• 140(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
New BIOS update online!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...dType=BIOS

- Updated fan speed control module
- Fixed issue that prevented booting and installing some operating systems, such as SteamOS*.
- Fixed issue where Hard Disk Drive Password length did not match the specification.
- Fixed issue where system hangs if certain USB thumb drives are connected.
- Updated Integrated Graphics:
Option ROM: Build 2179 PC 14.34
UEFI Driver: 5.0.1036
- Updated Visual BIOS strings
Memory Information
Bank Locator modified to “Channel A/B slot 0”
Intel Dynamic Power Technology If enabled, BIOS will report ACPI C2 State (mapped to processor C 7 state).
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Rel Notes - http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23607/en...eNotes.pdf

Quote:BIOS Version 0024 - WYLPT10H.86A.0024.2014.0210.1909
About This Release:
Date: February 10, 2014
ME Firmware: 9.5.13.1706
Integrated Graphics
Option ROM: Build 2179 PC 14.34
UEFI Driver: 5.0.1036
LAN Option ROM: v1543 PXE 2.1 Build 092
SATA RAID Option ROM: 12.7.0.1936
EFI driver (GOP): 5.0.1036
Visual BIOS: 2.1.5

New Fixes/Features:
- Updated fan speed control module.
- Fixed issue that prevented booting and installing some operating
systems, such as SteamOS*.
- Fixed issue where Hard Disk Drive Password length did not match
the specification.
- Fixed issue where system hangs if certain USB thumb drives are
connected.
- Updated Integrated Graphics:
o Option ROM: Build 2179 PC 14.34
o UEFI Driver: 5.0.1036
- Updated Visual BIOS strings:
o Memory Information\Bank Locator modified to “Channel A/B
slot 0”
o Intel Dynamic Power Technology\If enabled, BIOS will report
ACPI C2 State (mapped to processor C7 state).
| myHTPC |
(2014-02-11, 22:33)micoba Wrote: New BIOS update online!

Hey! Awesome. Although reading the release notes it doesn't look like they've addressed any of the more pressing issues -- except *possibly* the last item (C2 state reporting). Let's hope that solves the rebooting/sleep issues. I see no mention of the IR receiver bug (the one that requires the autostart.sh workaround).
After flashing FW24 my Nuc won't boot anymore in Windows when usb is setup as primary boot source - although there's no usb pen inserted! I had to set it back, now windows boots again.

Also my USB 3.0 stick still wasn't recognised...

Intel, shame on you!!! Confused

Edit:

Nuc still reboots with OE3.2.4

I'm getting even more impressed, Intel! Sad

Edit 2:

Nuc really won't boot automatically via USB - only manually! ConfusedSadUndecided Can anyone confirm this?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-02-11, 22:52)micoba Wrote: After flashing FW24 my Nuc won't boot anymore in Windows when usb is setup as primary boot source - although there's no usb pen inserted! I had to set it back, now windows boots again.

Also my USB 3.0 stick still wasn't recognised...

Intel, shame on you!!! Confused

Edit:

Nuc still reboots with OE3.2.4

I'm getting even more impressed, Intel! Sad

Edit 2:

Nuc really won't boot automatically via USB - only manually! ConfusedSadUndecided Can anyone confirm this?

Ugh. Sorry to hear, but I'm not at all surprised. I am not at home to try, and frankly will probably wait until I hear from a few others before I flash (the WAF can't risk a broken box).

* Edit: I see you've also posted in the Intel community thread. That's me right above you.
OpenELEC nightlies starting from tomorrow will have an Expert Setting Menu to easily disable Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4 and VC1. VC1 is disabled by default. So now it should be possible to watch "some" VC1 Interlaced blurays without switching vaapi manually off.

Those with artifacts will work brilliant after gotham. As we don't updated ffmpeg in master that late before beta.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-02-11, 23:15)fritsch Wrote: OpenELEC nightlies starting from tomorrow will have an Expert Setting Menu to easily disable Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4 and VC1. VC1 is disabled by default. So now it should be possible to watch "some" VC1 Interlaced blurays without switching vaapi manually off.

Those with artifacts will work brilliant after gotham. As we don't updated ffmpeg in master that late before beta.

Hey fritsch --
What's the release ETA for Gotham? I couldn't seem to find this anywhere.
RM knows ... nobody else.

Edit:
Btw. Don't wait for stable. Use it _right now_ that way it's the only chance to get bugs fixed. Complaining when it's called stable and a certain feature does not work - would be much worse. I think that we tag beta during max next 2 weeks. So things are already quite stable. Now is the time to help testing the core code.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-02-11, 23:24)fritsch Wrote: RM knows ... nobody else.

Edit:
Btw. Don't wait for stable. Use it _right now_ that way it's the only chance to get bugs fixed. Complaining when it's called stable and a certain feature does not work - would be much worse. I think that we tag beta during max next 2 weeks. So things are already quite stable. Now is the time to help testing the core code.

Oh, I'm using it alright and the few issues I have seem to be more hardware than software, but I am a bit intimidated by the testing threads. Some of the posters there are quick to pounce on folks who don't know all the rules (like me), and I'm not sure where to find those rules.
yeah - in doubt ask on IRC and don't take too much on what "some people" might tell. Polite questions (after a minimal google action) are always answered and welcome.
(2014-02-11, 23:31)fritsch Wrote: yeah - in doubt ask on IRC and don't take too much on what "some people" might tell. Polite questions (after a minimal google action) are always answered and welcome.

Thank you!
(2014-02-11, 20:43)-DDD- Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:08)Jorgensen Wrote: No, not necessarily on the NUC. I can always connect like this: http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Late...ess_Client But I still need to install the Crashplan SW on the NUC in the first place. And I am still not convinced that this is possible using OPENElec. And therefore, I was hoping that the black/gray fix was already implemented in XBMCbuntu.
Sorry for going OT.

Thanks. But as long as the black/washed out gray fix is not implemented in XBMCbuntu, I won't install XBMCbuntu.

Crashplan you can only install on OE when there is a Plugin for that or you can compile it by yourselt, but i don't know
how to do that.
XBMCbuntu is outdated, maybe with ubuntu 14.04 it would be updated, but you don't need this, you can go with the link
tatu and i posted and install ubuntu mini with xbmc.

This (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707) isn't xbmcbuntu, this is ubuntu mini with xbmc addon, this is the
right Solution for you Nod

I have been searching through the thread, and I didn't find anywhere that the black/gray levels were fixed but mainly de-interlacing fixes. But I believe you and tatu, so I have just ordered a i3 NUC board and case.

(2014-02-11, 22:14)micoba Wrote: I've considered buying a Tranquil Abel H2 Chassis, but the total prize including the PSU kit for a delivery to Germany would be 150€. C'mon, it's just a C A S E! For that kind of money I can get another bay trail device or a nuc celeron.

Though the competitors cases aren't cheap as well... the Impactics D3NU1-IR-USB-B costs 109€ + delivery! But the design of the Tranquil is MUCH nicer!

My question is, do you think the prizes will be lower in a couple of months? Or is this a special product, that is produced by pure demand? What do you all think?

I had the same dilemma But I know if I did not buy the Tranquil Abel H2 case I would regret immediately Smile

Today I ordered the
-Tranquil Abel H2 case
-i3 NUC board

Tomorrow I will order:
-WD Red WD10JFCX 1 TB (€80)
-Kingston SSDNow mS200 30 GB (€40)
-4GB Crucial RAM (CT51264BF160BJ) (€40)

Any other RAM, HDD, or SSD options I should consider?

Thanks in advance,
Jorgensen
Just got my i5 Haswell NUC yesterday.
Installed latest OpenELEC nightly, and most things are working without much work.
All of my hardware worked right out of the box.
- Samsung EVO mSATA (fast and the regular one has been reliable in other systems)
- GSkill 2x4GB DDR3 1600
- Intel AC7260 WiFi/BT

Took a chance with the Samsung EVO. I hadn't seen it mentioned much, but so far, so good.

I'm having a problem with a m2tech HiFace2 USB to spdif. It is driverless and has worked in other Linux systems, and is listed as working with OpenELEC. Apparently, it doesn't get along with the NUC's hardware. Anybody else get their driverless USB -> spdif adapter working in any OS? I would love to have audiophile quality sound to my DAC.
I still haven't figured out how to get 24p video to my TV, either. Please help!
An attempt to use my Harmony One remote will have to wait for another day.

Thanks to this forum for getting me this far!
I'll be picking up my Intel NUC I3 today/tomorrow - do I need to update the BIOS?
(2014-02-11, 23:51)Jorgensen Wrote: Tomorrow I will order:
-WD Red WD10JFCX 1 TB (€80)
-Kingston SSDNow mS200 30 GB (€40)
-4GB Crucial RAM (CT51264BF160BJ) (€40)

Any other RAM, HDD, or SSD options I should consider?

I would take one (SSD) with Samsung or Marvell Controller, not the SF ones.

(2014-02-12, 04:27)nooryani84 Wrote: I'll be picking up my Intel NUC I3 today/tomorrow - do I need to update the BIOS?

Whats your BIOS Version on the nuc?
| myHTPC |
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7