• 188(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-02-20, 10:26)HeLLy187 Wrote: I recently was adding some TV Shows to add some more TV Networks. I get to TBS and I add the first episode "Who gets the last laugh?". Once I get to TBS channel the EPG lags really hard. I eventually get control of it and all it says for what is playing on the channel is TBS Superstation. It does tell you the info of the show in the bottom left corner. So I am 99% sure it is scraped correctly. Not sure if you need a log for this or not.

Humm, Makes me wonder.
About 2 weeks ago, i accidentally upgrade to Gotham, once I realized it, I downgraded back to 12.3 and could not tell if it was the upgrade the caused the same Lag in the EPG or Gotham upgrade. Adding to the mix, I also used Ember to scrape the entire library since XBMC was not doing a proper scrape even though i had all of the options selected.

My poor EPG performance is very noticeable. The Worst offender if channels like the Movie Trailers,and the BBC World news (at least 20 second delay) where the guide is just a series of dots even though i have set short videos duration to 360 in PTVL. then come the local scraped channels like TBS,

Strangely enough, live channels and radio stations have no delay. I was just going to wait for the the official Gotham release to upgrade both XBMC and PTVL and see if the problem disapeared but now i am not sure.

Luna, What do you think?
@ yalfont If they're internet sources, its your bandwidth
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-02-20, 19:39)Lunatixz Wrote: @ yalfont If they're internet sources, its your bandwidth

Although Time Warner sucks, i am not sure that is the culprit. Never experienced this problem and what would cause the delay with local media?

I will do some test to see.
(2014-02-20, 19:57)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 19:39)Lunatixz Wrote: @ yalfont If they're internet sources, its your bandwidth

Although Time Warner sucks, i am not sure that is the culprit. Never experienced this problem and what would cause the delay with local media?

(2014-02-20, 19:57)ylafont Wrote:

Slow downs can be anything performance related. Either system or bandwidth.
I run ptvl everyday and only noticed a hand few of issues that slow down the menu. All of them were posted previously.
Some known issues that will slow down PTVL:
Since everyone's setup is different its up to you to determine what the problem is...
  • Slow CPU/ Low Ram (Min. Intel CoreDuo/4GB) - Minimum for all features enabled...
    Low bandwidth (local or internet), High network latency!
    Too many channels, or unlimited playlists (playlists pushing over a thousand shows).
    XBMC Skins, Widgets or scripts. (known issues are listed in post 3).

I've also noticed that using to many images in the PTVL skin can slow things down. I'll be removing next.aired feature and won't be using "fanart" and I will go back to "landscape"
Hi,
I use tvdb-tmdb-fanart tv api's for live data.My pltv acts like there is no tmdb api,and can find artwork only for tv shows.
tvdb+fanart tv api's works fine but i can't make tmdb api to work.
Anyone uses it with success?
(2014-02-20, 22:09)tromy Wrote: Hi,
I use tvdb-tmdb-fanart tv api's for live data.My pltv acts like there is no tmdb api,and can find artwork only for tv shows.

I'm still trying to optimize tmdb, it's hit or miss right now...

Hows tvdb working for you?
Lunatixz do you have any idea why my TBS station doesnt scrape the shows and just says the Channel name.
(2014-02-20, 22:27)HeLLy187 Wrote: Lunatixz do you have any idea why my TBS station doesnt scrape the shows and just says the Channel name.

Don't use "TVShows" in playlist only "episodes"
this has been answered a number of times Smile
Thank you Luna, I apologize for being a forum noob and not searching.
(2014-02-20, 22:14)Lunatixz Wrote:

Works great in combination with fanart tv.i can see for all the live tv shows images (landscapes-logos).i would also like posters to be downloaded for default-aurora skins that use poster in the overlay.
(2014-02-20, 23:17)tromy Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 22:14)Lunatixz Wrote:

Works great in combination with fanart tv.i can see for all the live tv shows images (landscapes-logos).i would also like posters to be downloaded for default-aurora skins that use poster in the overlay.

Does default load posters correctly for live TV?
(2014-02-20, 23:21)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 23:17)tromy Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 22:14)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm still trying to optimize tmdb, it's hit or miss right now...

Default doesn't load posters at all,neither aurora.My cache/ artwork folder has only landscapes and logos.
(2014-02-21, 00:09)tromy Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 23:21)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 23:17)tromy Wrote: Works great in combination with fanart tv.i can see for all the live tv shows images (landscapes-logos).i would also like posters to be downloaded for default-aurora skins that use poster in the overlay.

Default doesn't load posters at all,neither aurora.My cache/ artwork folder has only landscapes and logos.
weird, it should... I'll look into it
i can't seem to get youtube playlist to work ??any help
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45