• 54(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Yes root has been obtained as per Justins method, he hasn't released how its done yet but will be doing so. He also has proven that you will be able to load custom images as his video shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...LR8zGhLLb4
I have no sound on anything unless it plugged into my TV. If I plug the fire TV into my home theater no sound on anything Xbmc or. Otherwise any ideas
(2014-04-08, 23:00)ilovemymac Wrote: I have no sound on anything unless it plugged into my TV. If I plug the fire TV into my home theater no sound on anything Xbmc or. Otherwise any ideas

Are you using optical? Look at the audio settings under system and adjust them accordingly. It is probably set to HDMI but if you are using optical, it wont work.
(2014-04-08, 22:24)hogfan Wrote: With XBMC side-loaded, has anybody been able to add content in XBMC from an NFS or SMB share? I have Linux server hosting my media. I'm interested in the future possibility of CyanogenMOD or Vanilla Android on this box. I'm thinking of getting one now as I can use the Netflix, Hulu, & Prime stuff now, and if we get something other than Amazon's FireOS on it the future, then all the better. I know development on this thing is in the early stages, but I'm digging the hardware. Not too worried about the hardware decoding still being a Work-In-Progress at the moment as most of my local content 480 DVD content & I don't have anything currently that is over 720P. Just wondering if the app can currently see any network shares at all.

Yep. .. i can see all the content on my nas over smb... including seeing and playing DVD .iso files. .. i was planning on trying nfs tonight...
Just curious.

Will the "xbmc for minix" version work with fire tv box? Or is that dedicated for Rochchip?
"xbmc for minix" work well with the minix box and most likely the most stable device for XBMC on an Android box at present.

I was able to load xbmc for ouya 2.3.2 on the minix box... and i see lots of dropped frames on HD 1080p playback, similar to what users experienced on the fire tv. so was just curious.
(2014-04-08, 23:18)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 23:00)ilovemymac Wrote: I have no sound on anything unless it plugged into my TV. If I plug the fire TV into my home theater no sound on anything Xbmc or. Otherwise any ideas

Are you using optical? Look at the audio settings under system and adjust them accordingly. It is probably set to HDMI but if you are using optical, it wont work.

Nope hdmi.

(2014-04-08, 23:35)nero12 Wrote: Just curious.

Will the "xbmc for minix" version work with fire tv box? Or is that dedicated for Rochchip? xbmc for minix work well with the minix box.

I was able to load xbmc for ouya 2.3.2 on the minix box... and i see lots of dropped frames on HD 1080p playback, similar to what users experienced on the fire tv.

It won't let you run it. If you try it will say this is for minix boxes only and you click ok and it shuts down.
Beyond Xbmc has a version and a ouya version try one of those.
(2014-04-08, 22:44)garvani Wrote: Yes root has been obtained as per Justins method, he hasn't released how its done yet but will be doing so. He also has proven that you will be able to load custom images as his video shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...LR8zGhLLb4

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a publicly available root.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Hey there, I've looked through all the posts here, and haven't seen an answer to this yet:

Any luck getting something like Startup Manager to install, so you can open XBMC straight after startup? Also, I'm guessing you can use XBMC to launch the Fire's Netflix and Amazon Prime Apps?
I am not using SPMC or Beyond or Ouya...

I have tried Gotham Nightly - Latest Trunk - and was not happy with FPS...

I am happy with (ATV 2 Performance) XBMC Frodo 12.3....

Yes. SMB, NFS, HTTP, etc. work for Network (Im using a TimeCapsule)

Yes. All plugins work (1Link, Ice, 1CH, etc.) and no loss or issues whatsoever!

ATV2 Performance with video (FPS)... No noticeable issues whatsoever.

For now (until ROM/ROOT/DEV support XBMC) comes, I have replaced my ATV2, Pivos and GBox with this and happy... Fast Text Parsing (python intensive tasks) and decent playback (ATV2) ability "as-is"...
Does the MCE remote (IR) work with Fire TV? I can then use my Harmony with Fire TV.
(2014-04-09, 00:16)underworld123 Wrote: Does the MCE remote (IR) work with Fire TV? I can then use my Harmony with Fire TV.

First gen mce ir doesn't work (the big black microsoft receiver) The 2nd gen apparently does
(2014-04-09, 00:16)underworld123 Wrote: Does the MCE remote (IR) work with Fire TV? I can then use my Harmony with Fire TV.

Note that the Fire TV doesn't have an IR receiver built-in; you'll need to install a USB receiver; the flirc is known to work.
(2014-04-08, 22:24)hogfan Wrote: With XBMC side-loaded, has anybody been able to add content in XBMC from an NFS or SMB share? I have Linux server hosting my media. I'm interested in the future possibility of CyanogenMOD or Vanilla Android on this box. I'm thinking of getting one now as I can use the Netflix, Hulu, & Prime stuff now, and if we get something other than Amazon's FireOS on it the future, then all the better. I know development on this thing is in the early stages, but I'm digging the hardware. Not too worried about the hardware decoding still being a Work-In-Progress at the moment as most of my local content 480 DVD content & I don't have anything currently that is over 720P. Just wondering if the app can currently see any network shares at all.

they al work iwth NFS, XBMC for Ouya, Gotham v13 beta 3 and spmc 12.3.3
(2014-04-09, 00:24)haikuginger Wrote:

Note that the Fire TV doesn't have an IR receiver built-in; you'll need to install a USB receiver; the flirc is known to work.

I'm using the flirc with the harmony flirc profile and it works great. ..
Video Formats:
720p - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3
1080i - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3
1080p - Works - XBMC for Ouya and SPMC 12.3.3

Audio
DTS: Works (XBMC for Ouya through HDMI and through optical audio)
Dolby Digital: Works (XBMC for Ouya through HDMI and through optical audio)

Loseless Audio: have these options disabled under system - audio - disable DTS-HD and TrueHD else you'll get nothing but static. it will atleast pass it as stereo.
DTS-HD MA: doesnt work with HDMI (in case you are wondering, optical audio doesnt support DTS-HD MA)
TrueHD :doesnt work with HDMI (in case you are wondering, optical audio doesnt support DTS-HD MA)

Bluray Remux (Only on XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2)
AVC, 1080p, High @ 4.1, DTSHD-MA, 5.1 - Video and audio plays fine as long as you disabled DTS-HD passthrough and run as stereo
AVC, 1080p, High @ 4.1, TrueHD, 7.1 - Video and audio plays fine as long as you disabled TrueHD passthrough and run as stereo
VC-1, 1080p, AP@L3, TrueHD, 6 - Video doesnt display but audio will play fine as long as you disabled TrueHD passthrough and run as stereo
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10