• 22(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-05, 00:06)st0nedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:29)tential Wrote: There are written instructions mentioned multiple times in this thread.

This YouTube generation has ruined people being able to do basic things on their PC now. I can't find written instructions for so many things and have to "watch a video" that is 5-10 minutes long for instructions that could take me 30 seconds to read and start doing.

Sorry, small rant against Youtube generation and how it's completely screwed up written instructions online. Too many people making youtube videos to promote their stupid channels rather than to actually help people. Can be very very frustrating.

I couldn't grasp the meaning of this post, please make a YouTube video to explain your point. Angel

LOL +1
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2014-04-05, 00:28)hunkyn Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 00:06)st0nedpenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:29)tential Wrote: There are written instructions mentioned multiple times in this thread.

This YouTube generation has ruined people being able to do basic things on their PC now. I can't find written instructions for so many things and have to "watch a video" that is 5-10 minutes long for instructions that could take me 30 seconds to read and start doing.

Sorry, small rant against Youtube generation and how it's completely screwed up written instructions online. Too many people making youtube videos to promote their stupid channels rather than to actually help people. Can be very very frustrating.

I couldn't grasp the meaning of this post, please make a YouTube video to explain your point. Angel

LOL +1

Maybe a reddit thread with Instagram pictures shared on Facebook
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-05, 00:28)nickr Wrote: Take your mashup posts elsewhere.

okay my bad just trying to test functionality
(2014-04-05, 00:14)kalikid021 Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 00:11)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 00:05)kalikid021 Wrote: Has anyone figured out a way to launch side loaded apps from the home screen rather then having to do it from the SETTINGS -> APPLICATIONS menu?

I've been meaning to check out the FireTV SDK sample apps to see what gets them to show up on the main menu. Then we could modify the XBMC apk to do the same.

Word! I don't care so much myself, however without a shorcut on the Home screen, my lady will ask me "where is it again?" about a billion times. Wink
For the time being, I'm creating shortcuts to other apps from XBMC. Only done Netflix so far. Now if I could only kill the Home button.
(2014-04-04, 20:11)jus2sho Wrote: What keyboards is everyone using?

I used the official xbmc remote. Once i was inside XBMC that worked great.
(2014-04-05, 00:50)nobnupe Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 20:11)jus2sho Wrote: What keyboards is everyone using?

I used the official xbmc remote. Once i was inside XBMC that worked great.

Yatse on a 10in tablet
(2014-04-05, 00:45)elmerohueso Wrote: For the time being, I'm creating shortcuts to other apps from XBMC. Only done Netflix so far. Now if I could only kill the Home button.

You might not be able to kill the Home button, but I bet there's an APK somewhere that'll allow you to redirect it to launch an arbitrary application- say, XBMC.

What's wrong with mashup
Yatse on my Note 3 - My Note 3 also can turn on my other components (TV, AVR, etc) with it's built in IR transmitter, and Smart Remote app.
(2014-04-05, 00:57)ilovemymac Wrote:

What's wrong with mashup

It's piracy, read the forum rules.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It is? Oh thought it was live TV. Thinking of a diff addon I guess
Speaking of Live TV, what are the prerequisite s of getting Live TV working in XBMC?
(2014-04-05, 01:19)RGB_Gamer Wrote: Speaking of Live TV, what are the prerequisite s of getting Live TV working in XBMC?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
speaking of liveTV, anyone running ServerWMC able to check whether pvr.wmc for android works? my fire should be here tomorrow
(2014-04-04, 19:44)ilovemymac Wrote: I don't think the processor in this is as powerful as some if the other android boxes. Is guess anyway

I have loaded xbmc builds on my GBox Midnight which produced the exact same slow mow type results on certain video types. I don't think this problem has anything to do with horsepower but rather compatibility or coding. Once I went to a different version of xbmc it played the same file without issue.

It may take some time to get xbmc dialed in for AFTv then lets hope it turns out to be a great box.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10