• 67(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
I had that with 3d. Change your tv settings to 'fit screen' or something equivalent, reset xbmc video calibration. 3d will be ok
(2014-03-26, 23:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 23:41)fernandovg Wrote: Did you changed video calibration at video settings?

And make sure TV is not overscanned (so calibration is not required). 3d won't work when overscanned.

Yes overscanning is off in config.txt.
Found the problem! Changed to 60hz from 24 and it is perfect now... dont know why that would do difference.. perhaps my tv is of bad quality and timings off..

(2014-03-26, 23:44)fernandovg Wrote: I had that with 3d. Change your tv settings to 'fit screen' or something equivalent, reset xbmc video calibration. 3d will be ok

My tv is locked on fit screen when entering 3D but everything is good now. Smile
(2014-03-26, 23:50)colmania Wrote: Yes overscanning is off in config.txt.
Actually it's a setting on TV that needs changing.
Quote:Found the problem! Changed to 60hz from 24 and it is perfect now... dont know why that would do difference.. perhaps my tv is of bad quality and timings off..

You should enable "adjust refresh to match video" in settings/video and it will switch for you.

It's likely the TV has different overscan settings for different resolution/resfresh rates.
Check the display menu options (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1")
(2014-03-27, 00:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 23:50)colmania Wrote: Yes overscanning is off in config.txt.
Actually it's a setting on TV that needs changing.
Quote:Found the problem! Changed to 60hz from 24 and it is perfect now... dont know why that would do difference.. perhaps my tv is of bad quality and timings off..

You should enable "adjust refresh to match video" in settings/video and it will switch for you.

It's likely the TV has different overscan settings for different resolution/resfresh rates.
Check the display menu options (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1")

No the tv locks the settings when entering 3D and fullscreens whatever the format, but it works for me this way.
Okey did not think about automatic refresh adjust - thanks for that! Smile
(2014-03-22, 07:52)miappa Wrote: The default (system) remote.xml is located in /home/pi/.xbmc-current/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/keymaps
Remember though, .xbmc-current is a symlink to the active build so I don´t recommend editing/using that as a custom keymap as it will switch back to defaut when switching build, but good to know if you want to use it as a template.

Create remote.xml and put it in the folder keymaps in your user data: /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
This will override the default actions.

The following will use smallstepback when pushing back in fullscreenvideo:
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <back>SmallStepBack</back>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Just as an example of more things you can do, here is mine remote.xml:
Code:
<keymap>

<global>
   <remote>
    <blue>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</blue>
    <red>info</red>
    <yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</yellow>
   </remote>

<keyboard>
   <key id="252">XBMC.RunScript("script.raspbmc.settings")</key>
  </keyboard>

</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <zero>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(99))</zero>
      <one>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(10))</one>
      <two>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(20))</two>
      <three>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(30))</three>
      <four>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(40))</four>
      <five>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(50))</five>
      <six>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(60))</six>
      <seven>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(70))</seven>
      <eight>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(80))</eight>
      <nine>PlayerControl(seekpercentage(90))</nine>
      <back>SmallStepBack</back>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>
The keyboard part was just a test if it was possible in remote.xml and it was. You can also use <remote> and <button id="xxxx">.
To find out which id a button has (or to see if the button is used by XBMC), turn on debug logging and look for "OnKey: xxxx pressed, action is yyyy".

Edit:
Another new feature in Gotham is up and down in fullscreenvideo which now is using ChapterOrBigStepForward/ChapterOrBigStepBack which is the same as BigStepForward/BigStepBack in Frodo.

But in Gotham BigStepForward/BigStepBack will not use chapters even if they exists, so if you don´t like chapters and want 10min steps always you can remap up and down to BigStepForward/BigStepBack.

Thanks for this, it works perfectly!
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3
sorry, I don't find the answer.

Can I install this over a 12.2 version or I have to install a 13. testbuild first?
(2014-03-26, 19:43)miappa Wrote: • NC3: [PiSink] Fix multichannel and passthough
• NC3: [PiSink] Increase Pi Sink's buffering
• NC3: Hardware accelerated resampling (reduce CPU when using PA- & DVDPlayer)
• NC3: Speed up wtv index creation
• NC3: Fix: PR #3677 updated

Firmware from March 25 included
In contrast I experienced slight increased CPU usage with this build. From 28-32% to 33-38% playing an AVI file with DvDplayer. Just 1 file tested.
(2014-03-27, 19:46)ElectricPim Wrote: In contrast I experienced slight increased CPU usage with this build. From 28-32% to 33-38% playing an AVI file with DvDplayer. Just 1 file tested.

Can you post mediainfo of file and describe your audio settings (hdmi/analogue, number of channels, passthrough etc)
(or post a debug log)
(2014-03-26, 19:43)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 25 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: Few fixes
• NC3: [PiSink] Ensure audio buffers use reasonable sized chunks
• NC3: [PiSink] Add support for float and 32-bit formats
• NC3: [PiSink] Fix multichannel and passthough
• NC3: [PiSink] Increase Pi Sink's buffering
• NC3: Hardware accelerated resampling (reduce CPU when using PA- & DVDPlayer)
• NC3: Speed up wtv index creation
• NC3: Fix: PR #3677 updated

Firmware from March 25 included
This build has broken GUI sounds for me - no GUI sounds at all initially then after a reboot I have distorted (sounds like ring modulation) white noise playing when I should hear GUI clicks and beeps. Sound in video playback is fine. GUI sounds have been working nicely for me for the last few builds.

I switched back to the previous March 23 build (but still kept the latest firmware) and GUI sounds are working fine again. If I need to capture a debug log I won't be able to do that until tomorrow night.

I'm using 2 channel PCM HDMI sound output to a TV with down-mixing enabled in XBMC.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Hey DBMandrake,

It´s working here. Hmmm... similar setup too. What firmware?
I saw in that other thread at Raspbmc forum that you have played around with baclups, that´s why I am asking.
What does 'vcgencmd version' say?
(2014-03-27, 21:45)DBMandrake Wrote: This build has broken GUI sounds for me - no GUI sounds at all initially then after a reboot I have distorted (sounds like ring modulation) white noise playing when I should hear GUI clicks and beeps. Sound in video playback is fine. GUI sounds have been working nicely for me for the last few builds.

I switched back to the previous March 23 build (but still kept the latest firmware) and GUI sounds are working fine again. If I need to capture a debug log I won't be able to do that until tomorrow night.

I'm using 2 channel PCM HDMI sound output to a TV with down-mixing enabled in XBMC.

I don't think this commit is in this build which fixes the noise:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...d5ddd14b3b
That´s true, it isn´t.
Weird, it is working here, but I guess it depends on setup and hardware(?).

It´ll be included in next build.
(2014-03-27, 22:01)miappa Wrote: That´s true, it isn´t.

There were two bugs in last build. One treated 16-bit audio as 8-bit causing noise.
One (on firmware) meant mono 8-bit audio was silent.
That combination cancelled out (except for missing notify sound).

I think DBMandrake has updated his firmware (but not the newclock3 patch) which makes the noise become audible.
(2014-03-27, 21:54)miappa Wrote: Hey DBMandrake,

It´s working here. Hmmm... similar setup too. What firmware?
I saw in that other thread at Raspbmc forum that you have played around with baclups, that´s why I am asking.
What does 'vcgencmd version' say?
The backups were only .xbmc folder backups. I'm back using my normal gotham .xbmc folder.

Code:
pi@raspbmc:~/.xbmc/temp$ vcgencmd version
Mar 25 2014 15:17:24
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 34a027868674ccc896149263215e91718770698f (clean) (release)

Here is the supported sound formats of the TV:

Code:
pi@raspbmc:~/.xbmc/temp$ tvservice -a
     PCM supported: Max channels: 2, Max samplerate:  48kHz, Max samplesize 24 bits.

Re: that other thread - possibly not relevant but when I was getting no GUI sounds at all I was on standard over-clock, when I rebooted after changing back to my normal super-overclock I was then getting white noise for GUI sounds. But either way GUI sounds were not working. I switched back to the March 23 build without changing anything else and GUI sounds are fine.

I see a lot of sound related patches in this update, it must be something in there...

(2014-03-27, 22:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 22:01)miappa Wrote: That´s true, it isn´t.

There were two bugs in last build. One treated 16-bit audio as 8-bit causing noise.
One (on firmware) meant mono 8-bit audio was silent.
That combination cancelled out (except for missing notify sound).

I think DBMandrake has updated his firmware (but not the newclock3 patch) which makes the noise become audible.

I installed the exact build and firmware files miappa provided in post #986. I just checked in my command history to see if I had forgotten to copy the firmware files, but no, I had copied them correctly.

The new firmware works fine with the previous XBMC build. (I didn't revert the firmware)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
As you see it is already a fix for the sound issue so it´ll be included in next build.

Just so frustrating though, we seem to have a very similar setup (+ same build & firmware) but it really does work here and I cannot reproduce it...
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15