• 47(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Hi @popcornmix

Your small packets patch (74b06ec) introduced a bug for me when using the cmyth pvr addon. While both audio/video play fine with both HD & SD content, the SD streams display repeating buffering messages every ~3 seconds. Oddly, it doesn't happen with 720p content, just the low-def streams. I tried to modify advancedsettings.xml and increase cache settings, but to no avail. For the time being, I've gone back to the 2/28 build which works fine.

The XBMC log shows this repeating:
DEBUG: audio stream stalled. start buffering

xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/7Ea4Cved

(note: I disabled CEC after capturing this log, which didn't make a difference)
(2014-03-03, 09:20)jeroenz Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 22:52)miappa Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 18:20)popcornmix Wrote: Update:
I built latest gotham on x64 linux PC. Played 'Alles is Familie'. Exactly the same behaviour as Pi. Single square displayed. Wouldn't respond to stop. Had to "kill -9" xbmc to recover.
This isn't something I can fix. I suggest to post in a general xbmc forum, or open a trac ticket.

Voyager1 is looking into this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4296

Cool! So entering my ticket for this issue triggered some interest in this issue, although my ticket itself was closed very fast.

I'll try to give the latest build a swirl tonight to test if the issue is 'solved'.
Thanks for pointing this out and incorporating the solution in your test builds...

Indeed I can confirm that the 'Alles is Familie' DVD is not crashing the PI anymore. What we got now is:

- When 'skip to main menu' is enabled (which is apparently the default value nowadays), it jumps right into the main menu. Perfect!

- When 'skip to main menu' is disabled, it still shows the black screen with the blue rectangle in the top-left corner, but after a little while (few secs) it exits into the XBMC menu where you started the movie, and -the cherry on the cake- get a nice brief popup in the bottom-right corner telling you that XBMC couldn't play the DVD Big Grin Not perfect, but totally acceptable...

Thanks to all involved from one happy fellow!
@miappa
Any plans for a new release with the
Quote:Popcornmix has resurrected (and significantly enhanced) PR:2610 which enables a "virtual" suspend mode allowing HDMI power saving to be supported - no further need for rbphdmi if anyone is using that.
from this post

Looking forward to testing this on the rpi (preferably on Raspbmc)

And thanks so much on keeping all of us up to date with Gotham nightly builds.

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2014-03-05, 02:07)doublea Wrote: Hi @popcornmix

Your small packets patch (74b06ec) introduced a bug for me when using the cmyth pvr addon. While both audio/video play fine with both HD & SD content, the SD streams display repeating buffering messages every ~3 seconds. Oddly, it doesn't happen with 720p content, just the low-def streams. I tried to modify advancedsettings.xml and increase cache settings, but to no avail. For the time being, I've gone back to the 2/28 build which works fine.

The XBMC log shows this repeating:
DEBUG: audio stream stalled. start buffering

xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/7Ea4Cved

(note: I disabled CEC after capturing this log, which didn't make a difference)

I too have this issue on SD tv channels on both RaspBMC and Openelec (including most recent Openelec 13Alpha)
(2014-03-03, 12:18)miappa Wrote: @emelar
How do you enable the sound card in these builds?
I actually have no idea so it would be good to know (see post above yours).

Hi Miappa. I turned on "Enable external soundcards" in Raspbmc settings, then selected the S/PDIF output device in System / Settings / System / Audio output. As per the following screenshots.

But that seems at odds with what @popcorn said in this post:

(2014-03-03, 13:30)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 09:59)miappa Wrote: I don´t know much about this to be honest and don´t have anything to test myself, but I don´t think that turning on external sound card in Raspbmc setttings is the correct way to do this on these builds(?).
I thought that you should be able to choose another output in XBMC settings, and turning on the sound card in Raspbmc settings would probably mess things up, but I am not certain about this.
Please correct me if I am wrong anyone.

That sounds right. The external sound card in raspbmc settings will enable the omx alsa component which has never worked fully and will likely break omxplayer.
Leave that switch off in these builds.

If I leave external audio devices off, I'm not sure how I would send output to the USB audio as it doesn't show in the devices list...

Thanks
Martin
@vbat99
Sure, I´ll try to look at this tonight.
I was planning on doing a build earlier but I saw that popcornmix was working on it and didn´t want to make a build before it was ready.

@emelar
Thanks... interesting.
I do not include the Raspbmc OMXAlsa patch when building though, so I thought that enabling external soundcard in Raspbmc settings would try to enable OMXAlsa (which isn´t there) and cause trouble.
But perhaps this enables Alsa no matter what...(?).
(2014-03-05, 09:48)miappa Wrote: @vbat99
Sure, I´ll try to look at this tonight.
I was planning on doing a build earlier but I saw that popcornmix was working on it and didn´t want to make a build before it was ready.

Thank you so much. I'm always looking in on this forum, checking what's new, etc. Greatly appreciate the time and effort you put in, to get us these builds for the raspberry Pi. And popcornmix for getting fixes into the code. Thank you.Big Grin
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 02 + newclock3 commits + additional commits.

Some info:
• NC3: Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode (HDMI power saving) *
• NC3: Skip the resize when not needed when decoding jpegs (memory and speed improvements)
• NC3: + same NC3 commits as before EXCEPT the experimental CEC commit which has been removed.
• Additional/SQLite: Updated SQLite version
• Additional/SQLite: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
• Additional: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
• Additional: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu (updated)

Firmware from 28th of Feb recommended.
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140305-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/uHRwGM --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140305-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140305-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140305-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140305-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.

* Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode
Enable this feature in ’Settings - System - Power Saving’ -> set ’Shutdown function’ to ’ Suspend’.
This will not put the Pi into a ”real” sleep mode, only disable HDMI (until any action from keyboard or remote).

Note:
I did not rebase this build on 14.0-ALPHA or 13.0-BETA (so still 13.0-ALPHA) but it is pretty much the same (+ NC3).
I wonder where to go from here when it comes to test builds… concentrate on Gotham Beta (+ backports and additional commits) or continue with master…?
(2014-03-05, 15:24)miappa Wrote: Note:
I did not rebase this build on 14.0-ALPHA or 13.0-BETA (so still 13.0-ALPHA) but it is pretty much the same (+ NC3).
I wonder where to go from here when it comes to test builds… concentrate on Gotham Beta (+ backports and additional commits) or continue with master…?

I would suggest sticking with master (14.0-ALPHA).
Until Gotham goes final, master is still in feature freeze, so the two trees will probably be identical.

Once Gotham goes final, then that tree will be used for official builds(*).

So test builds will be more useful from master at that point.

(*) There will likely be a gotham_rbp_backports branch with some useful patches from newclock3 that didn't make it into gotham that I imagine official raspmbc and openelec will use.
However this will be a relatively stable tree, with commits cherry-picked perhaps once a month if they have been proved stable on testing branch.

However experimental features, and improvements that rely on other commits from master will be master only (using newclock3 branch).
I vote for Gotham Beta for the added stability!
(2014-03-05, 15:43)popcornmix Wrote: Until Gotham goes final, master is still in feature freeze, so the two trees will probably be identical.

Oh, I did not know that. I thought only Gotham branch would be in feature freeze.
Good to know, will continue to use master then, cheers.

@coolius
You should re-read (or read?) what popcornmix said. Wink
(2014-03-05, 16:06)miappa Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 15:43)popcornmix Wrote: Until Gotham goes final, master is still in feature freeze, so the two trees will probably be identical.

Oh, I did not know that. I thought only Gotham branch would be in feature freeze.
Good to know, will continue to use master then, cheers.

@coolius
You should re-read (or read?) what popcornmix said. Wink

Ah - should've refreshed the page before I posted!
(2014-03-05, 02:07)doublea Wrote: Your small packets patch (74b06ec) introduced a bug for me when using the cmyth pvr addon. While both audio/video play fine with both HD & SD content, the SD streams display repeating buffering messages every ~3 seconds. Oddly, it doesn't happen with 720p content, just the low-def streams. I tried to modify advancedsettings.xml and increase cache settings, but to no avail. For the time being, I've gone back to the 2/28 build which works fine.

I'd be interesting if setting cacheindvdplayer=0 helps:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml
(2014-03-05, 15:24)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 02 + newclock3 commits + additional commits.

Some info:
• NC3: Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode (HDMI power saving) *
• NC3: Skip the resize when not needed when decoding jpegs (memory and speed improvements)
• NC3: + same NC3 commits as before EXCEPT the experimental CEC commit which has been removed.
• Additional/SQLite: Updated SQLite version
• Additional/SQLite: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
• Additional: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
• Additional: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu (updated)

Firmware from 28th of Feb recommended.
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140305-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/uHRwGM --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140305-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140305-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140305-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140305-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.

* Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode
Enable this feature in ’Settings - System - Power Saving’ -> set ’Shutdown function’ to ’ Suspend’.
This will not put the Pi into a ”real” sleep mode, only disable HDMI (until any action from keyboard or remote).

Note:

I can download the build etc. and its visible in the nightly build to install. But when i choose the build to install, rasbmc crashes and the build is gone from the nightly builds.. Whats going wrong? Anyone have a idea?
Working fine here.
That sounds like some sort of corruption or broken setup, don´t really have another explanation.

Edit: Are you really waiting for everything to be finished? So you are not trying to install it before it has been installed completely?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15