• 1(current)
Release Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on
I'd like to announce a new Spotify add-on called Spotlight. Comparing to another great plugin called spotimc, this one is more lightweight and based on native XBMC lists and may be controlled by mobile applications like Yatse.

Here's the add-on website where you will find installation instructions, screenshots and downloads:

Download and how to install:
https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight

It's still fresh thing so please be understanding if you encounter any issues. It works on Frodo (Windows and Linux). It uses libspotify and pyspotify-ctypes and pyspotify-ctypes-proxy projects.

A few pics (more screenshots on website):

Searching:

Playback:

Playback:

Context menu options:

Browsing album:

Tell me what you think, please. Also let me know if there are any other things you would like to see in Spotlight.

Regards,
Dariusz
This looks really promising, I tried to install it to my machine running OpenElec, after adding my username/password settings i get connection error Errrno 111 Cnnnection Refused. This is my log file http://pastebin.com/V9qxdpJK

My spotify account is linked to my facebook, so I use a "Your device username is: 1199808982" to access other apps and devices with my spotify account. Im not sure if this could be an issue?
I also gets an error "10061 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it", but I am on Gotham so i guess thats the problem. If I understand your initial post correctly its only works on Frodo, right? However its really looks promising, keep up the good work!
I have this working on OE Gotham. Just reported issue #2 on the issue tracker but after resetting my settings it is working.
So try to fiddle a bit with the settings and rebooting a couple of times, it should work!

This is awesome by the way, although I love SpotiMC I am now able to use the native XBMC interface which means a lot more consistency in the looks.

GREAT WORK!
I got the "61 No connection"-error on my 64-bit OSX. I saw in the libloader.py file that 64-bit is not included. I just copied the line for x86 so that it is used by the 64-bit architecture as well, and to my surprise it worked! So, this is what I changed:

Code:
    DLL_DIRS = {
                (Platform.LINUX, Architecture.X86) : ["resources/dlls/linux/x86"],
                (Platform.LINUX, Architecture.X86_64) : ["resources/dlls/linux/x86_64"],
                (Platform.LINUX, Architecture.ARMV6) : ["resources/dlls/linux/armv6hf",
                                                    "resources/dlls/linux/armv6"],
                (Platform.WINDOWS, Architecture.X86) : ["resources/dlls/windows/x86"],
                (Platform.OSX, Architecture.X86) : ["resources/dlls/osx"]

}

was changed into:

Code:
    DLL_DIRS = {
                (Platform.LINUX, Architecture.X86) : ["resources/dlls/linux/x86"],
                (Platform.LINUX, Architecture.X86_64) : ["resources/dlls/linux/x86_64"],
                (Platform.LINUX, Architecture.ARMV6) : ["resources/dlls/linux/armv6hf",
                                                    "resources/dlls/linux/armv6"],
                (Platform.WINDOWS, Architecture.X86) : ["resources/dlls/windows/x86"],
                (Platform.OSX, Architecture.X86) : ["resources/dlls/osx"],
                (Platform.OSX, Architecture.X86_64) : ["resources/dlls/osx"]
                }

I have no idea if there's a smarter way to fix it though...
Ok, I found another issue. The addon cause XBMC to crash when using non-ascii characters in the search function, e.g. å, ä, ö.
Thanks for your feedback, it will help to make this add-on more stable on various platforms.

Most of those issues are already reported and I will be working on solving them. I did test on Frodo and Windows/Linux platforms only, indeed. It seems that Gothan reports OS/platform a little bit differently.

Thx,
Re

Dec64,

For accounts linked to Facebook for username I always use my e-mail.
I fixed most of the problems reported recently. A new patch release is ready to be downloaded.

Changelog:

1.0.1b1:

- Issue #4 Fixed machine check to make it work on Gotham and AMD64 and possibly OSX64
- Issue #3 Fixed search for using international characters
- Issue #3 Fixed empty playlists when names contain special or international characters
- Issue #2 Fixed bitrate settings crashing server

Thx,
Re
Nice work. I am surprised this plugin is not yet the most popular Spotify addon! Smile
Forgot to say: Great work!

As I said previously, it now works on my MacBook Pro 64-bit. However, I tried to run it on my Boxee Box, which with a hack can run XBMC nicely, but it doesn't work.
It starts, but I can't search or browse playlists or anything. I'm at work now, and I can't remember the exact error message. Is the addon programmed to work on
machines with the Boxee Box hardware? Here is a summary of the hardware:

http://www.boxeeboxwiki.org/hardware

It would be great if it could run, because I have tried the SpotiMC addon and it can't even start, even though I have followed every tip I can find. I also tried to run XSqueeze, so that I could run Spotify via Squeezebox, but that doesn't work either.

I really miss having access to Spotify, all other plugins I need work.

I run XBMC Gotham on the Boxee Box.
Great work! This must be the best and most integrated Spotify plugin. Smile
Is it possible to add Browse and Discover?
Works great here.Thanks

Rpi/OE/Gotham
(2014-02-27, 13:48)arcticspace Wrote: It would be great if it could run, because I have tried the SpotiMC addon and it can't even start, even though I have followed every tip I can find. I also tried to run XSqueeze, so that I could run Spotify via Squeezebox, but that doesn't work either.

[...]

Boxee Box runs Linux, but due to some strange reason Python's platform detection routines won't identify it as such. The issue is on the underlying pyspotify-ctypes lib which fails to initialize due to this issue.

In order to fix this and make both Spotlight and Spotimc work on the Boxee Box, more environment information is needed about this platform. The following addon will print to the log file all the required (non sensitive) information to make the appropiate fixes:
https://github.com/mazkolain/script.sysi...master.zip
(2014-02-28, 14:23)mazkolain Wrote:
(2014-02-27, 13:48)arcticspace Wrote: It would be great if it could run, because I have tried the SpotiMC addon and it can't even start, even though I have followed every tip I can find. I also tried to run XSqueeze, so that I could run Spotify via Squeezebox, but that doesn't work either.

[...]

Boxee Box runs Linux, but due to some strange reason Python's platform detection routines won't identify it as such. The issue is on the underlying pyspotify-ctypes lib which fails to initialize due to this issue.

In order to fix this and make both Spotlight and Spotimc work on the Boxee Box, more environment information is needed about this platform. The following addon will print to the log file all the required (non sensitive) information to make the appropiate fixes:
https://github.com/mazkolain/script.sysi...master.zip

Ok, thanks! I'll run that script and return with the details.
For Browse and Discover I don't see any libspotify support in API. Perhaps mazkolain will know if there is any hack to do this (for example via special search query?). These options seem to be implemented as Spotify apps.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on2