• 33(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
As information: I will be offline most of the time until start of next week cause I am travelling for work.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
deleted because it spammed the thread.

don't post long code snippets here, use pastebin or xbmclogs.com
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
Suspend seems to be broken in latest nightly. Tried on two different platforms with the same xbmc version.
I've read the last pages but I cant find the right answer.
I'm on xbmc Gotham Alpha some weeks ago and wont upgrade to xbmc Gotham Beta 1...
But you wrote it's not part of the HowTo... So it's okay or not? An should I use the xbmc-unstable repo?

(2014-03-07, 16:07)wsnipex Wrote: Where in the howto do you read: install beta1? Wink
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
This testing thread is all about the version mentioned on the first page
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master

Only this version has the required code for the deinterlaing filter in combination with vaapi. The most recent version is tagged 14.0 alpha
okay, thanks for your answer...
So, the version 14.0 alpha will be close to the Beta 1 including required code for the deinterlacing filter in combination with vaapi?
More or less. This version is built from my master branch which is approximately 20k loc ahead of beta 1. It also has upgraded ffmpeg. Apart from this it's close to beta 1 Smile
okay... thanks again.
so I will updat from your repo...
I have a problem and I hope someone can help me:

* I start a movie, tv-show, whatever.
* Watch it for a little while and then pause whatever I'm watching.
* Go make some tea, come back.
* Unpause whatever it was I was watching.

When I unpause I only get static noise, no normal sound. Sometimes it helps when I stop XBMC and start the movie again, sometimes I have to restart XBMC completely.

Logfile here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7121654/

At 20:34:31 I pause my TV Show, at 20:38:19 I press play and everything that produces sound goes wrong somewhere...
Same when you set Keep Alive to Always?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-19, 21:52)fritsch Wrote: Same when you set Keep Alive to Always?

That was the one option I forgot to check, it looks like it helps. Always thought that option was for AVR's and the like.
I install XBMC again but I don't have the "Use SW Filter for VAAPI".

Here my installation steps: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=154577

Here my XBMC log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=154580

Where is my mistake?
Nowhere. Switch level to advanced / expert and you will find it. It's under Acceleration
... oh man. expert... That was my mistake... thx a lot. Do y have a good guide to install vdr with vnsi5 server for ubuntu saucy?
wsnipex has it packaged. Just use apt-get install to get it.

sudo apt-get install vdr-plugin-vnsiserver xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416