• 190(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-02-08, 07:55)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-07, 23:55)spjonez Wrote: Any chance we can have Speedy's optimized Boblightd for Raspberry Pi included or available in OpenELEC? I believe Raspbmc now includes it by default. The current Boblightd makes a 512mb Pi run out of memory and hang after ~45mins.

https://github.com/Speedy1985/boblightd-for-raspberry

I won't be adding anything unless there is a chance of it being included upstream in XBMC or OpenELEC (which in this case seems unlikely).

Your best bet would be to discuss inclusion with the OpenELEC developers, most likely as an addon - either official or unofficial. I believe Boblightd is already supported as an addon. Open an issue on OpenELEC github requesting that this particular boblightd variant be added as an addon, see what they say. Explain clearly why it's better than the current version, and why fixing the current version isn't an option (I'm guessing that's why the fork exists?)
Ok thanks will do. I've heard about another an addon called Hyperion I'm going to try out today. I'm new to Boblight, I purchased a Lighpack off Kickstarter and the issues I'm experiencing may be because it's so new.
(2014-02-08, 14:01)spjonez Wrote: Ok thanks will do. I've heard about another an addon called Hyperion I'm going to try out today. I'm new to Boblight, I purchased a Lighpack off Kickstarter and the issues I'm experiencing may be because it's so new.

From what I've read Hyperion is massively more efficient than Speedy's Boblight.
Is there any chance to get hifiberry support into this builds.While alsa seems to work i cant use my Hifiberry because of missing kernel modules.
(2014-02-08, 14:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 14:01)spjonez Wrote: Ok thanks will do. I've heard about another an addon called Hyperion I'm going to try out today. I'm new to Boblight, I purchased a Lighpack off Kickstarter and the issues I'm experiencing may be because it's so new.

From what I've read Hyperion is massively more efficient than Speedy's Boblight.
It definitely is. Got it working after some trial and error and the lights update faster and I haven't crashed since. Looks like Hyperion is the way to go!
(2014-02-08, 12:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 00:15)mcarni Wrote: starting from release 0201 I am getting some "crackling" sounds when playing videos

Does "no_hdmi_resample=0" added to config.txt make any difference?

Thanks Popcornmix,

I tested briefly and it seesm that with "no_hdmi_resample=0" crackling sound with omxplayer are gone.

i dind't have time to test full lenght episodes, I will do more tests tonigth...

thanks a lot

M
MySQL connector/Python
Add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies.
Would you like to disable it in your system?

What is thatHuh
(2014-02-07, 15:00)MilhouseVH Wrote: Additional Testing Notes:
[*]Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
    <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".
What am I looking for bugs? I've been playing files all morning testing my Lightpack and haven't noticed any issues. Are there certain file types you'd like tested?
Is LIRC disabled on Gotham builds? I cant manage to make it work.

Thanks
I can't seem to change the resolution to 1080p..the resolution switch is greyed out in the settings somehow although I remember it was working a while ago when I last tried it.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2014-02-09, 00:04)freem@n Wrote: I can't seem to change the resolution to 1080p..the resolution switch is greyed out in the settings somehow although I remember it was working a while ago when I last tried it.

That can happen if Pi powers up with TV turned off. If it can't read the EDID you don't get a list of supported resolutions. Try a reboot (with TV/receiver powered on).
recent MilhouseVH builds works nearly perfect here; (Millhouse+Popcornmix thx 4 that)

Unfortunately DVD Player brings me 4:3 screens in livetv. (dvbviewer), but really can live with omxplayer Big Grin

Is there a way to intergrate pixpair for ps3controler and/or xboxdrv ?
(2014-02-09, 00:04)freem@n Wrote: I can't seem to change the resolution to 1080p..the resolution switch is greyed out in the settings somehow although I remember it was working a while ago when I last tried it.

Working here, so I suspect your settings may be messed up - try a fresh guisettings.xml.

(2014-02-08, 23:59)tfouto Wrote: Is LIRC disabled on Gotham builds? I cant manage to make it work.

Not that I'm aware of.

(2014-02-08, 18:00)vprasinos Wrote: MySQL connector/Python
Add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies.
Would you like to disable it in your system?

What is thatHuh

MySQL Connector/Python is an addon, which I'm presuming (as you don't know what it is) has been installed for you by a skin or other addon as a dependency, and is definitely not installed as standard. The addon appears to require updating, so you'll need to track down the author and get them to publish a new version that specifies the latest Python API version (it's still using xbmc.python 2.0, should now be using 2.1).

There's a version here, maintained by Martijn, but I also found other forks that are no longer maintained so goodness know which version you have installed. Martijns version does appear to be compatible with Gotham, so I'm guessing that isn't the version you have installed. I suspect it would be safe to replace your current version with Martijns version.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
if i make killall lircd, it says no process active...

I'm using Hyperion successfully since a few weeks, now. It's great, taking about 4-5% CPU. I packed the whole thing into an Openelec addon and I'm planning to make it available soon. Just have a look at the Hyperion thread (http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11053).
(2014-02-09, 01:42)michbeck100 Wrote:

I'm using Hyperion successfully since a few weeks, now. It's great, taking about 4-5% CPU. I packed the whole thing into an Openelec addon and I'm planning to make it available soon. Just have a look at the Hyperion thread (http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11053).
Installed it this morning Big Grin

I don't think my config is quite right, it seems like the center is a bit off to the left. I setup my strips in the Andromeda pattern. For settings I used Lightpack, serial from dmesg, clockwise, no led in corners, horizontal 12, vertical 6, bottom gap 6, 1st LED offset -9, h/v depth 5%, 0 for the last three. Do you have a config that's working well? If so can you post or PM it to me?
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223