• 11(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2014-03-18, 19:56)WayneD Wrote: If you want to wait for that change, you can try it a little later today.
The latest git & zip have the improvement where it should pay attention to the year when finding the show. This presumes that the scraper knows the right year for House of Cards. In fiddling with this, I think that a prior change I made might have gotten you fixed up already, but you probably didn't have that more-recent one in your testing (it does a better job of figuring out if the scraper's ID number was found in the search results and choosing that one if it is there).

I also fixed up the searching to pay attention to the AliasNames field that comes back, which might help with the issue of it not finding some of your shows that 6.0.4 had blindly used before (the code used to snag the first search result w/o checking the names).

(2014-03-18, 20:29)warlion Wrote: also i notice that you add status ID from tvrage but dont understand why do you planning to do both?
I added an api lib for tvrage so I can do some testing. I tested some classification comparisons (before pushing out my recent change there) and am currently testing out some Status improvements (for things like "Final Season") that merges together that status info from both sites. The data could also be used to disambiguate country names for shows (since the current code can get an ambiguity in the mapping of station-name to country-name for certain station names). Not sure yet if I like the extra complexity or not, though. If I do decide to merge the two data sources it would be in a future release, not in 6.0.5 (which I'm trying to get into shape for release now), and the update frequency of tvrage data would be either super rare (if used just for ambiguous country mappings) to kinda rare (if it were used for status improvements).

CALL FOR TESTERS:

If anyone out there can test the latest version and let me know how it works, I'd appreciate it. If you want to get really fancy, rename your next.aired.db and start a fresh scan and see if it finds everything OK (you can move the original back if needed). Let me know if you have any issues.

..wayne..
(2014-03-18, 19:56)WayneD Wrote:
(2014-03-18, 18:30)LEDFan Wrote: However, it seems that it did not change anything for me regarding fetching issues. I don't understand that, I'm sure it's not on my side because I have a really fast and stable Internet connection (50MB). It's probably on TVDB side.
Quite possibly. The log file should mention the ERROR messages from the fetch failures. Not sure if it will be that enlightening, but if you could look for them, I'd appreciate it. Also, try visiting the web site manually and see if you have issues. Perhaps try an API search and a show+episode request too (though we actually request that info in zip format).

I used your latest Git... I did not have time to make lot of tests in the last hours but following your advice, I made this test and I think I found why some of my shows are not updating with your script.

I have the TV Show "24", which in French is "24 Heures Chrono". It exists in French at TVDB under this name when you use the french language there. This is also the title I use in xbmc and it scrapes episodes correctly in French with this name using the TVDB scraper. But it justs hangs with the TV SHow Next Aired script, finding nothing.

But using your example, when I use the API search:
- With the French title: "24 Heures Chrono", http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...res+Chrono it shows no data at all!
- With the English title "24", I get all the info: http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=24
Funny thing is that it works on Show Episode request with the French title: http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/...all/fr.xml
but it doesn't seem to work when using the script.

Also: It behaves differently depending on which version of the script I use:

1- Gotham with your latest Git: Look at first picture, it shows 24 Heures Chrono with nothing for airing dates, etc.

2- Frodo with 6.0.4 version of the script: Look at second picture, it shows 24 Heures Chrono with the correct aired dates, etc. (besides the fact of repeating days for the TV Guide).

So, something is wrong somehere and I think it has to do with the languages and something that was changed in the script for that. I think. Also, I though you talked about using the correct ID for a show. Are you talking about the ID in the NFO file? I do have 76290 for ID (for the TV Show 24 in my NFO file for this show. Where does it take or look for the ID Show exactly to make it correspond to the ID Show at TVDB site?

If you try another example, this time with the TV Show: Game of Thrones:
- With the English title: "Game of Thrones": http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...of+thrones you get results.
- With the French title: "Le Trône De Fer": http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...ône+De+Fer you get no info at all.
It also works on Show Episode request with the French title: http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/...all/fr.xml
but does not return any results with the script.

So, now I'm still scratching my head. I did not include any log files for now since it's obvious that there is a change in the script that brought in this problem or an API change at TVDB, that I cannot say..

Oh, I also wanted to know where does your script takes out the output language it will choose to display the information? Does it base it on the xbmc chosen language? I'm asking because there is no language settings in your script configuration page.
(2014-03-18, 21:34)WayneD Wrote: CALL FOR TESTERS:

If anyone out there can test the latest version and let me know how it works, I'd appreciate it. If you want to get really fancy, rename your next.aired.db and start a fresh scan and see if it finds everything OK (you can move the original back if needed). Let me know if you have any issues.

..wayne..

Just test it I can't find any problem , well yes one minor on the new layout the focus background on group 201 is not showing
(2014-03-19, 00:59)LEDFan Wrote: So, something is wrong somehere and I think it has to do with the languages and something that was changed in the script for that.
That's pretty doubtful, since there's no way 6.0.4 would have initiated the search any better -- it just would have always grabbed the first result (which is returning nothing). I'd imagine that the difference is in your artwork links between the two versions, since the script doesn't have to use search if it can verify the ID via your artwork URLs. i.e. if the json-api TVShow listing from xbmc provides the "imdbnumber" [sic] of 121361 and the script finds an URL in the art links that has thetvdb.com and that same number, it will have verified the number without any searching. I'm guessing that your frodo setup has art links that have the ID numbers in them, and your gotham setup does not. You can verify if this is true or not by looking in the show

Quote:Oh, I also wanted to know where does your script takes out the output language it will choose to display the information? Does it base it on the xbmc chosen language? I'm asking because there is no language settings in your script configuration page.

I was hoping that we didn't need to get a language setting involved, since things are simpler that way. I just discovered that we can get better results for your french search with a "&language=all" setting down in thetvdbapi.py call. For instance: this search. I've done some testing and it seems to work well for english searches too. I've checked-in the change, so lets see how this works for folks.

(2014-03-19, 03:39)warlion Wrote: one minor on the new layout the focus background on group 201 is not showing
That seems to be a bug in xbmc gotham. It happens fairly randomly, and only affects the first item in the list (which is all defined using the same xml). I find that doing something like twiddling the fanart background makes it appear again.

..wayne..
(2014-03-17, 22:10)jenn9376 Wrote: I am running Gotham Beta2 with Aeon Nox Gotham 4.1.9 skin and TV Show Next Aired 6.0.4. [...]
But when I go to the TV Show information all the TV Shows have an "Ended" status:
Hmm, I wonder if that is something that the skin is doing differently than other skins? I'm going to snag that skin and see if I can duplicate the issue. You might try using Aeon MQ5 and see if things are working using that skin, which would help to pinpoint where something is going wrong.

..wayne..
(2014-03-17, 22:10)jenn9376 Wrote: I am running Gotham Beta2 with Aeon Nox Gotham 4.1.9 skin and TV Show Next Aired 6.0.4. [...]
But when I go to the TV Show information all the TV Shows have an "Ended" status:

What skin are you using?
Try also **reset all data** and update the TV information now

Wayne I had a question
On Aeon nix 4 im using a widget for you script
With $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.1.Label)] 2,3,4 etc etc
It works great populate just fine, the question is, how is the order of the items populate? , I get the widget populate alphabetic by title show but not sure if I can change it to order by airtime instead of the title
Wink 
(2014-03-19, 05:36)WayneD Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 00:59)LEDFan Wrote: Oh, I also wanted to know where does your script takes out the output language it will choose to display the information? Does it base it on the xbmc chosen language? I'm asking because there is no language settings in your script configuration page.

I was hoping that we didn't need to get a language setting involved, since things are simpler that way. I just discovered that we can get better results for your french search with a "&language=all" setting down in thetvdbapi.py call. For instance: this search. I've done some testing and it seems to work well for english searches too. I've checked-in the change, so lets see how this works for folks.

Great, thanks Wayne, this latest update on your Git resolved the "24" TV Show fetching update issue for me. I now see the correct information for this show.Blush The only remaining problem for this show is the day that appears twice in the TV Guide. I don't know why because other shows don't have this problem.

However, I still get no aired info for Game of Thrones ("Le trône de fer" in French). I wonder if the "^" accent is causing any problems. This is the only reamining show that causes me problem with. (This is the only one with an accent in the title too). I find it strange because when I try to serach for it in the same way you did for "24", it works at the TVDB site: http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...nguage=all but when I try it within a manual update of the show, it does not update anything.
Great addon! My one issue seems to be that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't show up. I'm wondering if it's caused by the apostrophe in Marvel's or the excessive periods in SHIELD. It's not a huge deal either way, as it's only one show, but I thought I'd let you know. I'm on Gotham Beta 1, using Transparency! as my skin, and using Next Aired version 6.0.4.

Edit: The show isn't on air for a few weeks, but I swear it wasn't showing up last week either! Maybe I'm crazy.

Thanks!
(2014-03-19, 05:48)WayneD Wrote: Hmm, I wonder if that is something that the skin is doing differently than other skins? I'm going to snag that skin and see if I can duplicate the issue. You might try using Aeon MQ5 and see if things are working using that skin, which would help to pinpoint where something is going wrong.

..wayne..

I tried Confluence at first but the result was the same... I will try MQ5 too and let you know. Maybe I need to edit the .xml files of the Aeon Nox Gotham skin (although by default they already have code for the Next Aired add-on)...

EDIT: I tried MQ5 but no luck :/

(2014-03-19, 06:22)warlion Wrote: What skin are you using?
Try also **reset all data** and update the TV information now

I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham (latest update). I tried reset but it didn't solve anything, when I run the add-on the shows update just fine and I can see show status info etc, it's only when I go to the TV shows page that all shows appear ended.
(2014-03-19, 07:10)LEDFan Wrote: However, I still get no aired info for Game of Thrones ("Le trône de fer" in French).
The search routine in thetvdbapi.py wasn't properly encoding utf-8, so I've fixed that and it worked for me in my testing. Hopefully that will get the search routine to be really solid now.

(2014-03-19, 15:23)syxrail Wrote: My one issue seems to be that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't show up.
It's been showing up fine for me and the search routine can find it just fine with or without the apostrophe and the periods. It's not on for the next couple weeks, but you might check the next.aired.db file (a text file with one really long line) and see if the show is mentioned in there. If not, see if anything is mentioned about it in xbmc.log (perhaps with debug logging enabled for a scan).

..wayne..
(2014-03-19, 17:32)WayneD Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 07:10)LEDFan Wrote: However, I still get no aired info for Game of Thrones ("Le trône de fer" in French).
The search routine in thetvdbapi.py wasn't properly encoding utf-8, so I've fixed that and it worked for me in my testing. Hopefully that will get the search routine to be really solid now.
..wayne..

Hi Wayne, I installed and tried your latest git (the one that says: "Tweak get_matching_shows() args a bit more.") and I still get no info for "Le trône de fer" in French on my side. When trying a manual update, I never see this TV Show title displayed in the popup window with the title name of this show (like it does appear for the other TV Shows), it's like it does not recognize the title at all. Here is a part of the log. Look at the title in the first line, is this normal? It looks like the accent "^" is causing problem, no?

PHP Code:
13:54:06 T:2776   DEBUGscript.tv.show.next.aired### params: {'updateshow': 'Le Tr\xc3\xb4ne De Fer'}
13:54:06 T:2776  NOTICEscript.tv.show.next.aired### TV Show - Next Aired starting GUI proc (6.0.5)
13:54:06 T:2776   DEBUGDialogProgress::StartModal called
:54:06 T:2776   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
13:54:06 T:2776  NOTICEscript.tv.show.next.aired### starting data update
13:54:06 T:2776   DEBUGscript.tv.show.next.aired### Update period: day (2 mins)
13:54:06 T:10224   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
13:54:06 T:2776   DEBUGCVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 14 ms for 47 items querySELECT FROM tvshowview
:54:06 T:2776  NOTICEscript.tv.show.next.aired### data update finished
13:54:06 T:2776    INFOCPythonInvoker(58C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC 13\portable_data\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py): script successfully run
:54:07 T:2776    INFOPython script stopped 
(2014-03-19, 19:12)LEDFan Wrote: I installed and tried your latest git [...] and I still get no info for "Le trône de fer" in French on my side.
Your log was quite useful in that it revealed that the show-title string was not coming in set to unicode. I looked at possibly casting that to unicode when I noticed that the normalize() routine that is applied to show names actually drops character accents, so I changed the code to normalize the incoming args too (as well as the background show-finding proc that looks for the current show's title-match in a loop). I don't see how any of that code ever worked in the past for accented characters when finding the show's info in the skin's info screens, though. Weird.

The latest code should hopefully (finally) find that show for you.

..wayne..
Wow Wayne, that was it! You're the best! Thanks a lot, it works now. Check the picture for the prrof.

I only have two remaining questions:

1- Why do I have this (repeating the day twice) in TV Guide for the show "24"? This is the only show where it does that. As a note, maybe this could be a clue, this TV show is the first one appearing in my TV Shows.

2- Do you have that yourself for the show "House of Cards" in TV Guide?
(2014-03-20, 02:18)LEDFan Wrote: 1- Why do I have this (repeating the day twice) in TV Guide for the show "24"?
That's apparently because the first 2 shows happen on the same day. I've tweaked it to avoid the duplicate in that case.

Quote:2- Do you have that yourself for the show "House of Cards" in TV Guide?
Yeah, if there are no upcoming episodes then it doesn't currently display any day-of-the-week values, just the airtime.

..wayne..
Great job on this script and the latest 15 day schedule Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8