• 136(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
(2014-02-11, 23:23)fritsch Wrote: Yes. It is possible and it is not hard at all. You only have to compile yourself from source.

Only thing you need to do is "rebase fernetmenta's frodo branch onto xbmc-mainline/frodo" - that's it.

Thank you! I've done some simple compiling software from source before, but I've never done anything like "rebasing fernetmenta's frodo branch onto xbmc-mainline/frodo" before, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to learn! If it's not hard, like you say, I'll look into what's involved and see what I can do. I appreciate your helpful response!
Last one from me for this topic:

Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xvba-dev
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
git clone https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc.git
cd xbmc
git checkout frodo-12.3-xvba
./bootstrap ; ./configure --enable-xvba --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-debug --disable-pulse
make
sudo make install

PS: Start a new thread, you are fully wrong in here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the info!

(2014-02-11, 23:44)fritsch Wrote: PS: Start a new thread, you are fully wrong in here.

I appologize. I was directed to this thread from the old PPA and didn't know where else to ask. Didn't mean to intrude.
Just a quicky:
Today I watched a movie with dts-hd Master audio.
The audio dropped sometimes for a few seconds. The av-receiver blinked and then got the audio again.
There was no steady time between drops in audio, but the last 5-ten minutes they happened quite often. Sometimes there where two skips in 1 minute, then no skips for half an hour.

Xbmclog here: http://paste.debian.net/81518/
@Jan0sh:

Thanks for the log, there is a problem "somewhere". Could you please update to the version from today, there is some more AE debugging included. Also please put xbmc into debug mode, best is via advancedsettings.xml so that you don't have to see the overlay. Then just let the movie run and when finished please post the log.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-02-11, 23:33)mikefreeman Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 23:23)fritsch Wrote: Yes. It is possible and it is not hard at all. You only have to compile yourself from source.

Only thing you need to do is "rebase fernetmenta's frodo branch onto xbmc-mainline/frodo" - that's it.

Thank you! I've done some simple compiling software from source before, but I've never done anything like "rebasing fernetmenta's frodo branch onto xbmc-mainline/frodo" before, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to learn! If it's not hard, like you say, I'll look into what's involved and see what I can do. I appreciate your helpful response!

I'd suggest you to stay with your stuffs and wait for the guys from this forum.
I have an HTPC similar to yours, and I managed to make the minimum makeup in order to get all what I need.
I cannot afford having the HTPC connected to the main TV not to be working for more than a few hours.
If you wish, and have some time, I can tell you what to do.
(2014-02-12, 08:04)fritsch Wrote: @Jan0sh:...then just let the movie run and when finished please post the log.
as requested, here the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=129767

Code:
11:32:52 T:139746504570624   ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(1)) - underrun
11:32:54 T:139746504570624    INFO: CAESinkALSA - ALSA: pcm_hw.c:515:(snd_pcm_hw_delay) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DELAY failed (-32): Broken pipe
?
@Jan0sh:

- deactivate tvheadend
- deactivate webserver
redo the test.

Btw. do you use the upstart script the howto suggests and the permissions concerning Audio priority are correctly set?
(2014-02-12, 19:54)fritsch Wrote: @Jan0sh:

- deactivate tvheadend
- deactivate webserver
redo the test.

Btw. do you use the upstart script the howto suggests and the permissions concerning Audio priority are correctly set?
Yes i do use the provided upstart script, and also have /etc/security/limits.conf adjusted as Howto suggests.
Here is the log with disabled Livetv and webserver:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130093 (the log will vanish in a week)

After nearly an hour of playback without any pskip in audio i skipped to the end of the file (where I previousely had the most often skips), also no problem.
Now enable webserver and retry.
(2014-02-12, 22:42)fritsch Wrote: Now enable webserver and retry.

Reenabled Webserver:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130116
also no skips due playback
Reenabled Webserver AND livetv:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130131
also no skips ?!
its magic Big Grin
(2014-02-13, 08:19)wsnipex Wrote: its magic Big Grin

I will retry this afternoon. Yesterday when the error occured the partition where the files are on was completely full, no free byte left.
I will fill it up again and retest. Strange
I just follow the howto in the first post to install xmbc in my dell laptop, the only different with the howto is that I install the desktop distribution of Ubuntu 13 instead of using the mini.iso (because the mini.iso fail to detect the network card and cannot complete the install). After finished every step in the howto and reboot, I see a corrupted screen at first and a blank screen follow. I restart the system again and the gnome gui console show up as usual and I found xmbc process in the "ps ax" list but no xmbc main screen show up anywhere. Any hints?
You cannot use the upstart script _and_ a desktop login manager.

Btw. I find it funny, if you follow an exact howto to build a house and exchange the basement from cement to sand :-)
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26