• 218(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Can you add into new builds this tvh.pvr addons https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons. Tnx
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0304 is unusable when i try to watch video hdmi port shutdown itself, and tv display no signal and then i press stop button on remote and image get back again, i thing that problem is
Support for "Virtual" Suspend Mode
Have you enabled suspend on idle in settings?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Works fine here. Timer and manual suspend/wake up. Playback too, works fine.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-03-05, 11:31)aleks20 Wrote: Can you add into new builds this tvh.pvr addons https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons. Tnx

Unlikely. That's a fork of the official PVR addon, and if there's a specific commit you want in the OpenELEC PVR addon, your best bet is to see it accepted upstream in Opdenkamps official PVR addon. This way, everyone benefits and you'll receive continued support when I stop creating builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-05, 13:11)Doktor-X Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0304 is unusable when i try to watch video hdmi port shutdown itself, and tv display no signal and then i press stop button on remote and image get back again, i thing that problem is
Support for "Virtual" Suspend Mode

You mean the HDMI shut down while you were playing a video? What are your shutdown timer settings? I haven't been able to reproduce.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
In last 2 Releases i have the problem that SD-LiveTV is constantly buffering while watching. Im using the VNSI-VDR-Addon. I will try to go back to see when it is working again.
Same here with Tvheadend client
(2014-03-05, 03:01)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 02:29)nickshe89 Wrote: MilhouseVH

you stop doing gotham builds ??

I'll be continuing with Gotham builds, though not entirely sure if they'll be from master, so 14.0-alpha (technically this is Gotham+1, I think), or some sort of Gotham back-ports. For how long I keep doing this, I've no idea - it certainly won't be forever!
What about building from the gotham branch? Also, does Gotham going to beta mean that no further newclock3 PRs will be adopted (i.e. anything adopted will go to 14-alpha)?
Quoting popcornmix:
Quote:When not using passthough, this has quite a significant performance benefit for me. I can reduce arm clock significantly before a stream starts buffering.
It also starts to make TrueHD audio usable (some TrueHD streams are playing correctly with overclock whereas before it was impossible).

You can get test TrueHD streams here:
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

There is a chance this could cause audio glitches or sync problems, but it's behaving for my test streams.

TrueHD is still problematic. In a standalone test AC3 takes about 17% of the (stock frequency) ARM's CPU. TrueHD takes about 57%, so it's much more expensive.
We've got Ben to look at optimising the codec. It will always be worse than AC3/DTS, but in conjunction with this patch it may become feasible to play TrueHD on an overclocked Pi.

So does this mean we can passthrough or decode TrueHD 5.1 with our Raspberry Pi's soon? That would be awesome! Great job!
in the latest build, on a sdtv it boots but when it gets to the xbmc screen it's just a black screen with my tv's input number on it. i can't see or hear anything. i ssh'd and reverted back to the previous build and it's back to normal.
(2014-03-05, 19:19)allan87 Wrote: What about building from the gotham branch? Also, does Gotham going to beta mean that no further newclock3 PRs will be adopted (i.e. anything adopted will go to 14-alpha)?

I believe master is remaining in feature freeze until Gotham goes final, so until then there will be little difference between master and gotham.
(So I'd suggest Milhouse stays with master).

New features on newclock3 (like omxcodec/dvdplayer) will have to wait until feature freeze is over.
Any bug fixes on newclock3 could get into gotham.

The main one I'd like is to fix is multichannel PCM output from Pi Audio sink (e.g. to allow paplayer to play multichannel FLAC).
But that's not complete on newclock3, so is not ready yet.

I'd like to get the speedup to non-resized jpeg decode in, and the small audio packet improvement, but as they are not bug fixes, they probably won't be accepted.
As on frodo, I expect there will be a gotham_rbp_backports branch that includes some of these improvements, and openelec and raspbmc are free to build from this tree.
(2014-03-05, 19:38)tdn135 Wrote: So does this mean we can passthrough or decode TrueHD 5.1 with our Raspberry Pi's soon? That would be awesome! Great job!

Unfortunately TrueHD passthrough is not possible from the hardware.
In theory decoding TrueHD 7.1 and outputting as 8 channel PCM could be possible.

I've been able to play some content with TrueHD using latest builds and a high overclock.
Ben Avison is doing some work on optimising the TrueHD codec to try to reduce the amount of overclock required.
However TrueHD is very heavy to decode and will always need overclocking to play well.

Some success reported here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1643434
(2014-03-05, 00:30)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0304

This build contains a possible fix for the bug when entering settings/system/video output and it repeatedly asking if you'd like to keep this resolution (even when nothing has changed).
I'd like to hear if this problem is still present, or if it seems to be fixed.

I've not seen it since this update, but it's always been a bit intermittent.
i noticed this to not happen when using dvdplayer as default
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223