok, I thought rename would work incase I broke something else. I deleted the folder, restarted XBMC and still exactly the same. new log?

Nope, no log needed... I don't believe its a bug in my code, I use Dynamic LiveTV... without a hitch. I know the examples I gave you before will correct your problems...

I'll bet almost anything that if you ran xbmc with no plugins except PTVL, it would work fine... You need to narrow down whats causing the problem on your system and fix it... Hope you find it Smile
Ok, I will start clean. This is my test system so I don't mind starting from scratch. Going to start deleting all addon's and reinstall XBMC as suggested and see if I can get it working, I will add one by one until I find the culprit and let you know what it is.
  • 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45