• 178(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
I recently picked up the i3 version of the Haswell NUC. Got a minimal Ubuntu + XBMC install up an running after some initial trouble with USB booting and dodgy thumbdrives. I also got my MCE remote working with the CIR. The only issue that remains is that when I tell XBMC to power the system down, I get a "Working" popup and then the entire system freezes necessitating a hard reboot. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
I have the same issues with d34010wyk. I can not turn on the nuc with the remote but i can turn off.
Hi
I have had a scan through the first 100 pages on this thread and have picked up some info, but as my first i5 NUC is arriving in a few days, I wonder if anyone would be so kind to help me with a few noob q's...
I've ordered the NUC without any OS as I gather that I'll be fine putting an OE from http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-ge...-download/
1- how do I find out what BIOS is in the NUC when I get it and if I get a Logitech wireless keyboard will I be able to hit f2 and update the BIOS before I install OE? Will I even be able to use the wireless keyboard on the bare NUC without an OS or drivers installed?
2 - or should I go ahead try to first install OE from a stick drive and then worry about BIOS updates?
Thanks
Hi all. Recently bought the xbox 360 media remote to use with my i3 nuc (D34010WYK), with OpenELEC.

I cannot wake/power the unit, nor are my button presses working. I've tried replacing batteries, running the latest Gotham beta and have updated my BIOS.

Any ideas what the problem could be? What are my next steps?

Cheers.
(2014-03-29, 15:18)herbie70 Wrote: 1- how do I find out what BIOS is in the NUC when I get it and if I get a Logitech wireless keyboard will I be able to hit f2 and update the BIOS before I install OE? Will I even be able to use the wireless keyboard on the bare NUC without an OS or drivers installed?
2 - or should I go ahead try to first install OE from a stick drive and then worry about BIOS updates?
Thanks
If you are using the same wireless keyboard, what difference does it make. The only way you can update the BIOS while booted into an OS is in Windows.

You may or may not be able to use the wireless keyboard. I've had PCs where I could and PCs where I couldn't, although he ones that I couldn't outnumber the ones that I could.

Quote:Hi all. Recently bought the xbox 360 media remote to use with my i3 nuc (D34010WYK), with OpenELEC.

I cannot wake/power the unit, nor are my button presses working. I've tried replacing batteries, running the latest Gotham beta and have updated my BIOS.

Cheers.
Have you installed and configured LIRC?
Anyone else update their i3 Haswell NUC with the latest bios and Graphics driver. I did, now I only have PCM and multi channel PCM out of my Windows 8.1 box thru HDMI in Windows and XBMC (Gotham Beta 2).
For the life of me I've searched the settings and can't change it to bitstream the output. Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete
(2014-03-29, 17:20)pumkinut Wrote:
Quote:Hi all. Recently bought the xbox 360 media remote to use with my i3 nuc (D34010WYK), with OpenELEC.

Cheers.

No, was hoping to use the internal IR receiver on the nucas this remote is supposedly rc6 compatible. Did I get it wrong?
(2014-03-29, 22:54)Racer686 Wrote: Anyone else update their i3 Haswell NUC with the latest bios and Graphics driver. I did, now I only have PCM and multi channel PCM out of my Windows 8.1 box thru HDMI in Windows and XBMC (Gotham Beta 2).
For the life of me I've searched the settings and can't change it to bitstream the output. Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

Have you set settings level to advanced or expert?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No I haven't.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I always use the Aeon Nox skin and they haven't put the switch in the settings to get to advanced or expert so I switched to Confluence, reset the audio parameters to suit, and voila, bitstreaming works again. When you update the Graphics driver, it updates HDMI audio as well, that resets default audio to Realtek in Windows, and therefore XBMC.

Cheers

Pete

Pete
99% of my problems sorted.

Can boot NUC with generic MCE RC6 remote, but needed to create autostart script for it to work in the latest Gotham beta (3), else it was useless. Can anyone shed light on WHY this isn't done automatically as part of the OpenELEC install?

Also, the xbox360 MCE remote works now (due to autostart script), however will not power on the unit. The last piece of the puzzle, anyone have any clues?

Cheers.
(2014-03-30, 01:22)bogchop Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 17:20)pumkinut Wrote:

Cheers.

No, was hoping to use the internal IR receiver on the nucas this remote is supposedly rc6 compatible. Did I get it wrong?
Ahh, missed the fact that you're on OpenELEC. If that's the case LIRC should already be working. You may have to reconfigure it to tell it that there's an MCE remote. I don't run OpenELEC, so that's just a guess.
(2014-03-29, 15:42)bogchop Wrote: Hi all. Recently bought the xbox 360 media remote to use with my i3 nuc (D34010WYK), with OpenELEC.

Cheers.

Have you tried editing autostart.sh with the modprobe section, as per the first post of this thread?
(2014-03-31, 02:35)Richie Wrote: Have you tried editing autostart.sh with the modprobe section, as per the first post of this thread?

Hi Richie, I didn't see that originally and now have those remotes working in OE. Any reason why this isn't automatically

However, the xbox360 media remote doesn't power on the unit, but the normal rc6 one does. Can't understand why! I much prefer the click feel of the 360 remote!!
(2014-03-31, 04:53)bogchop Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 02:35)Richie Wrote: Have you tried editing autostart.sh with the modprobe section, as per the first post of this thread?

Hi Richie, I didn't see that originally and now have those remotes working in OE. Any reason why this isn't automatically

However, the xbox360 media remote doesn't power on the unit, but the normal rc6 one does. Can't understand why! I much prefer the click feel of the 360 remote!!

No idea, sorry. Probably a question for the XBMC devs.

I didn't know the Xbox360 had a power button on the remote, to be honest. There is a way you can test by running a command through the CLI and check to see what button appears when you press it, but I can't remember where I saw it or how to do it. If you can figure that out, then it's possibly that the Xbox360 power button is mapped differently. (If you're talking about the Xbox button, then this is mapped differently than a regular power button).
(2014-03-31, 09:18)Richie Wrote: No idea, sorry. Probably a question for the XBMC devs.

I didn't know the Xbox360 had a power button on the remote, to be honest. There is a way you can test by running a command through the CLI and check to see what button appears when you press it, but I can't remember where I saw it or how to do it. If you can figure that out, then it's possibly that the Xbox360 power button is mapped differently. (If you're talking about the Xbox button, then this is mapped differently than a regular power button).

Definitely has its own power button for the 'xbox', 'tv' and the individual xbox logo also. Shame if it doesn't turn on, love this bloody thing!
  • 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7