• 53(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-03-14, 18:18)phate89 Wrote: 2) That if you actually use a custom code. But what i was asking is: the skin can't do automatically what i have to do manually by default (if it is possible)?
When i select a playlist the skin automatically create a 2nd combined playlist pointing to the original(or even a brand new one) that adds a limit of 10 and the sorting and use that playlist to run the widget and the background cases.. Is this possible to do or it is too tricky to implement?
No, thats not possible within skin functionality.

(2014-03-14, 21:37)pngaudioguy Wrote: So, my Media Center updated to Nox 5 when I turned it on this evening. Nox 4 has disappeared from my skin choices. Not sure how that happened, but more importantly, can't figure out how to get Artist Slideshow to run. I like having the pictures it downloads of the artists on screen while my music plays. Do I need to go grab the version of 4.1.9 that's being ported to Gotham, or is Nox 5 going to get Artist Slideshow support? If there are no plans for AS, that's fine - it's the only plug-in I care about, and I'll switch skins to keep it.
I'm pretty sure it didnt update itself to Nox 5 throuh official channels. Artist slidshow is supported by default in visualization. Choose fanart in the music viz settings to enable it.

(2014-03-15, 02:45)Warner306 Wrote: I can live with those decisions; extended info would be nice if implemented correctly. But can you consider adding some type of flags for sets? The lack of movie cases makes them difficult to pick-out in large wall views such as icons.

Also, when choosing "sets" from the videos submenu, all potential movie sets are listed as opposed to only those that have multiple movies. This is a deficiency in all skins I've used that could be improved. In a catalog of 320 movies, for example, I am presented with over 70 movie sets, but only 15 or so have partial or completed sets within that series. The others should be excluded as they are not "sets" of items.

Despite the criticism, having played with other skins, I approve of your artistic intent. In most views, with most media, this skin is superior to all others I've tried.

Thanks.
Yeah, I'd recommend not grouping buy sets in your library for now. I'm searching for a good way to implement sets overlay, but it could take a while.
What you describe for the sets is basically XBMC behavior and not something skinners can change.
(2014-03-15, 05:01)teeedubb Wrote: BigNoid, in preview.9 the music osd option to "Hide fan art in full screen visualisation" hides the full screen vis, not the fanart. With it disabled both vis and fanart are visible.
Yeah, I see. Will be fixed.

(2014-03-15, 12:15)davew_uk Wrote: I've installed Gotham latest nightly (14th March) and Aeon 5 preview 9 and hit a few roadblocks when trying to replicate my Frodo setup. I appreciate this is a work in progress (and some of these points might already have come up and been discussed) but here's my observations so far:-

1. Custom sub-menu items difficult to create

In the old Aeon Nox I have a menu item for Now Playing, with sub menu items "Play DVD" "Eject DVD" "Rip CD" etc. These were really easy to build as Aeon Nox had a quick access to a whole bunch of built-in functions right in the editor. However with the new skin I have to manually set custom menu items by typing in commands.

Is there any chance that either an autocomplete function or a just a drop down list of common commands is coming? otherwise I think I'll go mad setting up all my custom sub menus

2. No Icon view in Pictures any more

I have a main menu item for pictures and another for videos (home movies, clips of the kid etc). I'd love to be able to browse these quickly with thumbnails.

3. No Live CD Cases background any more

I use the Live DVD cases and Live CD cases as backgrounds on the appropriate main menu items in Frodo, I'd love to see this come back

4. No Random Live DVD Cases background any more

I see only options for recent or a playlist. I prefer just simple old Random (and the same goes for Live CD cases above), would be very happy if this is coming back

5. No Small Shift view in Movies any more

Nearly all of the movie view options block out a large proportion of my fan art. On Frodo I used the Shift view, with small cases. This worked brilliantly as I could see at least 66% of the fanart while scrolling through my movies. At the moment I'm using ShowCase but its a poor substitute.

See what I mean :-)
Pictures views will be added in time. CD cases background probably too. You can create any type of dvd cases background you want with the playlist option, including random items.
(2014-03-15, 12:31)davew_uk Wrote: Just noticed this also - in the new skin is there a way to set the default/fallback fan art? in my Album view I can see the default fanart looks to be my movie menu background, not the background I have set for the Music main menu item.

It's the same in Artist view when browsing the thumbs, but if you bring up the artist detail screen and there's no fanart for that artist its just blank:

I am using the old Aeon Nox backgrounds (unchanged) as a Multi-Image background which I have set at main menu item level. In the old Nox it used fallback_music.jpg, has that functionality gone?
Just tested setting a custom folder for music as background and if no fanart is available it shows image from that folder as fallback. So i dont know why that doesnt work for you. Fallback music not working is probably a bug.
(2014-03-15, 14:21)patseguin Wrote: Since there are no cases in view options in 5, is there any way to indicate visually that a movie is 3D? I have smart playlists but it would still be nice if each movie showed if it was 3D or not. Even at the bottom where it shows 1080p, DTS, etc would be fine. Is the only way to add custom art somehow? I've noticed in Confluence that the movies show a 3D logo along with the resolution and studio format.

In list and Tripanel view it should show a 3d flag in the list. For other views it should show in the flags in next version, I forgot to add the flag.
(2014-03-15, 15:11)djhifi Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 18:30)djhifi Wrote: Any reason why the "recent episodes" widget (so, the serice.library.data.provider plugin) on tvshows is only giving me one entry per update? (of course i'm adding more than 1 episode!)
Please update the library provider script. This was fixed last week or so.

I've done so. No results
Then you havent updated correctly. Delete the folder and unzip manually.
Quote:Just tested setting a custom folder for music as background and if no fanart is available it shows image from that folder as fallback. So i dont know why that doesnt work for you. Fallback music not working is probably a bug.

I'm using multi-image, rather than single image. Perhaps that's it?

I checked and there's definitely a fallback_music.jpg file in the backgrounds folder of the skin. It just isn't using it.
(2014-03-15, 15:48)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 21:37)pngaudioguy Wrote: So, my Media Center updated to Nox 5 when I turned it on this evening. Nox 4 has disappeared from my skin choices. Not sure how that happened, but more importantly, can't figure out how to get Artist Slideshow to run. I like having the pictures it downloads of the artists on screen while my music plays. Do I need to go grab the version of 4.1.9 that's being ported to Gotham, or is Nox 5 going to get Artist Slideshow support? If there are no plans for AS, that's fine - it's the only plug-in I care about, and I'll switch skins to keep it.
I'm pretty sure it didnt update itself to Nox 5 throuh official channels. Artist slidshow is supported by default in visualization. Choose fanart in the music viz settings to enable it.

Thanks!. In looking into how it decided to make this my default skin, I realized that what actually happened was that I had installed one of the earlier previews. When they decided to mark the original Nox 4 as incompatible with Gotham, it then no longer let me use it (even though it had been working perfectly fine on my Gotham Alpha 11...) and as a result this became my new skin.

I've updated to preview 9, and will go see if I can get the slideshow working. Knowing where it is should make it pretty simple.

Edit: That works perfectly. Thanks! Strangely, now my track titles are all showing up as % symbols instead of the track when I browse in File mode vs Library mode. Guess it's time to update to the beta and see what else gets fixed. Haha.
Quote:Choose fanart in the music viz settings to enable it.

Not working for me here - what do I need to set in the home/nowplaying settings and music visualisation settings to get artist slideshow working?
Is it me or is there no longer an option to clean the library?
(2014-03-15, 17:29)davew_uk Wrote:
Quote:Choose fanart in the music viz settings to enable it.

Not working for me here - what do I need to set in the home/nowplaying settings and music visualisation settings to get artist slideshow working?

I spoke too soon, it seems. The fanart setting I found wasn't in the visualization - didn't have the option there. I ended up selecting fanart as the "Background" from what used to be called the "Misc. Options" when you pop up the menu while music is playing. It sort of works. It does use the fanart, but only picks one to display for the artist, as opposed to providing a slideshow of sorts.

I can't upgrade my whole system today, as I have to work tomorrow, and expect my wife will want to watch movies or something while I'm gone.
Quote:I spoke too soon, it seems. The fanart setting I found wasn't in the visualization - didn't have the option there. I ended up selecting fanart as the "Background" from what used to be called the "Misc. Options" when you pop up the menu while music is playing. It sort of works. It does use the fanart, but only picks one to display for the artist, as opposed to providing a slideshow of sorts.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm seeing. If I press tab, mouse up to the Visualisation options and choose "fanart" for background, I see just one fanart background for the current artist (static and not moving). This is with fanart set to hide in fullscreen as noted earlier in the thread.

However with the old Aeon Nox on Frodo I used to see artist slideshow as the normal background when music was playing but I wasn't fullscreen. If I went fullscreen, I'd see the visualisation but not the artist slideshow.

I think there is a bug with the artist slideshow script not running as it should run when you are -not- fullscreen and have fullscreen visualisation turned off. If you go fullscreen you should be able to see -either- artist slideshow -or- the fullscreen visualisation if it is on depending on the music visualisation options. There is also clearly a bug with hiding the fanart in fullscreen mode.
I got artist slideshow working. I went into userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow and deleted everything except settings.xml

Upon restart, artist slideshow suddenly started working. In Aeon Nox Gotham it appears when it should (when not fullscreen) and disappears when fullscreen.

In Aeon 5 it only appears when fullscreen and (in the music visualisation options) if background is set to fanart and hide fanart is off.

PS In case it helps anyone - tab toggles between fullscreen and the menus :-)

EDIT - after restarting XBMC it stopped working again. All I get is a single image, grrrrr!
(2014-03-15, 17:50)Deadpool Wrote: Is it me or is there no longer an option to clean the library?

The settings level has to be set to 'Advanced' or better to see the clean library function.
Updated first post with first Beta release. This means at this point nothing big gets added anymore. Please report bugs as you find them, thx Smile
(2014-03-15, 19:47)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 17:50)Deadpool Wrote: Is it me or is there no longer an option to clean the library?

The settings level has to be set to 'Advanced' or better to see the clean library function.

Ah thank you, much appreciated
(2014-03-15, 15:48)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 18:18)phate89 Wrote: 2) That if you actually use a custom code. But what i was asking is: the skin can't do automatically what i have to do manually by default (if it is possible)?
When i select a playlist the skin automatically create a 2nd combined playlist pointing to the original(or even a brand new one) that adds a limit of 10 and the sorting and use that playlist to run the widget and the background cases.. Is this possible to do or it is too tricky to implement?
No, thats not possible within skin functionality.

(2014-03-15, 02:45)Warner306 Wrote: I can live with those decisions; extended info would be nice if implemented correctly. But can you consider adding some type of flags for sets? The lack of movie cases makes them difficult to pick-out in large wall views such as icons.

Also, when choosing "sets" from the videos submenu, all potential movie sets are listed as opposed to only those that have multiple movies. This is a deficiency in all skins I've used that could be improved. In a catalog of 320 movies, for example, I am presented with over 70 movie sets, but only 15 or so have partial or completed sets within that series. The others should be excluded as they are not "sets" of items.

Despite the criticism, having played with other skins, I approve of your artistic intent. In most views, with most media, this skin is superior to all others I've tried.

Thanks.
Yeah, I'd recommend not grouping buy sets in your library for now. I'm searching for a good way to implement sets overlay, but it could take a while.
What you describe for the sets is basically XBMC behavior and not something skinners can change.

For those wishing to remove single entries from sets, the functionality is built-into Gotham.

Bring up the context menu for the movie (not set) and follow the path ContextMenu > Manage > Manage Movie Set > No Set. This is also useful for creating sets from unmatched movies.

(2014-03-15, 21:37)Deadpool Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 19:47)Vaikin Wrote:

Ah thank you, much appreciated

Or you could add a custom submenu action CleanLibrary(video), etc.
Yesss!!! LOgo view, thanks man
I assume some type of custom playlist manager is still in the works?
(2014-03-15, 22:26)Warner306 Wrote: I assume some type of custom playlist manager is still in the works?

What do you mean? and why?

You can use playlists to make widgets and backgrounds right now.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537