• 145(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2014-02-18, 13:56)Vlaves Wrote: Ok, so I guess it is not so easy for XBMC3C. But for PleXBMC, why 2 rows are needed on shelf?

So nothing to do at the other places or maybe just one thing. Could it be possible to use the Season poster ind the Episode List instead of the thumb of the Episode? If those two option would be in the skin that would already be great Smile

To present both Recent and OnDeck items. Furthermore, I have 10 or so sections on server and I wouldn't like them mixed up in submenus (current implementation in Hippojay's version of Quartz) or shelf content mixed up on shelf. Thus, different home layout is needed.

You can already use show posters with build-it recently added or season posters with skin.widgets in current version of Quartz.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi pecinko,

thanks for the great skin!

Is it possible to have a DialogAccessPoints.xml added to the skin so that it displays the network access points under Settings --> Services --> Internet Access - much like the Linux Confluence skin so that XBMC Linux users on dedicated media boxes such as the Pivos etc can use this skin to change the network settings?

This is the Pivos Linux version: https://github.com/Pivosgroup/skin.pivos...Points.xml
I did a copy paste of that file to ...addons/skin.quartz/1080i - and it actually brought up something but it is unreadable as it is obviously not aligned to the quartz skin gui

Thanks Smile
Hi Pecinko,

Just wondering if it's possible to get Quartz to run on the latest nightlies of Gotham?
I've read posts in this thread where people talk about it, but can't seem to find a way to get it installed (dependency check failures).

I've also read a couple of posts which talk about recent commits to Gotham which break the skin.

Quartz looks like a perfect skin for making XBMC family friendly, but I can't run an older version of XBMC as my hardware platform (Intel NUC DN2820FYKH) isn't supported.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
(2014-03-03, 21:30)Bagpuss Wrote: Hi Pecinko,

Just wondering if it's possible to get Quartz to run on the latest nightlies of Gotham?
I've read posts in this thread where people talk about it, but can't seem to find a way to get it installed (dependency check failures).

I've also read a couple of posts which talk about recent commits to Gotham which break the skin.

Quartz looks like a perfect skin for making XBMC family friendly, but I can't run an older version of XBMC as my hardware platform (Intel NUC DN2820FYKH) isn't supported.

Thanks.

I'm running latest nightly for OS X and latest GIT version of Quartz (tested both, Frodo and Gotham branch).
So far it works fine although I cannot assign a favorite shortcut to home screen items.

Favorites are working fine but when I try to select a favorite for an menu item it won't open the favorites window to choose one.
(2014-03-04, 15:45)bigbadrabbit Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 21:30)Bagpuss Wrote: Hi Pecinko,

Thanks.

I'm running latest nightly for OS X and latest GIT version of Quartz (tested both, Frodo and Gotham branch).
So far it works fine although I cannot assign a favorite shortcut to home screen items.

Favorites are working fine but when I try to select a favorite for an menu item it won't open the favorites window to choose one.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried both Frodo and Gotham versions from the GIT, but still get a dependency error.

I'm seeing this in the log:
15:41:40 T:140203653285696 DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fvar%2fmedia%2fLexar%2fquartz-gotham.zip/
15:41:40 T:140203653285696 DEBUG: Addon skin.quartz requires xbmc.gui version 4.0.0 which is not available

Based on these commits:

2013-09-10 xbmc.gui version bump

skins should bump their xbmc.gui version to 5.0.1

4.0.0 > 5.0.0
git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c9ff...a8025833d6
pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3213

5.0.0 > 5.0.1
git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f42b...477ad18d63

I'm assuming that the xbmc.gui version should be 5.0.1 in the skin.

Are you changing the skin in order to get it to install?
Yeah, you have to manually install the skin.
Just copy the the skin folder to XBMC's add-on folder and restart XBMC. Then you should be able to select Quartz from Settings.
(2014-03-04, 17:47)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Yeah, you have to manually install the skin.
Just copy the the skin folder to XBMC's add-on folder and restart XBMC. Then you should be able to select Quartz from Settings.

You beat me to it Big Grin

I was just thinking the same thing myself.
Made a fix to get custom favorites working again.
Modified CustomMenuCustomizer.xml needs to be replaced in 1080i folder.
I just installed Gotham beta 1 on my ATV2, and I use Quartz. Can't say that I feel any difference from Frodo.... Does Quartz take advantage of many new features from Gotham? What changes should I look for in the skin? Are anything new on its way? Appreciate all the hard work put into it by the developer Smile

Edit: I can't seem to get subtitles to work. I don't find the 'Subtitles' category under 'XBMC.org Add-ons'...
The Real Skimshady
At the moment you cannot get subtitles in Quartz (EDIT: in Gotham), until it is updated to work with Gotham. They changed the way to download subtitles in 13, so the only way to get them in Gotham is to temporarly change the skin to default. There you can download the subtitles directly in the onscreen menu on the right.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...e_services
Thanks for answer! Waiting in excitement Big Grin Big Grin
The Real Skimshady
Photo 
Hi, who is using the shortcut function for TV Series in Quartz?
I use this a lot but i have a problem with the layout.
the artwork of the layout is like an movie layout but the selection box is a square box so they do not fit eachother.
check the screenshot..

Anyone know how to fix this?
I do not not use it, but can reproduce the problem. No idea how to fix it though.
(2014-03-04, 20:31)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Made a fix to get custom favorites working again.
Modified CustomMenuCustomizer.xml needs to be replaced in 1080i folder.

I replaced this xml, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas ?

EDIT: Had to install "script.favourites-5.0.2.zip". Due to manual Quartz install this script didn't get installed automatically.
(2014-03-04, 17:49)Bagpuss Wrote:
(2014-03-04, 17:47)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Yeah, you have to manually install the skin.

You beat me to it Big Grin

I was just thinking the same thing myself.

Didn't work for me.. I copied the folder Quartz-master to the add-on folder and restart XBMC, but still I cannot select the skin in the settings menu.

Any other suggestions to install this skin for Gotham?Undecided
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12