• 62(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Hi BigNoid, hi everyone!

After a few weeks of nostalgia on Aeon Nox 4, I've come back to test the third Beta and I must say it does look amazing! Very clean, super fast and you don't lose the overview. At first I though the Logo view looked a bit naked but actually there's no need for more information.

I'm liking the skin so much that I've gotten accustomed to using the Shift view for seasons (so one sees the season posters more often) instead of Low List and to using TriPanel instead of Episode (although I'm still pondering whether or not to make a mod).

I do have a suggestion though I'd like you to consider : on TriPanel view for episodes, wouldn't it be more logical to have the season's poster in the middle instead of the show's main poster (like when watching seasons in TriPanel view)? It doesn't show the episode's thumbnail (which would be ugly) but I think it should reflect the season the user's currently navigating and show the default poster only as a fallback.

Anyway, as I said, this skin's damn close to perfection!

PS Actually this could be said about the info screen on seasons too (when you select a season and press "I"). Although I'm not sure if that's not XBMC behaviour...

PPS in variables.xml, line 341 (PosterThumbVar) "!Container.COntent(seasons)" should be changed to "!Container.Content(seasons)"
For those who have problems with widgets and what not, install all the scripts that are on the frontpage and then install the skin, should the problems.

I have a quick wish for the future, when pushing "menu" I get to see all the buttons for controling the movie, play, paus, ff, rw, and so on, is it possible to make these optional so that you could get quicker to subtitles menu? I use a remote for controling my HTPC and I have no need of these buttons.
(2014-03-24, 15:23)nick w Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 10:44)gibxxi Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 05:27)Warner306 Wrote: The TV Next Aired script was recently updated on its forum to fix the error mentioned. Other forum links may not be current.

That did the trick. Thanks for the info Warner. Smile

Have you got a link to the updated version or is it on the front page?
Thanks
N

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1661160
Thanks.
Hi, do the Neurosis mods work with v5, or only with 4.1.9? I am using Gotham + Ace mod for iStream and want to move back to Aeon Nox, to 5, with Neurosis mod, if possible to adapt to the iStream install.
(2014-03-25, 16:14)buju Wrote: Hi, do the Neurosis mods work with v5, or only with 4.1.9? I am using Gotham + Ace mod for iStream and want to move back to Aeon Nox, to 5, with Neurosis mod, if possible to adapt to the iStream install.

I can't say I've tested this but it's not likely. Neurosis' mod is designed for 4.1.9 Gotham. 5.0 has been completely redesigned although I'm sure you could also create a similar mod for it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Is there an easy way to change the colors of the main menu text?
Hi, nice fast skin. It's my default skin now.
I'm searching for an option to hide the buttons for playback , pauze rewind ect. in video mode when hitting enter or ok button.
Is that possible ?

thanks
(2014-03-25, 00:37)thebluepotato Wrote: Hi BigNoid, hi everyone!

After a few weeks of nostalgia on Aeon Nox 4, I've come back to test the third Beta and I must say it does look amazing! Very clean, super fast and you don't lose the overview. At first I though the Logo view looked a bit naked but actually there's no need for more information.

I'm liking the skin so much that I've gotten accustomed to using the Shift view for seasons (so one sees the season posters more often) instead of Low List and to using TriPanel instead of Episode (although I'm still pondering whether or not to make a mod).

I do have a suggestion though I'd like you to consider : on TriPanel view for episodes, wouldn't it be more logical to have the season's poster in the middle instead of the show's main poster (like when watching seasons in TriPanel view)? It doesn't show the episode's thumbnail (which would be ugly) but I think it should reflect the season the user's currently navigating and show the default poster only as a fallback.

Anyway, as I said, this skin's damn close to perfection!

PS Actually this could be said about the info screen on seasons too (when you select a season and press "I"). Although I'm not sure if that's not XBMC behaviour...

PPS in variables.xml, line 341 (PosterThumbVar) "!Container.COntent(seasons)" should be changed to "!Container.Content(seasons)"

Instead of editing once more I'll just write this here : in variables.xml, you defined PosterThumbVar with this as first value
Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.poster)]</value>
Which actually would produce exactly the thing I'm asking for if only season.poster were accessible outside of DialogVideoInfo.xml (which imo is weird but it's what it says on the wiki). So do you know any workaround?

I also tried some stuff with the PosterVar used in DialogVideoInfo. It works as expected when navigating episodes but it doesn't seem to recognize seasons as being such... What I mean is that Container.Content(seasons) returns false when the dialog is showing a season (which is wrong because we are navigating seasons!) and ListItem.Art(poster) returns the show's poster when said LisItem is the season. Anyway this seems to be an XBMC bug but I'm sure there should be a way to access the season's own poster even in this dialog (season.poster only works when selecting episodes)!
Is there any way to get the program info dialogue up with just the "info" button?

At the moment I have to hit "OK" then "info" to see the program info. Unfortunatly that means the channel selector also shows.

(2014-03-25, 16:14)buju Wrote: Hi, do the Neurosis mods work with v5, or only with 4.1.9? I am using Gotham + Ace mod for iStream and want to move back to Aeon Nox, to 5, with Neurosis mod, if possible to adapt to the iStream install.

I'd like to know exactly what the Neurosis mod even is, the first post doesn't describe it.

Here's a simple question. Is there a way to add 3D logos to movies that are 3D like how movies are labeled 1080p or whatever.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
In the latest beta, in TriPanel view, the movie tagline is now showing up above the plot outline. How do you disable this? I don't want to see these, as they can sometimes contain spoilers.
There's no option to remove it but it's controlled by the variable 'VideoPlotVar'.
<label>$VAR[VideoPlotVar]</label>

You could go digging around in the variables.xml file and remove the tagline
Code:
<variable name="VideoPlotVar">
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.ShowPlot]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline) + !Skin.HasSetting(VideoInfoPlotToggle)">$INFO[ListItem.Tagline,[COLOR labelheader],[/COLOR] - ]$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Tagline,[COLOR labelheader],[/COLOR] - ]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
    </variable>
(2014-03-25, 23:55)patseguin Wrote:

I'd like to know exactly what the Neurosis mod even is, the first post doesn't describe it.

Here's a simple question. Is there a way to add 3D logos to movies that are 3D like how movies are labeled 1080p or whatever.

The Neurosis mod should be called the "Colored Icons" mod. He designed a set of icons for every flag imaginable (video, audio, language, studio, IMDB rating, mpaa rating, folders, icons, etc.). It is quite attractive but difficult to fork into another skin. The guy is still making new icons and adding color to items such as taglines. I think this guy has too much time on his hands because the number of icons he created now numbers in the hundreds, if not thousands.

If you have Aeon Nox 4.1.9.6, you should give it a try; it is quite attractive. But it likely won't win you over if you prefer Version 5 over 4. The option is selectable from the "Appearance" menu in Settings after copying the contents of a zip file into the skin folder.
(2014-03-26, 08:10)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 23:55)patseguin Wrote:

The Neurosis mod should be called the "Colored Icons" mod. He designed a set of icons for every flag imaginable (video, audio, language, studio, IMDB rating, mpaa rating, folders, icons, etc.). It is quite attractive but difficult to fork into another skin. The guy is still making new icons and adding color to items such as taglines. I think this guy has too much time on his hands because the number of icons he created now numbers in the hundreds, if not thousands.

If you have Aeon Nox 4.1.9.6, you should give it a try; it is quite attractive. But it likely won't win you over if you prefer Version 5 over 4. The option is selectable from the "Appearance" menu in Settings after copying the contents of a zip file into the skin folder.

Yeah I installed it and couldn't find any difference. I guess I'll check the appearance menu. I'll also unzip the contents to the skin directory (a little difficult on OpenElec but not impossible). I do prefer 4 because I like to see cases for DVD, Bluray, 3D. 5 is nice because it is lightweight and I use it in my bedroom where I only want to see 2D media anyways.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537