• 9(current)
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
OK. Here is a new log : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42794

I'm no expert at reading these things, but I did see the deprecated sha error in there still.
(2013-08-06, 14:52)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. Here is a new log : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42794

I'm no expert at reading these things, but I did see the deprecated sha error in there still.

I think I waited to long to view this log because it's gone. Sorry about that. Could you post a link to the XBMC .apk you are using. I'd like to test this with the same version of XBMC you are using, so I can duplicate the error on my end.
I had troubles logging in on picasa, so only public maps were available.

Finally I found it was a problem with my google account. I make use of the 2step verification.

- Login google account
- Security
- 2step verification, where you can follow the link 'manage your application specific passwords'
- 'Generate password'
- XBMC picasa add-on -> fill in the generated password
Hi guys,

I'm running xbmc 12.2 on raspbmc.
I see here picasa addon Version 0.9.3 while the one I downloaded from xbmc is v0.8.8.
How could I get last version ?

Now, my stupid newbie question ;-)
I don't want to share my photos nor put them on web, just want local use.
I would like to browse my photos using the face recognition of picasa.

Is it possible ?
If yes, I guess I need to install picasa on XP to create the database and tag.
Then I guess it should be possible to use it from xbmc running on my raspberry ?
How could I do that ?

Rgds,
Laurent.
(2013-11-21, 18:53)ljaxor Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm running xbmc 12.2 on raspbmc.
I see here picasa addon Version 0.9.3 while the one I downloaded from xbmc is v0.8.8.
How could I get last version ?

Now, my stupid newbie question ;-)
I don't want to share my photos nor put them on web, just want local use.
I would like to browse my photos using the face recognition of picasa.

Is it possible ?
If yes, I guess I need to install picasa on XP to create the database and tag.
Then I guess it should be possible to use it from xbmc running on my raspberry ?
How could I do that ?

Rgds,
Laurent.

This addon only accesses PicasaWeb. You can only use it to view images you have uploaded to the online site.
OK, thanks for the info.

You broke my dream ;-)
Version 0.9.7

Changes (0.9.5 - 0.9.7):
- Now removes newlines from image titles
- Change some error handling for better diagnostics
- Added Crypto library to hopefully fix errors

On my REPO.

This works on the official XBMC Ouya release. I was able to duplicate dkplayaclub's error and fix it.
Version 1.0.0

Changes:
- Changes to addon.xml for Gotham
- Convert language strings.xml files to strings.po

On the official XBMC repo.
I submitted a fix for not being able to go to the next page on albums. I'll update here when it's accepted into the official repository.
If you have 2-step verification turned on for google, this is how you will need to authorize the app.

Go to: https://www.google.com/settings/security
Find 'App passwords' and click 'Settings'
Follow the instructions to get an application specific password
Enter the 16-digit password in the settings for PicasaWeb on XBMC

The current method this addon uses for authentication is deprecated and will probably be removed in a few months. When I get around to it, I'll implement the new OAuth 2.0 authentication which will require entering a code into a browser.
Hi there,

I use the PicasaWeb plugin as well and found some issues.

1. When connecting to Google-Account for the first time, PicasaWeb reads all album-data. I cleared some albums later (online / Google) but PicasaWeb still shows them (with 0 pictures in it)
2. It would be nice to switch pictures by pressing the "DirectionLeft/-Right" Button on the CEC-Remote
3. If I put a caption to a picture, this picture will be named like the caption. I use this caption to write some comments to a picture, so (for me) it doesn't make sense, if the picture is name linke the caption in PicasaWeb.

Is there a way to "reset" the previously loaded albums in PicasaWeb?

Sincerly

TanteFinn
(2014-02-14, 22:15)TanteFinn Wrote: Hi there,

I use the PicasaWeb plugin as well and found some issues.

1. When connecting to Google-Account for the first time, PicasaWeb reads all album-data. I cleared some albums later (online / Google) but PicasaWeb still shows them (with 0 pictures in it)
2. It would be nice to switch pictures by pressing the "DirectionLeft/-Right" Button on the CEC-Remote
3. If I put a caption to a picture, this picture will be named like the caption. I use this caption to write some comments to a picture, so (for me) it doesn't make sense, if the picture is name linke the caption in PicasaWeb.

Is there a way to "reset" the previously loaded albums in PicasaWeb?

Sincerly

TanteFinn

1. The addon doesn't cache any albums, all albums it shows are ones that the PicasaWeb site reports as being there. So this would be an issue with the site, not the addon. It may be that they are cached on the site and will eventually disappear on their own.
2. The addon only provides the images to XBMC. Viewing the pictures is then handled by the XBMC interface. If you start a slideshow, you should be able to go left/right through the slideshow.
3. Maybe I could add a settings option to allow choosing between showing filenames and captions for display.
Hello,
Since yesterday I have some issue with the plugin. Whatever I pick it gave me: Script Failed to load.
Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/1bv9PrG7
(2014-03-01, 19:09)venelinn Wrote: Hello,
Since yesterday I have some issue with the plugin. Whatever I pick it gave me: Script Failed to load.
Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/1bv9PrG7

I just got home from vacation. I get the same error. I'm looking into it.
I've found the issue and have started fixing it. I have to change the whole authorization structure and it breaks the API I'm using so there's a bunch to do. The new authorization will involve entering an 8 character key into a browser. I've got about half of it done. Hopefully I'll have it ready by tomorrow.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon4