• 62(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
OK, I managed to fix that problem by bumping up the wait time between pressing the 3D button and the OK button. Seems that 200ms was just far too quick for my TV to accept.

Now, fingers crossed it is working great, thank you for a great script!
Don't thank me it was Jaaps' code i only added a few edits. I'll make that configurable. There is one bug I have left but I have no idea on how to fix it. Ive set it to turn off 3d when stop is pressed which works but it does it on sd movies too any ideas on how to fix?
Hmmm... I guess a flag could be set when the movie started, like "3Dmovieplaying=1", then on stop "if 3Dmovieplaying=1, then press 3d button". I don't know Python or how XBMC implements it, but would that work?
Yeah I thought that but when i tried to implement it it carried on going to 3d for normal movies i'll do some further testing and push my changes when i've figured it out.
Make sure to reset the flag to 0 when all is finished and I don't see why it wouldn't work.
(2014-03-09, 12:57)Tomkun Wrote: Make sure to reset the flag to 0 when all is finished and I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I've added it in and it seems to work now. Can you download the latest code and test it on your system buddy? I've also added some extra config into settings.
(2014-03-09, 16:50)brownbear1984 Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 12:57)Tomkun Wrote: Make sure to reset the flag to 0 when all is finished and I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I've added it in and it seems to work now. Can you download the latest code and test it on your system buddy? I've also added some extra config into settings.

It's working great. Only thing is the format autodetection, which is really flaky. I know that's an issue with the TV though. It's a pity there are not discrete codes for each 3D mode.
(2014-03-10, 14:19)Tomkun Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 16:50)brownbear1984 Wrote:

It's working great. Only thing is the format autodetection, which is really flaky. I know that's an issue with the TV though. It's a pity there are not discrete codes for each 3D mode.

Thanks again for helping me test buddy. I'll start a thread later tonight in the addon section so as to not clog this thread anymore.
Having a scaling issue when playing 3D files H-SBS. Using Openelec Gotham Beta on an AMD APU (E1-2100).

1080p files play fine.
1080p SBS files play fine.

When I play a file that XBMC thinks is 3D it looks terrible (it looks perfect if I just play the file with 3D off).

I see other people have had this problem but there was never a solution.

What is happening is XBMC is scaling half up then scaling it back down to half. (makes sense why it would do that).
This is working but the scaling is terrible. so it comes out all jaggedy.

I treid changing scaling methods and it had no effect.

Any ideas?
Your explanation sounds a bit vague to me, I would guess you got fooled by an overscan setting either in xbmc or the graphics card menu or the TV. If you can turn them all off / to 0.
It happened to me too; I had to invest some time to find out that LG calls no overscanning 'just Scan'. Tongue
(2014-03-14, 22:25)Hasu0bs Wrote: Your explanation sounds a bit vague to me, I would guess you got fooled by an overscan setting either in xbmc or the graphics card menu or the TV. If you can turn them all off / to 0.
It happened to me too; I had to invest some time to find out that LG calls no overscanning 'just Scan'. Tongue

No its nothing to do with scanning (I didn't change but I did check and its 0, projector is in scan only).

If you set xbmc to 2d output on a 3d source with a monitor it still shows the jagged lines. It is definitely doing a terrible job at scaling, It looks the same as the old days when you played a 480p source and didn't have good scaling. Well its actually worse because its only scaling horizontal. Then it must be taking the bas scaling and shrinking it back down to a truly terrible looking pic.
Have you calibrated video inside xbmc - that will screw up 3d.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
can you provide a sample of an affected movie or show us a screenshot? And can you test the same movies on a desktop version of XBMC (maybe it's OpenElec/driver related).
Video 
(2014-03-15, 23:50)nickr Wrote: Have you calibrated video inside xbmc - that will screw up 3d.

Did not calibrate.

Attached are 3 screenshots that illustrate.
1. First is the SBS view of a 3d tagged source. See the extreme jaggedness of the smurfs feet. This is what i get on every 3d movie.
2. Second is the same scene in 3d mode played as 2D. it looks like its scaling then shrinking. the jaggeds are even more apparent
3. Third is the original source without any xbmc processing. notice how the lines are not jagged

I will see if I can install windows on the machine and see i its the same.

What os is this on? Do you have any nonstandard scaling enabled?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11