• 47(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-07, 19:52)ozkhan1 Wrote: Doesn't nfs or smb work with it?

Or do u have to root it?

Most android devices aare pretty open and you can easily map to an external storage.

dont want to have a full conversation here but use es file. if you want cifs than yes, you need root.
(2014-04-07, 19:38)ozkhan1 Wrote: diego.

whats this mojo box you mentioned? is that an android box?

Any links to that one?

That the mojo madcatz game console running a Tegra 4 processor
(2014-04-07, 16:59)Dealwagon Wrote: Looking to replace AirVideo HD on my Apple TV 3 as a streamer. Wish I hadn't sold the ATV 2. Confused

I'm selling mine for a regular price in EU - 100€.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-04-07, 20:11)jdtimmons Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 17:31)hondalex Wrote: Hey guys, I've been following the thread all weekend. Super excited for the FireTV!

I wanted to see if anyone has tried playing an .iso image of a DVD. I have all my collection on .iso images and currently use my RPi with OpenElec but I have an Amazon Prime subscription and wanted to know if this would play the isos, if it does I may have the ultimate box for what I need!

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Yep .iso's play just fine. .. I'm using the ouya xbmc build...

Update for clarity: ouya xbmc apk on the firetv...
how about Bluray ISOs?

(2014-04-07, 17:31)hondalex Wrote: Hey guys, I've been following the thread all weekend. Super excited for the FireTV!

I wanted to see if anyone has tried playing an .iso image of a DVD. I have all my collection on .iso images and currently use my RPi with OpenElec but I have an Amazon Prime subscription and wanted to know if this would play the isos, if it does I may have the ultimate box for what I need!

(2014-04-07, 20:38)fnc1 Wrote: how about Bluray ISOs?

Not sure on that. .. i don't have any bluray .iso to try...
http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/04/0...with-xbmc/

I love this article... Yes I trust it. All the sources check out! Thank you Alan Ng!
Hey guys, has anyone tried to see if XBMC through the Fire Tv can do the DTS- passthrough yet? I saw Diego's video which is great but he didn't have an AV receiver or Home theater setup to test. I finally gave up on this on my Ouya. ..Thanks.
(2014-04-07, 21:06)pinyot Wrote: Hey guys, has anyone tried to see if XBMC through the Fire Tv can do the DTS- passthrough yet? I saw Diego's video which is great but he didn't have an AV receiver or Home theater setup to test. I finally gave up on this on my Ouya. ..Thanks.

Ya my OUYA experience and patience was 2 weeks. I sold the sucker. My fire arrived this AM - I'll be testing with a DENON reciever and DTS passthrough - havent read all 47 pages of this thread to see if anyone else has tried it...
(2014-04-07, 18:58)ilovemymac Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 17:29)joseruinyc Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 16:23)DiegoMejia Wrote: what version of xbmc are you using? spmc or XBMC for ouya?

I'm using bouth the ouya plays 5.1 when I change it to optical although it's connected via hdmi. Haven't tried changing the audio settings on spmc from hdmi to optical to get 5.1 sound will test soon. Spmc seams faster and more responsive but either on performs rather well. Like it a lot more than apple tv2 I might actualy sell my atv2 and get another fire tv

Remember the Apple TV 2 is years old now but it kicks android but spec for spec all over. If the atv3 could be JB I think Xbmc would fly on it. And if Apple announces an atv4 I would bet it would kick some butt. I mean try to run android Xbmc on any single core box it lags it's like watching paint dry. Even the ouya with 1gb ram and quad core box is not that fast.
Ouya is ok but in all honesty it's cheaply built. Come on my atv2 has dual band wifi and much better wifi throughput and speed then the ouya.

If you want to talk specific hardware please know what you're talking about. Please don't give your extremely biased "I love my mac" username opinion. Give facts.

The Iphone 4 was competitive with the Nexus One when it came out. The SAME chip that's in the Iphone 4 is also found in the Apple TV 2 (This is common practice with apple produces. The Ipad/Phone/TV will share the same chip. THis includes the mini. The only difference is the clockspeed.).

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-i...-review/12

As you can see it's competitive with Android Nexus One. Today, The Apple TV2 would be a joke in hardware terms compared to what is out on the market today. No one is running around with their Iphone 4 or 4S (Which shares the same processor as the Apple TV3) and claiming it to be the fastest thing today!

If there was an AppleTV4 running the newest Apple Mobile processor (Which is a HUGE improvement and even though I hate Apple, is the best mobile processor out IMO but that's hard to prove given the different OS between Android/iOS. It is extremely competitive with BayTrail, intel's TABLET processor), then yes, it'd be something to talk about. The Apple TV 2 shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as "Good hardware" when talking about 2014 processors. It's a joke.

This is a FireTV thread, but if you want to talk Apple TV, at least get your facts straight.

(2014-04-07, 21:06)pinyot Wrote: Hey guys, has anyone tried to see if XBMC through the Fire Tv can do the DTS- passthrough yet? I saw Diego's video which is great but he didn't have an AV receiver or Home theater setup to test. I finally gave up on this on my Ouya. ..Thanks.

Come back in 2 weeks. FireTV just came out, XBMC devs are working to get XBMC video playback to work correctly with the FireTV hardware.
Thanks JDTimmons! Now I know what I want for sure for my Bday this month!
From XDA thread:

Source code for Fire TV:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/d...=201452680
(2014-04-07, 21:19)tential Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 18:58)ilovemymac Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 17:29)joseruinyc Wrote: I'm using bouth the ouya plays 5.1 when I change it to optical although it's connected via hdmi. Haven't tried changing the audio settings on spmc from hdmi to optical to get 5.1 sound will test soon. Spmc seams faster and more responsive but either on performs rather well. Like it a lot more than apple tv2 I might actualy sell my atv2 and get another fire tv

Remember the Apple TV 2 is years old now but it kicks android but spec for spec all over. If the atv3 could be JB I think Xbmc would fly on it. And if Apple announces an atv4 I would bet it would kick some butt. I mean try to run android Xbmc on any single core box it lags it's like watching paint dry. Even the ouya with 1gb ram and quad core box is not that fast.
Ouya is ok but in all honesty it's cheaply built. Come on my atv2 has dual band wifi and much better wifi throughput and speed then the ouya.

If you want to talk specific hardware please know what you're talking about. Please don't give your extremely biased "I love my mac" username opinion. Give facts.

The Iphone 4 was competitive with the Nexus One when it came out. The SAME chip that's in the Iphone 4 is also found in the Apple TV 2 (This is common practice with apple produces. The Ipad/Phone/TV will share the same chip. THis includes the mini. The only difference is the clockspeed.).

As you can see it's competitive with Android Nexus One. Today, The Apple TV2 would be a joke in hardware terms compared to what is out on the market today. No one is running around with their Iphone 4 or 4S (Which shares the same processor as the Apple TV3) and claiming it to be the fastest thing today!

If there was an AppleTV4 running the newest Apple Mobile processor (Which is a HUGE improvement and even though I hate Apple, is the best mobile processor out IMO but that's hard to prove given the different OS between Android/iOS. It is extremely competitive with BayTrail, intel's TABLET processor), then yes, it'd be something to talk about. The Apple TV 2 shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as "Good hardware" when talking about 2014 processors. It's a joke.

This is a FireTV thread, but if you want to talk Apple TV, at least get your facts straight.

Come back in 2 weeks. FireTV just came out, XBMC devs are working to get XBMC video playback to work correctly with the FireTV hardware.

Mini does not have the same chip as the IOS products. I can tell you that right now.
(2014-04-07, 21:34)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 21:19)tential Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 18:58)ilovemymac Wrote: Remember the Apple TV 2 is years old now but it kicks android but spec for spec all over. If the atv3 could be JB I think Xbmc would fly on it. And if Apple announces an atv4 I would bet it would kick some butt. I mean try to run android Xbmc on any single core box it lags it's like watching paint dry. Even the ouya with 1gb ram and quad core box is not that fast.

Mini does not have the same chip as the IOS products. I can tell you that right now.

I read every single review of Apple Processors that anandtech.com has produced because they LOVE Apple. They review not only the phone and the tablet but the PROCESSOR itself.

Both of these pages let you know what processor is used in which products.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A5
Products that include the Apple A5
iPad 2 (A5 dual-core 45 nm) – March 2011; (A5 dual-core 32 nm) – March 2012
iPhone 4S (A5 dual-core 45 nm) – October 2011
Apple TV 3rd generation (A5 single-core, 32 nm) – March 2012
iPod Touch 5th generation (A5 dual-core 32 nm) – October 2012
iPad Mini (A5 dual-core 32 nm) – November 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A7
Products that include the Apple A7
iPhone 5S
iPad Air
iPad Mini (2nd generation)

Please, don't spread misinformation. Especially when the truth is ONE google search away.
You should read your original post again and understand that it can be misinterpreted as in you using the term "mini" can be misconstrued as you referring to the mac mini which I now realize you were not. You were talking about IPAD Mini.

I was referring to the mac mini, of course.

Nonetheless we are deviating from the subject here, so I will say no more.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10