• 222(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-06, 21:19)anonimo2001 Wrote: Stream #0.0: Audio: wmav2, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 192 kb/s
Stream #0.1: Video: wmv3 (Main), yuv420p, 1920x1080, 12000 kb/s, 29.97 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc

Can you try Milhouse's latest build.
If this fixes your file then that's useful evidence for getting the fix into Gotham.
Set the numbers of speakers to 2? (you will still get multichannel passthrough)
(2014-03-07, 10:56)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Only thing is the aspect ratio in 3D Movies is wrong. Every Movie in 3D-SBS is in Zoom Mode and streched vertically so that the actors look like Coneheads.

Can you upload a sample? (e.g. 60 seconds and upload to google drive or dropbox).
All my 3d test files seem to be encoded at 16:9 (i.e. they have encoded the black bars) and play fine.
can say build #0307 correct my livetv flashing buffering info. Smile
(see post: 3224)
The instructions with the build say that the buffering is possibly fixed.
(2014-03-07, 16:13)Trickname Wrote: can say build #0307 correct my livetv flashing buffering info. Smile
(see post: 3224)

Same here with Tvheadend
Dolce Sport Live Stream (WMV1) audio is interrupted
(2014-03-07, 17:01)gogu Wrote: Dolce Sport Live Stream (WMV1) audio is interrupted

Am I expected to do anything useful with that bug report?
Is this a new problem - was this working in an earlier build? Is so what was the last build where it worked?
WMV1 is not supported by omxplayer. Are you using dvdplayer?
Can you post a debug log?
(2014-03-07, 13:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 10:56)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Only thing is the aspect ratio in 3D Movies is wrong. Every Movie in 3D-SBS is in Zoom Mode and streched vertically so that the actors look like Coneheads.

Can you upload a sample? (e.g. 60 seconds and upload to google drive or dropbox).
All my 3d test files seem to be encoded at 16:9 (i.e. they have encoded the black bars) and play fine.

Hi Popcornmix,

You have am PM. Sadly only with two pictures, cause my DSL Line in my new Appartement has a terrible upload speed at this time.

Greetz,
J.
Sorry about this question but i dont see the answer anywhere.

What are the big differences between Milhouse builds (Gotham) and Openelec 4.1 beta build ? There is any advantage to use one above other ?

Thanks
(2014-03-07, 17:14)SSC_Jarod Wrote: You have am PM. Sadly only with two pictures, cause my DSL Line in my new Appartement has a terrible upload speed at this time.

The aspect ratio looks correct on your photos (just in one of them there are black bars at top and bottom).
Basically the custom zoom modes shouldn't be used with SBS or TAB movies as it breaks the 3D effect. For that reason omxplayer ignores the zoom modes when playing 3d.

I've checked my 3d files and there are 46 and every one is 16:9 (those that are wide screen encode the black bars in the video).
You can post medinfo for the file, but at the moment I can't see the problem.
(2014-03-07, 17:21)blackfenix Wrote: Sorry about this question but i dont see the answer anywhere.

What are the big differences between Milhouse builds (Gotham) and Openelec 4.1 beta build ? There is any advantage to use one above other ?

Thanks
Milhouse details this extensively in the notes for each build, where he describes how they are different from the masters.
(2014-03-07, 17:27)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 17:21)blackfenix Wrote: Sorry about this question but i dont see the answer anywhere.

Thanks
Milhouse details this extensively in the notes for each build, where he describes how they are different from the masters.

Yes i saw that, but for who like me that is not a Dev or don't know what is for example "newclock3" there is any advantage in terms of performance or in any kind to use his build instead of official one ? I mean there's a huge effort in terms work putting in this builds, there's should any advantage to the final consumer to use this ones, but correct me if i wrong.

Thanks for the reply.
I was dvdplayer http://pastebin.com/k8kR3Fby
(2014-03-07, 17:35)blackfenix Wrote: Yes i saw that, but for who like me that is not a Dev or don't know what is for example "newclock3" there is any advantage in terms of performance or in any kind to use his build instead of official one ? I mean there's a huge effort in terms work putting in this builds, there's should any advantage to the final consumer to use this ones, but correct me if i wrong.

Milhouse builds are test builds for the very latest openelec + xbmc +firmware, plus a number of patches not yet accepted into xbmc (from my newclock3 branch).
A number of these patches are performance improving. There are also new features, like support of dvdplayer, allowing dvd playback with menus, and software codecs.

But, remember they are test builds and they change almost daily. Any particular builds may have new bugs in.
Only run them if you are happy to accept that, and willing to submit detailed bug reports.
(However for core functionality - playing videos from files it tends to be pretty stable. If you use PVR or other addons you may find things break more often).
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223