• 60(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Can anyone help me with entering the commands and scrips in MusicVisualisation.xml? Not sure where to put them.

I figured I'd have to do that since I always get a failed script error for artist slideshow every time I load up any song.
1.6.x seems to have broken mine! Not working on any of my devices. I get an error message on my iPad but I can't see anything in the log related to it.

Edit: it's started working again. No idea why
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on version 1.6.0 as the latest version seems to be broke. Had to revert back to 1.5.9 which is working fine but with a few features missing.
(2014-02-19, 02:34)pkscuot Wrote: It would be great to see a debug log of the problem album.

Hi sorry here is debug:-http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134426
I thought all was fine but it still throws an error. It is also only pulling artwork for the first song it plays. I use it on the radio addon and it is still showing Faith No More from 7 hours ago.
pkscuot:

Hi, I'm trying to get AS working on a Raspberry Pi Model B running raspBMC and the Amber skin. I enabled AS in Amber by going to settings>advanced. However, when I play a song and enter the player, I only see the OpenGL Spectrum visualization on a black background, then after a few seconds get a Error.script failed.artistslideshow at the top.

I dug thru this thread, and in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1532338 , I saw that it was mentioned to click a gear icon in the music player and select fanart to potentially fix this problem on raspBMC. I am unable to find this gear icon in the player. I dont have a usb mouse; I use my android phone to control raspBMC and the only setting I can get to pop up is an empty box that says visualization presets. As a result, I couldn't finish the steps as outlined, but I did everything else. Is my error happening because of the Amber skin not being configured correctly on raspBMC, or because of your recent update? I'd appreciate any guidance or a link to point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much, this is a great add-on and should seriously be built into XBMC by default! If playing music didn't look so awful by default, I feel like waaaay more people would use XBMC to stream music to their home theaters.
Does anyone else have an issue with the fanart sticking with an artist after you manually jump to the next song, while in music visualization? In other words, I skip songs, yet the fanart indefinitely remains with the previous artist. Even if I escape to the main menu, then go back to visualization. XBMC Gotham beta11.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I'd like to know is this is hard coded somewhere or if it's possible to change the pictures for the following: Ended, Returning, IMDB ratings etc. I'd like to use my own pictures (in french) but I don't know how to do that or where to start from. Could somebody guide me a little bit?

(2014-02-20, 04:39)curtis-r Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with the fanart sticking with an artist after you manually jump to the next song, while in music visualization? In other words, I skip songs, yet the fanart indefinitely remains with the previous artist. Even if I escape to the main menu, then go back to visualization. XBMC Gotham beta11.

If your using 1.6.1.1 then yes I did. Had roll back to an older version until it's fixed. Only problem it wants to update me all the time, so had to temporally disable that feature for now.
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

Fixes a problem where a timeout from a remote server causes a crash (see this bug in requests).

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

For those looking for a 1.6.x version that works, this is the best one to use.

(2014-02-20, 04:39)curtis-r Wrote: Does anyone else have an issue with the fanart sticking with an artist after you manually jump to the next song, while in music visualization? In other words, I skip songs, yet the fanart indefinitely remains with the previous artist. Even if I escape to the main menu, then go back to visualization. XBMC Gotham beta11.

I have yet to do any testing on Gotham as, to my knowledge, it has not yet reached beta (although I see you have indicated you are running beta 11). I would be happy to look at a debug log to see if anything jumps out, but I'm not seeing that behavior on 1.6.1.1 or later on Frodo.
(2014-02-20, 04:51)LEDFan Wrote: I'd like to know is this is hard coded somewhere or if it's possible to change the pictures for the following: Ended, Returning, IMDB ratings etc. I'd like to use my own pictures (in french) but I don't know how to do that or where to start from. Could somebody guide me a little bit?

That's actually meant for TV show next aired script but you fomd that on media/tvguide on your Aeon nox skin
thanks pkscout...

I tried a lidle bit with radio addon and it works for me...
So it seems all problems solved...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
I have tried a number of different versions here are the results for me -
Ver. 1.5.9 works fine
Ver. 1.6.0 works fine
Even ver. 1.6.1 works fine until I reboot then it crashes. But for me versions 1.6.1.1 and 1.6.1.2 hardly find any information, if I run these it hardly finds artist info. But if I change back to any of the first three, it will.
Any suggestions? The last 2 run fine if they try to show artist that have already been put into cache.
Same problem here. It suddenly stops working, showing only back screen when playing music.

Having the same problem since yesterday. Aparently the update from 17/02/2014: 1.6.1 is not working properly.
This morning I was even getting an error message everytime a song was changed.

Had to revert back to: 1.6.0 and it seems to working OK now...

Please fix this last update. XBMC has the annoying idea of updating all my addons, including this one...

Thanks
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5