• 75(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 06 + newclock3 commits + one additional commit.
Note: Last commit in nc3 (by Fernetenta) not included since I compiled before it was added.

Some info:
• Master: Many fixes and updates (changelog)
• NC3: Ability to choose different scaling kernels (more info here)
• NC3: Only extract thumbnails and video info from real video stream
• NC3: Don't replace timestamps of 0 with unknown (fix stall when seeking back to zero)
• Additional: WMC PVR addon V 0.2.95 included

Firmware from April 06 included:
• Fix for crash after jpeg encode with non-multiple of 16 height (fixes crash/freeze in previous build)
• Many updates and firmware in firmware from April 04

Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-13-20140406-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/05SVd0 --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-13-20140406-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140406-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140406-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
ok - Youtube works now without reboot :-) i've a look to my 2othe Pi's.

Thank's
Hi miappa would you share your build script. i need to compile my own gotham beta3 version and can't get it to compile because of some libxml/libxslt error
First, you are probably better off asking in the Raspbmc forum, I will not be able to give you much support if you run into problems.

Pretty much the same problem here, and I am not versed enough in this stuff to fix it ”properly”, but this is how I fix it:
You need to install libxslt1-dev on Pi (not on computer, so make sure it is the ARM version), copy to the buildroot in /opt/bcm-rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/

I don´t know how to properly fix the headers, but it does work by (pre-configuration) putting them into XBMC in /path-to-your-xbmc-source/xbmc/xbmc/libxslt/ (path doesn´t exist so you need to create it)
The headers are needed every time when you do it this way.

After compilation you also need to add library to the XBMC build (perhaps not if you first install it on Pi, but if you want it to work on any Raspbmc install you will need to add it to XBMC).
Add libxslt.so.1.1.26 to /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system/
Then create symlinks:
Code:
ln -sf libxslt.so.1.1.26 libxslt.so.1
ln -sf libxslt.so.1 libxslt.so

But, there were more deps that needed to be added, I cannot remember everything though. Libxml2 for example, but it´s probably included in Sam´s last buildroot (I don´t know).

Note: I have not tested Sam´s last buildroot from 3rd of April so I cannot say for sure that this will work if you have that one.
I know that Sam is looking into this, so if you´re not in a hurry perhaps you should just wait.
(2014-04-06, 16:25)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 06 + newclock3 commits + one additional commit.
Note: Last commit in nc3 (by Fernetenta) not included since I compiled before it was added.

Some info:
• Master: Many fixes and updates (changelog)
• NC3: Ability to choose different scaling kernels (more info here)
• NC3: Only extract thumbnails and video info from real video stream
• NC3: Don't replace timestamps of 0 with unknown (fix stall when seeking back to zero)
• Additional: WMC PVR addon V 0.2.95 included

Firmware from April 06 included:
• Fix for crash after jpeg encode with non-multiple of 16 height (fixes crash/freeze in previous build)
• Many updates and firmware in firmware from April 04

Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-13-20140406-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/05SVd0 --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-13-20140406-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140406-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140406-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

Is the update of library bug solved in this version?
I got bootloop, but I don't know if was related to this.
I will reinstall previous version (04-02) and make the upgrade again.
(2014-04-07, 11:15)Mafarricos Wrote: Is the update of library bug solved in this version?
Did you mean the crash/freeze due to jpeg encoding / memory corruption?
If so yes, it´s been fixed with updated firmware.

(2014-04-07, 11:15)Mafarricos Wrote: I got bootloop, but I don't know if was related to this.

That will happen if the symlink is "empty" or not pointing correct.
Can happen for several reasons, for example if you have an error when doing the commands (i.e wrong directory, the tarball was not downloaded or unpacked correct etc.)
But you do not need to reinstall any builds you already have if all you want is to switch.
For example, if you already have April 2 installed since before, you can just create the symlink by:
Code:
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140402-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current

And of course, same goes if you do have April 6 installed but for some reason the symlink is wrong.
Every time i update to the lastest test build i lose ssh, i am doing something wrong?
I don´t know, are you? Wink

It´s only XBMC and GPU firmware included in these builds (and instructions) so SSH has nothing to do with it per se.
In short, what you update here does not touch anything related to SSH, so there must be something else that is wrong.
(2014-04-07, 11:51)miappa Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 11:15)Mafarricos Wrote: Is the update of library bug solved in this version?
Did you mean the crash/freeze due to jpeg encoding / memory corruption?
If so yes, it´s been fixed with updated firmware.

(2014-04-07, 11:15)Mafarricos Wrote: I got bootloop, but I don't know if was related to this.

That will happen if the symlink is "empty" or not pointing correct.
Can happen for several reasons, for example if you have an error when doing the commands (i.e wrong directory, the tarball was not downloaded or unpacked correct etc.)
But you do not need to reinstall any builds you already have if all you want is to switch.
For example, if you already have April 2 installed since before, you can just create the symlink by:
Code:
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140402-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current

And of course, same goes if you do have April 6 installed but for some reason the symlink is wrong.

Thanks, but as it was in bootloop, i could not enter via ssh and do that.
I'm setting up with noobs a image with Raspbian, Raspbmc and Openelec. So I can try between the 2 XBMC's releases and have a "computer".

Now it seems that all is OK.
I'm updating some libraries and will make a backup so I don't have many problems with 3 SO's in the same SDcard.

Only need to update raspbian, and will have all up-to-date.

About the April 6, it didn't crashed, so I confirm that for now is OK.
(2014-04-07, 11:55)ismadder Wrote: Every time i update to the lastest test build i lose ssh, i am doing something wrong?

You will - after the reboot Smile
(2014-04-07, 11:55)ismadder Wrote: Every time i update to the lastest test build i lose ssh, i am doing something wrong?

What do you do to get ssh again? Enable?
@Mafarricos
Do you loose SSH?
And also, I don´t know NOOBS and I am uncertain that the instruction that copies firmware files will work on NOOBS.
Does it mount /boot and use it´s own boot partition?

Edit: Ok, that was a "real boot loop", I thought you meant a XBMC "restart loop". The boot loop could have been firmware related, but also NOOBS related (don´t know how it works).

@ismadder
Are you n NOOBS?

@kl1k
What do you mean? Do you loose SSH?
(2014-04-06, 18:50)miappa Wrote: [..]

But, there were more deps that needed to be added, I cannot remember everything though. Libxml2 for example, but it´s probably included in Sam´s last buildroot (I don´t know).

Note: I have not tested Sam´s last buildroot from 3rd of April so I cannot say for sure that this will work if you have that one.
I know that Sam is looking into this, so if you´re not in a hurry perhaps you should just wait.

Hey thx a lot miappa,
I could get it to compile successfully now.
Would elaborate more on the after compilation linking part, please...
I don´t think XBMC will start without the library + symlinks... perhaps it will work if you already have it on the system (Raspbmc) though, I cannot remember.

So, before you make a tarball, copy libxslt.so.1.1.26 to the XBMC build and create links:
Code:
cp /opt/bcm-rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxslt.so.1.1.26 /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system/
cd  /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system/
ln -sf libxslt.so.1.1.26 libxslt.so.1
ln -sf libxslt.so.1 libxslt.so
(2014-04-07, 18:46)miappa Wrote: @Mafarricos
Do you loose SSH?
And also, I don´t know NOOBS and I am uncertain that the instruction that copies firmware files will work on NOOBS.
Does it mount /boot and use it´s own boot partition?

Edit: Ok, that was a "real boot loop", I thought you meant a XBMC "restart loop". The boot loop could have been firmware related, but also NOOBS related (don´t know how it works).

@ismadder
Are you n NOOBS?

@kl1k
What do you mean? Do you loose SSH?

No I didn't loose ssh on raspbmc.
On noobs you get a boot partition and storage partition for each OS, so I have my SD card with many separate partitions, and on boot is chosen by noobs the ones to be used. So to raspbmc or other OS is same as single OS on a sdcard after boot. Probably was a problem with OC, has happened after I try same values as Openelec.

This way I can compare and use both SOs to detect what's better or worst of each other Wink
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15