• 220(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Good morning from Spain. The same problem as ranem123 here with build #0304 (more or less). Shutdown/Reboot doesn’t work in any skin, maybe it has to do with the new “Virtual" Suspend Mode. I tried to change Shutdown function but it is not in Settings -> System -> Power Saving. Downgrading to #0301 solves the problem.
Thank you for your hard work and for making it available to all of us (I’ve been using xbmc since my old Xbox…)
Regards
Tested #0304

I'm missing HDMI signal after 5-10sec. playback (omxplayer)...
Can't Shutdown or Reboot from menu.

Best regards.
(2014-03-05, 15:45)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 13:11)Doktor-X Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0304 is unusable when i try to watch video hdmi port shutdown itself, and tv display no signal and then i press stop button on remote and image get back again, i thing that problem is
Support for "Virtual" Suspend Mode

You mean the HDMI shut down while you were playing a video? What are your shutdown timer settings? I haven't been able to reproduce.

all is set to off
Have you tested with idle timer set to a few minutes and suspend as shutdown function?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hmm.. I can't Enable the FIQ_FSM patch via cmdline.txt.
Anyone other tryed ?

Here my cmdline.txt (only in one line):
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
How can I set the Shutdown Funcion? It's supposed to be in Settings -> System -> Power Saving but it isn't... Can I set it editing a config file?
(2014-03-06, 14:12)delinend Wrote: Hmm.. I can't Enable the FIQ_FSM patch via cmdline.txt.
Anyone other tryed ?

Works for me:
Code:
# cat /flash/cmdline.txt
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 ssh quiet
Code:
[    1.525382] FIQ FSM acceleration enabled for :
[    1.525382] Non-periodic Split Transactions
[    1.525382] Periodic Split Transactions
[    1.525411] dwc_otg: Microframe scheduler enabled
[    1.526638] dwc_otg: FIQ enabled
[    1.526649] dwc_otg: NAK holdoff enabled
[    1.526656] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled
(2014-03-06, 16:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 14:12)delinend Wrote: Hmm.. I can't Enable the FIQ_FSM patch via cmdline.txt.
Anyone other tryed ?

Works for me:
Code:
# cat /flash/cmdline.txt
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 ssh quiet
Code:
[    1.525382] FIQ FSM acceleration enabled for :
[    1.525382] Non-periodic Split Transactions
[    1.525382] Periodic Split Transactions
[    1.525411] dwc_otg: Microframe scheduler enabled
[    1.526638] dwc_otg: FIQ enabled
[    1.526649] dwc_otg: NAK holdoff enabled
[    1.526656] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled

Thanks Popcornmix.

It looks like, when I place the "ssh quiet" to the last in the line, it works for me :-)

Not working:
Code:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3

Working:
Code:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 ssh quiet
Same here.
Code:
Code:
dmesg | grep FSM
[    1.648804] FIQ FSM acceleration enabled for :
[    1.650983] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled

I also noticed that openelec seems to be moving ahead with this in openelec 4.0, according to this commit.
It will be enabled by default in the next build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Recently I added:
Code:
<destroywindowcontrols>false</destroywindowcontrols>

to my advancedsettings.xml . Ever since the Dutch video addon I'm using, locks up xbmc when I try to exit it. Seems to be an RPi only problem, Linux working fine here. Anyone seen this before/understands what's going on?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
(2014-03-06, 17:12)arnova Wrote: Recently I added:
Code:
<destroywindowcontrols>false</destroywindowcontrols>

to my advancedsettings.xml . Ever since the Dutch video addon I'm using, locks up xbmc when I try to exit it. Seems to be an RPi only problem, Linux working fine here. Anyone seen this before/understands what's going on?

Do you get much performance benefit from disabling destroywindowcontrols? Have you measured the memory cost?
Can you attach gdb and look at the backtraces after the lockup?
Does the addon always lockup? Do you have to have played a video, or does just opening/closing it cause the problem?
Any other way of provoking the lockup (without addons)?
(2014-03-06, 17:36)popcornmix Wrote: [quote='arnova' pid='1645052' dateline='1394118741']
Do you get much performance benefit from disabling destroywindowcontrols? Have you measured the memory cost?
I had the idea the GUI response was a little better, not sure though could be placebo effect ofc ;-) I didn't measure the memory cost (yet).

(2014-03-06, 17:12)arnova Wrote: Can you attach gdb and look at the backtraces after the lockup?
Will try. Does OpenElec come with gdb? Will have a look then as soon as I have the time (probably this weekend)

(2014-03-06, 17:12)arnova Wrote: Does the addon always lockup? Do you have to have played a video, or does just opening/closing it cause the problem?
Yes, it always locks up. Simply opening it, and closing it again without playing any video locks xbmc up (when eg. pressing menu or back). The addon window closes and after that the Confluence background appears as it would between closing the addon window and showing the main window, but there it gets stuck.

(2014-03-06, 17:12)arnova Wrote: Any other way of provoking the lockup (without addons)?
Not that I'm aware of. I've used it for a while and the video addon was the only thing that got stuck. It took me some time to figure out this was the cause.
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
(2014-03-06, 18:47)arnova Wrote: Will try. Does OpenElec come with gdb? Will have a look then as soon as I have the time (probably this weekend)

Yes, openelec ships with gdb (and gdbserver).
Hello. I've just received my VC-1 codec and it doesn't work with wmv3 files (yes, vcgencmd codec_enabled WVC1 says it's enabled; now I know there is a problem with them :-) ) Wich of your builds includes the modifications to see this kind of files? Dvdplayer plays sound, no video; omxplayer any of them.
Thanks
  • 220(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223