• 27(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-03-23, 21:21)Ghost792 Wrote: Hi
i have a sumvision cyclone android x2 smart tv box, i installed the geniatech version on to the box which worked fine apart from the internet, which would not work through wired or wireless connections.
i tried to install the Jynxbox version to the box instead but during the installation where the screen is black the device must have crashed, i waited for about 10mins and nothing happened so i unplugged the device (which i know i very stupid idea).
the problem i have now it the device wont do anything it just has a red light on the front and thats it.

can anyone help with this problem
thanks ghost792

Try

1. Download this

2. Open SDcardMaker as administrator

3. Image
Select SDCard
yes to partition
select the spi_MX.bin

When it goes to formatting the card make sure you select FAT

4. Once all thats done copy the entire contents of the Recovery SDCard folder to the SDCard
factory_update_param.ubt
recovery.img
spi_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_spi_mx_20130805.img
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

5. Plug SDCard in

6. Hold reset button then Plug power in

7. Release reset after 10 seconds

8. Wait for recovery to start

8. Then flash update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

Hope that helps
Press THANK USER if I Help
@AuXBoX dont forget to change the Link in first page for reverting back to Android from Jynxrom..... I deleted the other ZIP
Folks:

As I've said, I'm back to the Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC. I think it's the most complete distribution out their and beta-testing shows that it boots twice as fast as the JynxBox version. Wired and wireless networks work and it runs just as fast when I use my customized Confluence (from a few pages back). When I used that skin on the Jynxbox version it bogged down, taking sometimes ten seconds to open a list.

I don't have much experience with the XDA version (only having it up for a day and never being able to install it again) but it had some failings, broken time zone settings and no wireless network.

My only outstanding issue with the Geniatech version is the power on/off function and I'm working on getting a fix for that. Wink

tinker
Agreed mine has been super stable for 4 weeks now without any issue. The Power Button is the only thing that bugs me. I'm playing 1080p from Channels as well from XBMC without any issue.
Hello,

I own an ATV1200 running on the Geniatech Linux Image. Runs smooth, runs well.

But internal memory is running out of space. Only 100 MB left.

There seems to be the possibility to use a SD-Card and create a "xbmc-data" folder.

But how does it work in detail. My database is already existing in internal memory. Do I need to move the xbmc-data manually onto SD card or will this be done automatically when I insert the card?

If it need to be done manually, where the XBMC userdata are located in internal memory?

Thanks in advance,
Greets,
MPC561
MPC561:
Quote:There seems to be the possibility to use a SD-Card and create a "xbmc-data" folder.

But how does it work in detail. My database is already existing in internal memory. Do I need to move the xbmc-data manually onto SD card or will this be done automatically when I insert the card?

You could try the XBMC wiki page on how to reduce disk space (including moving files):

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Reduce_XBMC_disk_space#Move_cached_images_to_another_drive

...and this XBMC forum page for suggestions:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181063

Hope this helps!

tinker
(2014-03-24, 00:12)tinker Wrote: Ghost:

Have you tried looking at the 'SMB Client' under 'Services' to make sure your workgroup is correct? Also, look on the 'Internet Access' page under 'System' to see whether the DHCP server gave you an IP address. Mine is 192.168.1.104. Check under DNS Address on the same page to see if it gives an IP address for that too.

If you can see the wired and wireless connections, it could be a problem with your network, not the MX box.

tinker

Tinker
Ok i will try what you said if i can get the the box fixed and i dont think it was my network as my phone, desktop, laptop, xbox etc can connect just fine but the android box could find the networks and not connect and it couldnt connect to a bt-fon hot stop which runs off nexts doors intrenet not mine, im on talktalk
(2014-03-24, 00:23)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 21:21)Ghost792 Wrote: Hi
i have a sumvision cyclone android x2 smart tv box, i installed the geniatech version on to the box which worked fine apart from the internet, which would not work through wired or wireless connections.
i tried to install the Jynxbox version to the box instead but during the installation where the screen is black the device must have crashed, i waited for about 10mins and nothing happened so i unplugged the device (which i know i very stupid idea).
the problem i have now it the device wont do anything it just has a red light on the front and thats it.

can anyone help with this problem
thanks ghost792

Try

1. Download this

2. Open SDcardMaker as administrator

3. Image
Select SDCard
yes to partition
select the spi_MX.bin

When it goes to formatting the card make sure you select FAT

4. Once all thats done copy the entire contents of the Recovery SDCard folder to the SDCard
factory_update_param.ubt
recovery.img
spi_MX.bin
uImage_recovery
update_spi_mx_20130805.img
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

5. Plug SDCard in

6. Hold reset button then Plug power in

7. Release reset after 10 seconds

8. Wait for recovery to start

8. Then flash update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img

Hope that helps
thanks for your help unfortunately it did not work, the box is not even attempting to boot it just has a red light on it, im not sure if the sd card maker worked tho when i clicked create a load of MSG showed but i couldn't read them and it didnt show any type of progress bar
Ghost792:

I think you'll find that the Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC will install successfully regardless of the condition the box may be in. Even if you don't intend to keep it, at least this will give you a starting point for further tinkering.

The Geniatech version installed properly on my ATV520 from a condition where it wouldn't even send out a video signal.

tinker
(2014-03-25, 21:10)tinker Wrote: Ghost792:

I think you'll find that the Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC will install successfully regardless of the condition the box may be in. Even if you don't intend to keep it, at least this will give you a starting point for further tinkering.

The Geniatech version installed properly on my ATV520 from a condition where it wouldn't even send out a video signal.

tinker

ill give it another try
hey tinker, regarding the install procedure for geniatech... which do I follow if I'm going from xda Linux?

I think i'll move over to geniatech (once the power button works)... just curious which install procedure I should be doing since I'm on XDA.
redi:

If you are using XDA, which uses the Android boot code, then use the SD boot card method. After Geniatech Linux/XBMC installs, use the recovery menu to install the Geniatech update. Both procedures are described in the first post of this thread.

tinker
XDA Version has been updated to the latest stable version 1.00, any feedback would be appreciated
is the wifi now working on ATV520 with XDA release?
(2014-03-30, 12:48)ciquta Wrote: is the wifi now working on ATV520 with XDA release?

I think so, please try and give feedback, I personally don't have an atv520. If it turns out that wifi doesn't work you can always revert back to android and then back to version you have at the moment
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5