• 13(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Fwiw, the plex client plays all my content fine, including the larger files. (I hate plex but I tried it for the heck of it.) So the hardware can handle it.

I wonder if the poster who tried Gotham checked the video playback settings? Maybe something needs to be changed there.
Done then. It's crap Smile
(2014-04-04, 00:28)ozkhan1 Wrote: Done then. It's crap Smile
Did you try disabling Librstagefright acceleration and enabling MediaCodec? FireTV specs say it uses MediaCodec.
(2014-04-04, 00:27)thess Wrote: Fwiw, the plex client plays all my content fine, including the larger files. (I hate plex but I tried it for the heck of it.) So the hardware can handle it.

I wonder if the poster who tried Gotham checked the video playback settings? Maybe something needs to be changed there.

Doesn't Plex transcode first though?
oh wow, those reviews have put a major dampener on my excitement.. I hope someone here can go through it more thoroughly, test mediacodec, try different containers etc.
XBMC running on Fire TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3PK-hT7Jvk
(2014-04-04, 00:40)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 00:28)ozkhan1 Wrote: Done then. It's crap Smile
Did you try disabling Librstagefright acceleration and enabling MediaCodec? FireTV specs say it uses MediaCodec.

Do you mean in Xbmc? If so, how to do this?

I've installed Gotham now and I can confirm that out of the box it is actually performing worse now---first I get a bright green screen and then eventually choppy video playback.
(2014-04-03, 23:31)khaosx Wrote: Just got Gotham loaded, and added my NAS drive to do a quick test - video promptly craps all over itself the second it tries to play either mov or m4v formats. I'll play with it some more when I have a few minutes, but I can already see that the side loading requirement is going to make this a non-starter for me. Too easy to hit the home button and roll back to the main interface.

Still, nice box for streaming Amazon, and I'll probably keep it around just to see what develops as folks far more capable than me get a chase to hack into it.

Wired or WIFI?

(2014-04-04, 01:13)mpressive Wrote: XBMC running on Fire TV.

This video uses Frodo 12.3.. not Gotham, See 3:00 mark.
(2014-04-04, 00:27)thess Wrote: Fwiw, the plex client plays all my content fine, including the larger files. (I hate plex but I tried it for the heck of it.) So the hardware can handle it.

Like Hitcher said, you should check to see if Plex on your PC in transcoding because it does..

(2014-04-04, 01:19)doduv2 Wrote:

I'm on Gotham and still having problems, as per the other person on this thread who also tried Gotham. But still waiting to hear if there is a setting I should be changing. There are no video or system settings I can find in the Gotham ui that seem applicable.

And yes, I was probably wrong about plex, pile-on can cease now. Smile
(2014-04-04, 01:25)thess Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 01:19)doduv2 Wrote:

I'm on Gotham and still having problems, as per the other person on this thread who also tried Gotham. But still waiting to hear if there is a setting I should be changing. There are no video or system settings I can find in the Gotham ui that seem applicable.

And yes, I was probably wrong about plex, pile-on can cease now. Smile

can you install the ouya version of XBMC? this is the version that still supports DTS. Works fine when i installed it on my Madcatz Mojo.
https://diegomejia.globat.com/android/Xb...12.3.2.apk
(2014-04-03, 23:46)garvani Wrote: Khaosx. Can you flip it over and see if theres voltage information somewhere? Im looking for 220-240v

Yes - Input is 120-240v.

(2014-04-03, 23:53)bainsbonds Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 23:31)khaosx Wrote: Just got Gotham loaded, and added my NAS drive to do a quick test - video promptly craps all over itself the second it tries to play either mov or m4v formats. I'll play with it some more when I have a few minutes, but I can already see that the side loading requirement is going to make this a non-starter for me. Too easy to hit the home button and roll back to the main interface.

Still, nice box for streaming Amazon, and I'll probably keep it around just to see what develops as folks far more capable than me get a chase to hack into it.

Did you happen to try any mp4 or mkv?

Sorry - I typoed. I did not try .mov, I tried .mkv and m4v (which is mp4, essentially)
The ouya has a tegra3 chip, the firetv has a qualcomm snapdragon, I can't see that specific GPU acceleration working.

From a technical standpoint is this soc supported by xbmc and is it supposed to be accelerated under Gotham? I believe its the same chip set as the nexus 7 (2013) so its nothing new.
(2014-04-04, 00:43)Hitcher Wrote:

Doesn't Plex transcode first though?

I am using the plex app on the Fire tv and it does not transcode a thing.

1080p high bitrate files playing fine in a MKV container.

there is currently a problem with plex passing 5.1 audio but elan from plex is aware and it'll be corrected.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10