• 189(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-02-07, 18:42)vprasinos Wrote: 2 quick questions:

1. Do I need to erase the USB if I upgrade to the latest build? I have a SQL installation. I'm asking because last time I upgraded the SD card with the latest milhouse files Textures13.db on the USB stick got corrupted somehow, some thumbnails would not show. I had to reformat it to ext4 just to be sure.

You shouldn't need to erase anything before the update. If you do find corruption related to to Textures13.db then you can remove just that file and restart XBMC and it will be created again.

Quote:2. At the same time MyVideos75.db got copied to MyVideos77.db and had 2 identical databases to the server (I don't think this corrupted the USB though). This update will create MyVideos78.db from what I understand so I will have 3 identical databases?

The databases are internally different in terms of structure - hence the change. For your purposes they may appear identical but technically they are not. You can remove the older versions and reclaim the space if you wish - if you ever need to go back to an older version of XBMC they will also (re)created automatically.
(2014-02-07, 18:49)fightnight Wrote: When I wrote my #2813 post, I had 0204 build. It happens too with 0207 build.

Can you confirm if the same problem is there with build 0202b (the build before the WLAN firmware changed)?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/MilhouseVH is down for me at the moment.
Weird.. i downgrade it to 0202b and this happens too.

I don't know what was my previous build before upgrading to 0204.

Now I'm confused :S
(2014-02-07, 19:34)vbaros Wrote: The http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/MilhouseVH is down for me at the moment.

Working here
(2014-02-07, 20:05)Mafarricos Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 19:34)vbaros Wrote: The http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/MilhouseVH is down for me at the moment.

Working here

It started to work here too.
BTW @MilhouseVH I think it is a good idea to clean up this thread and delete all non relevant posts, such as this one.
(2014-02-07, 19:37)fightnight Wrote: Weird.. i downgrade it to 0202b and this happens too.

If you are able to identify the build which introduced the problem, that would be helpful. If WiFi is working fine in Frodo, but misbehaving in Gotham, then knowing that too can be useful.

Maybe a kernel update introduced a WiFi-related problem - the previous kernel (3.13.1) was introduced with build 0201.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hi, guys.

sorry for the newbie question. How can i connect to openelec via putty? I cant do it. Connection refused.

It's because i am using usb pen?

Thanks
Any chance we can have Speedy's optimized Boblightd for Raspberry Pi included or available in OpenELEC? I believe Raspbmc now includes it by default. The current Boblightd makes a 512mb Pi run out of memory and hang after ~45mins.

https://github.com/Speedy1985/boblightd-for-raspberry
starting from release 0201 I am getting some "crackling" sounds when playing videos

It is not a major problem, noise are not particularly loud,

if I revert back to the release from 24th January the noises disappear.

crackling happens only with omxplayer, i tested dvdplayer on the same files (release from 0207) and the files play with no problem.

this is the output from mediainfo on one the effected files:

Code:
mediainfo The.Blacklist.S01E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
General
Unique ID                                : 105333052872808709294817808129210976760 (0x4F3E687705E25C10C32D221E520409F8)
Complete name                            : The.Blacklist.S01E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                                : 723 MiB
Duration                                 : 42mn 41s
Overall bit rate                         : 2 366 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2014-01-28 03:47:02
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v6.5.0 ('Isn't she lovely') built on Oct 19 2013 19:56:40
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.1

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 5 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 1 935 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.088
Stream size                              : 591 MiB (82%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 140 r2377 1ca7bb9
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:2:2 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=20 / lookahead_threads=5 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   : No
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel count                            : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 117 MiB (16%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

let me know if this makes any sense or if you need any further info

Thanks

M
(2014-02-07, 21:18)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 19:37)fightnight Wrote: Weird.. i downgrade it to 0202b and this happens too.

If you are able to identify the build which introduced the problem, that would be helpful. If WiFi is working fine in Frodo, but misbehaving in Gotham, then knowing that too can be useful.

Maybe a kernel update introduced a WiFi-related problem - the previous kernel (3.13.1) was introduced with build 0201.

It seems that the problem is only with some dongles, with me is working fine, I have a rt5370 and WiFi is stable.
(2014-02-07, 23:55)spjonez Wrote: Any chance we can have Speedy's optimized Boblightd for Raspberry Pi included or available in OpenELEC? I believe Raspbmc now includes it by default. The current Boblightd makes a 512mb Pi run out of memory and hang after ~45mins.

https://github.com/Speedy1985/boblightd-for-raspberry

I won't be adding anything unless there is a chance of it being included upstream in XBMC or OpenELEC (which in this case seems unlikely).

Your best bet would be to discuss inclusion with the OpenELEC developers, most likely as an addon - either official or unofficial. I believe Boblightd is already supported as an addon. Open an issue on OpenELEC github requesting that this particular boblightd variant be added as an addon, see what they say. Explain clearly why it's better than the current version, and why fixing the current version isn't an option (I'm guessing that's why the fork exists?)
I'M testing the DVDplayer from build to build and the player get better from build to build, but the player has problem with Buffer and with interlaced movies. The OMXplayer has not this problems. The buffer get low by watching with dvdplayer.
The new build r17666 as I see does include popcornmix's fix [rbp/omxplayer] Never trust pts in avi files . However, I don't think this fix does anything on handling judder in panning camera sequences in packed bitstream files.

All previous gotham builds from milhouse deal with the judder in non packed bitstream videos (avis) quite well (judder-free) but packed bitstream ones now play with even more judder than the official 3.2.4. Raspbmc on the other hand deals with the judder very well in those packed bitstream avis and the movie is almost flawless if interlace is also enabled. It doesn't though on the non packed bitstream (it is like official 3.2.4)

So the situation is this. If I want to see a packed bitstream movie I have to use Raspbmc with interlace on and if I want to see a non packed I use milhouse's builds (interlace does not matter). I know popcornmix is up to something here but until then is there any way to rectify the problem with the current milhouse build?

Finally what I noticed in this new build is that if I create a playlist with "Find items whre" Date added last x months and Order by date, the date is shown in the column before the SD/HD icon. Can this be reverted to the previous behaviour where the imdb rating is used?
(2014-02-08, 00:15)mcarni Wrote: starting from release 0201 I am getting some "crackling" sounds when playing videos

Does "no_hdmi_resample=0" added to config.txt make any difference?
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223