• 53(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
aracnoz, I finally got time to test it and it works excellent! Thanks for fixing this. With this addition DSPlayer really is perfect for my needs.

I noticed that xy-vsfilter doesn't work with the "use system filters (DirectShow merits) option, is that possible to add?
I'd like to add my hat into the whole "madVR is a must have feature". I watch a lot of 720p content, and nnedi luma doubling is absolutely amazing. I couldn't go back to anything else.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/59698

I used to use ffdshow raw, but once I got a graphics card that could handle all of madVRs functions, I have no use for ffdshow now as madVR does everything better.
(2014-03-24, 11:26)StinDaWg Wrote: I'd like to add my hat into the whole "madVR is a must have feature". I watch a lot of 720p content, and nnedi luma doubling is absolutely amazing. I couldn't go back to anything else.

I used to use ffdshow raw, but once I got a graphics card that could handle all of madVRs functions, I have no use for ffdshow now as madVR does everything better.

That looks great indeed. Which are the minimum graphic card requirements for madVR?
Don't want to sound like I'm shouting from a pedestal or anything but... what's the point of all the ffdshow vs. madVR discussion? Tiben20 has stated he will work on madVR, if he manages to add it, great. If he doesn't, there's not exactly a line of devs waiting to do it. Let's wait and see and, I humbly suggest, keep the discussion on topic for the existing builds of DSPlayer?

It's not as if we have a choice and people need suggestions whether to go with madVR or ffdshow. Currently we only have ffdshow on XBMC DSPlayer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2014-03-24, 12:30)ashlar Wrote: Don't want to sound like I'm shouting from a pedestal or anything but... what's the point of all the ffdshow vs. madVR discussion? Tiben20 has stated he will work on madVR, if he manages to add it, great. If he doesn't, there's not exactly a line of devs waiting to do it. Let's wait and see and, I humbly suggest, keep the discussion on topic for the existing builds of DSPlayer?

It's not as if we have a choice and people need suggestions whether to go with madVR or ffdshow. Currently we only have ffdshow on XBMC DSPlayer.

Absolutely! It's not like DSPlayer has much development going on at all. In fact until aracnoz chimed in, there was really doubt even if Gotham-DSplayer gonna see the light.

And then tiben20 decided to come back for a bit which make this thread a lot more active lately.
(2014-03-24, 11:26)StinDaWg Wrote: I'd like to add my hat into the whole "madVR is a must have feature". I watch a lot of 720p content, and nnedi luma doubling is absolutely amazing. I couldn't go back to anything else.

You guys and your comparison shots lol. How much of Mario do you watch on your HTPC?, give a 'real' (movie or TV Show) comparison shot and let us see this 'absolutely amazing' difference it makes. IMHO it makes little difference to 'normal' viewing - upscaling 720p and that's on a 65" plasma and 120" screen.

We agree on a lot StinDaWg, but this is one where we are at polar opposites lol.
I also don't want to sound like I'm preaching either, but I feel like the DSPlayer option has always been about providing more choices and opportunities for fine tuning. It's not likely to come down to EITHER madVR or EVR. Or the option of using ffdshow for post-processing is going to disappear. Arguing about which is better is all in the eye of the beholder. If you google madVR versus EVR, this has been hotly debated in many other forums. No need to allow that discussion to take over this thread as well.

Aside from decoding, post-processing and rendering, the video appearance is dependent on the source, your video card, your display and it's settings, the environment that the display is in and finally, your eyes and brain, etc. What looks good (enough) is different from individual to individual and situation to situation. Although it is laudable to try to achieve a perfect technical result, in practical terms, that may make no noticeable difference for any given person on any given system for any particular source.

I am not directly involved in writing code for this project, but it seems to me that this is all proceeding logically - get all of the functions that were working in Frodo working in Gotham while tiben20 works when he can independently on incorporating madVR as another rendering choice.
I agree with both the folks that would love to see MadVR, as well as the folks that want to see a stable Gotham build. I'm personally thankfully for the great folks here that invest their own time into this project. A stable Gotham build is important if Tiben is going to effectively be able to incorporate his great work into it. As always, I would rather wait for sometime to do it right and to their satisfaction than to try to rush something out the door and see many folks who didn't contribute pile on and say how something isn't working. When we have something that is complete enough to test, I'll be happy to lend my time in testing. In the meantime, THANK YOU Arcanoz and Tiben!
Your right Ken - was a throwaway line - I regretted immediately after posting - don't want to start a flame war and each to their own.
(2014-03-23, 23:15)Slurm Wrote: Thanks aracnoz, the Gotham build works really great.

However I have 2 problems:

1. The 3D functionality of Gotham doesn't work with dsplayer (it works fine with dvdplayer).

2. When I use the dsplayer setup for pvr, xbmc crashes when changing channels (this hasn't happened with Frodo build):

Code:
21:49:10 T:1164  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/Alle TV-Kanäle/0.pvr
21:49:10 T:1164  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: http://xbmc:[email protected]:7522/upnp/channelstream/0.ts
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Source" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Successfully loaded file in the splitter/source
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "XyVSFilter Auto" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Deutsch (Deutschland)
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Englisch (USA)
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Deutsch (Deutschland)
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CSubtitleManager::Initialize disabled libsubs.dll
21:49:15 T:1692 WARNING: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules DVDPlayer failed to fetch streams details. Using DirectShow ones
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Video" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Audio" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Successfully creating DS Graph
21:49:15 T:1216  NOTICE: Thread CGraphManagementThread thread start, auto delete: false
21:49:15 T:4008  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080@ 50.00 - Full Screen (16)
21:49:15 T:4008 WARNING: CXBMCRenderManager::Configure - queue size too small (2, 0, 0)
21:49:19 T:820  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
21:49:34 T:1164  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:49:34 T:1164  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: http://xbmc:[email protected]:7522/upnp/channelstream/1.ts
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
21:49:35 T:1164   ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - Exception thrown on open
21:49:35 T:1164   ERROR: Unhandled exception in CApplication::FrameMove() : Division by zero (code:0xc0000094) at 0x01179bfd
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Source" to the graph
21:49:35 T:1164   ERROR: Unhandled exception in CApplication::FrameMove() : Division by zero (code:0xc0000094) at 0x01179bfd
21:49:37 T:1164   ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.
21:49:37 T:1164   ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions

If you need more information on any of the above issues, please let me know.

pvr is working fine here tested with dvbviewer and mediaportal backend. if i change channels via the "channel view" it works. if i want to change the channels via up/down button its not working (this also doesnt work with xbmc 12.3). it seems some buttons (jump back/forward, channels up/down, forward/rewind) are not working correctly with dsplayer ( also doesnt work with xbmc dsplayer12.3). if aracnoz is back from holliday i will describe a little more, especially the "jump" function (timeshift) would be nice to have....
(2014-03-24, 21:40)Ed76 Wrote: pvr is working fine here tested with dvbviewer and mediaportal backend. if i change channels via the "channel view" it works. if i want to change the channels via up/down button its not working (this also doesnt work with xbmc 12.3). it seems some buttons (jump back/forward, channels up/down, forward/rewind) are not working correctly with dsplayer ( also doesnt work with xbmc dsplayer12.3). if aracnoz is back from holliday i will describe a little more, especially the "jump" function (timeshift) would be nice to have....

This describes the problem very well. Before Gotham I had 12.2 installed and there it worked correctly even with Channel up/down.
(2014-03-24, 00:59)oldpoem Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 23:39)hentai23 Wrote: well i too prefer using xbmc on my tv while sitting on the couch and relaxing , btw madvr is still usable with xbmc and has been for the last 5 releases of xbmc, maybe not internally as of currently but perfectly fine with an proper external player hooked in i personally use potplayer with madvr+lav filters+xysubfilter and shader scripts as of currently and have zero issues, so your doing something wrong , no need for EVR ..ever ! , lols , sure tiben20 might have integrated EVR support into dsplayer builds but thats only cause madvr wasnt on his radar at that time thats all , so no im not giving him the middle finger for doing so since it wasnt exactly something he planned on back then i asume Rolleyes

It was broken when they introduced AudioEngine. XBMC didn't release audio device back to external player. Didn't bother to comeback to external player route since. It's good to hear them fixed the issue.

IIRC MadVR intregration was one of (if not major) reason tiben20 abandon DSPlayer development back then. He (with help of Madshi) tried to submit MadVR patch into XBMC main line and got reject by XBMC team. After that DSPlayer went on hiatus and Eduard picked it up and maintained DSPlayer to keep up with Main branch.

yes i knew that ive been around for a while , lurking in the shadows Rolleyes and ive felt it is time for tiben20 to pick up from where he left of last time , hence why ive requested the continuation of madvr integration ,but if youd have followed the thread a couple weeks ago youd know that Wink, tiben20 is currently busy with school and work hence why there hasnt been any updates as of late , as soon as he gets some spare time again hell continue on finishing this, hell pull it off this time around i trust

Quote:You guys and your comparison shots lol. How much of Mario do you watch on your HTPC?, give a 'real' (movie or TV Show) comparison shot and let us see this 'absolutely amazing' difference it makes. IMHO it makes little difference to 'normal' viewing - upscaling 720p and that's on a 65" plasma and 120" screen.

We agree on a lot StinDaWg, but this is one where we are at polar opposites lol.

youve clearly never used madvr as of recently nor havent been using the most recent builds and algorithms and features , or just simple user error , meaning havent used the right settings Rolleyes, if youd like help with that you may go and visit madvrs official thread and ask for help on how to setup madvr properly, people will be more than glad to help out
(2014-03-24, 17:26)KenV99 Wrote: I also don't want to sound like I'm preaching either, but I feel like the DSPlayer option has always been about providing more choices and opportunities for fine tuning. It's not likely to come down to EITHER madVR or EVR. Or the option of using ffdshow for post-processing is going to disappear. Arguing about which is better is all in the eye of the beholder. If you google madVR versus EVR, this has been hotly debated in many other forums. No need to allow that discussion to take over this thread as well.

Aside from decoding, post-processing and rendering, the video appearance is dependent on the source, your video card, your display and it's settings, the environment that the display is in and finally, your eyes and brain, etc. What looks good (enough) is different from individual to individual and situation to situation. Although it is laudable to try to achieve a perfect technical result, in practical terms, that may make no noticeable difference for any given person on any given system for any particular source.

I am not directly involved in writing code for this project, but it seems to me that this is all proceeding logically - get all of the functions that were working in Frodo working in Gotham while tiben20 works when he can independently on incorporating madVR as another rendering choice.

(2014-03-24, 17:37)deh2k7 Wrote: I agree with both the folks that would love to see MadVR, as well as the folks that want to see a stable Gotham build. I'm personally thankfully for the great folks here that invest their own time into this project. A stable Gotham build is important if Tiben is going to effectively be able to incorporate his great work into it. As always, I would rather wait for sometime to do it right and to their satisfaction than to try to rush something out the door and see many folks who didn't contribute pile on and say how something isn't working. When we have something that is complete enough to test, I'll be happy to lend my time in testing. In the meantime, THANK YOU Arcanoz and Tiben!

yes , dont misunderstand this little debate weve had, and yes stable dsplayer gotham code is of equal importance as well and yes madvr vs whatever renderers has been debated to death ive been there but thats not what this is about , all i was saying is that madvr integration and xysubfilter integration is the next logical step for anybody that wants the best of the best playback quality experience and xbmc deserves it imo, and until then i just have to use it per external player hook in ,btw it dont matter what display you use , there will always be a visible difference , hell even a colour blind guy over at doom9 can notice the difference madvr makes ,dont tell me about there being no noticeable difference ok ,youd have to have some real bad eyesight not to notice

and yes if you plan on using all of madvrs high end features you will need an high end gpu , but thats the price to pay for the best possible playback quality as of current and most likely for a very long time as madvr continues to develop not that i would know of anything beyond NNEDI3 ,lols , mind you NNEDI3 isnt a requirement but it comes highly recommended , second i totally agree on modularity

, meaning people can choose whatever they want to use as renderer for both video and subs , i couldnt care less , im not trying to push something onto someone , im just stating the facts ,and hell if youve got a weak gpu then EVR and ffdshow might as well be for you , again if you guys want proper examples on what madvr can do for those in doubt , just visit the official madvr forums over at doom9 theres hundreds of posts with useful explanations and examples , and again well have to wait for proper madvr integration working in order to use the new and nr.1 sub renderer aka xysubfilter in order to replace the outdated xy-vsfilter as ive explained from the inquiry ive did with the xy dev team, thanks Cool

(2014-03-24, 01:36)aracnoz Wrote: @oldpoem and @hentai23

i made a symbolic gesture

i've created a new branch with tiben20's madvr code taken from here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1642662

applied to latest gotham dsplayer build

but this it's a job for tiben20, only he can fix and make it work

https://github.com/aracnoz/xbmc/tree/Got...ayer_madVR

yes indeed well have to wait for tiben20 to continue on this and once he gets that to work we can finally switch over from xy-vsfilter to xysubfilter , and thanks for all the help you provide for this project as well as the rest of the crew thanks guys Big Grin
(2014-03-24, 15:22)steelman1991 Wrote:

You guys and your comparison shots lol. How much of Mario do you watch on your HTPC?, give a 'real' (movie or TV Show) comparison shot and let us see this 'absolutely amazing' difference it makes. IMHO it makes little difference to 'normal' viewing - upscaling 720p and that's on a 65" plasma and 120" screen.

Have you actually used nnedi image doubling? I don't say things lightly, but nnedi gives the most noticeable picture quality improvement out of all the things madVR can do. Razor sharp upscaling, no ringing or aliasing. It's the only algorithm that can upscale text/diagonal edges without aliasing. It gives the appearance of using a sharpening filter without any of the side effects.

Jinc3 vs. nnedi3
Image Image
Image Image
Screenshots source: this futuremark thread.

madshi explanation with more comparisons...
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=16...ount=21592

Not to throw mud or something like that, but I was reading this thread and noticed this reply:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1442663/which-...-madvr/180

What made you change your mind?

@Ed76 could you please post what I should put in my mediasconfig to get dvbviewer working using DSplayer instead of DVDplayer?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8