• 149(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-02-19, 14:39)Aquila Wrote: Thx Crssi,

i already tried this version but nothing changed.

I have to try the Batterie Cable Workaround, Many people were successfull with that.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626932
thx i´ll give it a try
I'm recieving an D54250WYKH tomorrow, and have a question regarding which media is the easiest to get both video and audio through?
I have a TV and a reciever, and want to be able to send the sound for the reciever to decode (DD/DTS).
Does it matter if I use the mini DP och mini HDMI port for that?

Option 1
NUC -> TV: mini-DP -> HDMI
NUC -> Reciever: mini-HDMI -> HDMI

Option 2
NUC -> TV: mini-HDMI -> HDMI
NUC -> Reciever: mini-DP -> HDMI

Thankful for your input!
I would have to believe any SATA compatible drive should work

But here are lists of both Intel-Tested and Customer-Reported peripherals (neither are exclusive lists of course - but at least a reference for those that have been successfully utilized before.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034605.htm

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboard...034601.htm

Here is a summarized except from those links wrt just the mSATA storage drives.

(2014-02-19, 19:51)e_kjellgren Wrote: I'm recieving an D54250WYKH tomorrow, and have a question regarding which media is the easiest to get both video and audio through?
I have a TV and a reciever, and want to be able to send the sound for the reciever to decode (DD/DTS).

Option 1

Option 2

Thankful for your input!

If I understand you correct, you want to use both the mHDMI and mDP at the same time. Personally, I would connect the NUC to the AVR via a mHDMI-HDMI cable. And then a HDMI cable between the AVR and the TV.
(2014-02-19, 22:13)Jorgensen Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 19:51)e_kjellgren Wrote: I'm recieving an D54250WYKH tomorrow, and have a question regarding which media is the easiest to get both video and audio through?

Option 1

Option 2

Thankful for your input!

If I understand you correct, you want to use both the mHDMI and mDP at the same time. Personally, I would connect the NUC to the AVR via a mHDMI-HDMI cable. And then a HDMI cable between the AVR and the TV.

Well, the AVR is feeding my PC-screen and projector so I need another cable to the TV.
So you want to feed three screens from one NUC? A Monitor, the TV and a projector?

Why?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here's a guide how to increase the i5 GPU (not CPU; not for the i3) power by 33%:

http://www.legitreviews.com/how-to-get-m...nuc_136218

I don't have time to test it myself. But perhaps one of you is interested!

BTW: Thanks to JasonHoffman from Intel Communities who initially found it.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-02-19, 23:37)nickr Wrote: So you want to feed three screens from one NUC? A Monitor, the TV and a projector?

Why?

I will be in a similar position when my NUC arrives - My avr can't read a 3d video signal but my TV can, so I'd like to send the video signal straight to the TV and the audio to my avr..I posted on the last page enquiring if this would be possible but haven't had a reply yet.

Is it possible to use both the mini HDMI and display port at the same time and if so, is there a preference as to which signal to send through each output?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.
(2014-02-20, 01:34)herbie70 Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 23:37)nickr Wrote: So you want to feed three screens from one NUC? A Monitor, the TV and a projector?

Why?

I will be in a similar position when my NUC arrives - My avr can't read a 3d video signal but my TV can, so I'd like to send the video signal straight to the TV and the audio to my avr..I posted on the last page enquiring if this would be possible but haven't had a reply yet.

Is it possible to use both the mini HDMI and display port at the same time and if so, is there a preference as to which signal to send through each output?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.
If the HDMI and the DP each give a separate audio device then what you want to do is possible. You simply point XBMC's audio output at the audio device you want to use.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-02-20, 03:08)nickr Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 01:34)herbie70 Wrote:

Why?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.
If the HDMI and the DP each give a separate audio device then what you want to do is possible. You simply point XBMC's audio output at the audio device you want to use.

This is correct. The NUC will output both at once. It'd be nice if the NUC had optical, as I user a HTIB that doesn't have passthrough, so the HT always has to be on when using XBMC, when sometimes I'd like to just have audio from the TV.

Why?

Today my PC has dual output, to the monitor and projector. It would be nice to have the opportunity to also be able to chose the TV as a possible screen for those days when the projector conditions are not good.
So I thought I'd use the recievers ability to switch between the monitor and the projector.
Should I use the mDP or mHDMI interface for this, or doesn't it matter?
(2014-02-20, 00:04)micoba Wrote: Here's a guide how to increase the i5 GPU (not CPU; not for the i3) power by 33%:

http://www.legitreviews.com/how-to-get-m...nuc_136218

I don't have time to test it myself. But perhaps one of you is interested!

BTW: Thanks to JasonHoffman from Intel Communities who initially found it.

Next time, also warn people that this will make the NUC more than 20 degrees hotter and that those reviewers had to cancel benchmark after very view minutes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Of course it gets hotter. The energy has to flow somewhere! Anyone who tries this should be aware of the risks. That's why I posted the link to the full review and not a short how to. It would be foolish to try this without knowing what you're doing.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Have seen too much in this thread. I don't trust 95% to be able to read 4 pages of text ... so good that the warning has been written here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7