• 271(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Sometimes it does not get the switch to SBS/TAB mode, it depends on the file and have nothing to do with having 3dsbs somewhere in the filename.

What happens is that XBMC detects that its a 3d movie and indicates that with a banner at the top that says "stereoscopic sbs movie", so it does know that its a SBS file.
But sometimes at specific movies the TV does not get the switch to SBS mode and I have to do it manually on the TV, when I do that, the two fields of subs are already combined into one and so is the rest of the GUI so it looks fine.

Maybe there's a 3D bit you can set in the movie or something, but the majority sends the switch to SBS signal to the TV. But the odd thing is it knows its 3D because firstly it indicates it, and secondly the GUI and subs switch to SBS mode.

I can see from your screenshot that neither the SBS splitting of the GUI nor subtitles is happening for you, it's like its oppersite, does the automatic switch to correct 3D mode work? Do you get the stereoscopic mode "ask" box when you start a movie?

I will test some more since I have not played around with 3D on Gotham very much. If there's a pattern I will upload the log.
-

Edit: it just detected a SBS file as TAB and switched my tv to TAB, so there defenatly is something up with detection.
Edit edit: Hep.. Seems I can recreate the error, I'll see if I can get a clip and log of that for someone to investigate first thing tomorrow?
(2014-04-10, 22:37)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 21:07)tdn135 Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:54)allan87 Wrote: To clarify, my issue is no sound with 5.1 passthrough audio.

2.0 passthrough audio is working normally and I have not tested 5.1 audio not using passthrough. It is the combination of 5.1 audio AND passthrough that is not working for me.
Issue resolved. Possibly had something with the TV that was fixed by cycling it.

Exactly the same problem. Movies with 5.1 audio passthrough now display as 2.0 sound on my Onkyo NR515. This is the last 2 weeks I guess. I disabled passthrough for now to get 5.1 sound.

I will try to do a complete reset. Does anyone else have this problem?

Normal behavior as I can read.. Depending on your setup.. I get 5.1 with a speaker setup of 2.0
It happened quite some builds ago.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_Settings
I don't mean this. I had 2.0 as audio layout and passthrough. XBMC says it's a 5.1 stream and passthrough, but my receiver says; received: 2.0.
This is introduced since the last few builds. I will try to do a reinstall.
@tuxen - check the MKV header of that SBS file - it might be wrong and have a OU flag.
(2014-04-10, 23:25)tuxen Wrote: Have you tried boosting the hdmi signal: http://elinux.org/RPiconfig
There's a couple to play around with you can start with hdmi_safe=1 and see if you can narrow in the exact course if that works.. Or individually for example hdmi_boost=4.

I'm not sure it will work wonders but its worth a try?

Tried hdmi_safe and config_hdmi_boost=4 / 7 but it still doesn't work.
(2014-04-10, 11:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: @tomer953: Can you confirm the same behaviour with OpenELEC 4 Beta 5?

Yes.
Same Problem...
Remote not responding untill i "activated" xbmcwith iphone app
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2014-04-10, 12:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 01:12)Mafarricos Wrote: Update:
With FIQ FSM enabled in last release movies freeze in playback.

With this:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
WiFi dongle don't work

With this:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
Everything is OK.

My dongle:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

Is this behaviour repeatable? How long is it typically before the freeze?

I'll second this. Having dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 also disable my usb drive (or would that have been expected ?)
(2014-04-09, 18:44)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0409
(Supercedes previous build)

Build Highlights:

Potential fix for network failure with FIQ FSM enabled (which is now enabled by default - please test & report), fix for OpenSSL "Heartbleed" exploit, fix for stereoscopic font issue, added support for ISW IWL 4000 WiFi adapter.

Up and running for almost 20 hours. So far no network issues like before (loosing wired network connection).
(2014-04-11, 00:01)pplucky Wrote: Need to try official beta 5 then...

With the above setup, TV doesn't switch automatically to 3D mode. Does that also happen to you?

xbmc master doesn't support switching the TV into 3D mode, nor does gotham beta 5.
It's only an experimental feature in newclock3 that is known to not be perfect. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3072

With this:
WiFi dongle don't work

With this:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
Everything is OK.

My dongle:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

I don't have a typically time.
Sometimes took 5 minutes, other 20.

But with only dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 nothing freezes.
(2014-04-11, 13:07)Mafarricos Wrote:

With this:
WiFi dongle don't work

With this:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
Everything is OK.

My dongle:

I don't have a typically time.
Sometimes took 5 minutes, other 20.

But with only dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 nothing freezes.

I'd the same, pretty much random.
I even tried to reboot once freeze and it stopped at boot saying no storage access (USB)
had to update cmdline and it is now OK for more than 24h
(2014-03-27, 02:17)pplucky Wrote: Nope, like this:

Correct subtitle should be:
TIM BURTON APRESENTA O
ESTRANHO MUNDO DE JACK

Edit: Don't know if it is relevant, but it behaves the same in omxplayer or DVDplayer.

I've just tried your subtitle file, and it renders correctly for me.
What resolution are you using in settings/system/video? What is GUI resolution set to? What is resolution of video file?

Does it play correctly with openelec gotham beta 5?
(2014-04-11, 16:44)popcornmix Wrote: I've just tried your subtitle file, and it renders correctly for me.
What resolution are you using in settings/system/video? What is GUI resolution set to? What is resolution of video file?

Does it play correctly with openelec gotham beta 5?

Apologies for this, but I think there is a problem with the last build. It turns out that PR4143 had been (sneakily) reverted in OpenELEC with this commit - not entirely sure how or why the build yesterday applied the latest patch from bavison but it's been failing to apply today.

I'm currently uploading a new build with PR4143 added back using the commits in your newclock3 branch. Users with stereoscopic/font issues should re-test with the next build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0411b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.0 #1 PREEMPT Fri Apr 11 20:55:20 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 11 2014 19:33:27
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ed3181364acfe9aaec83112f3d1b792c3f591e5a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140411205414-r18130-g0b43c3d

Based on tip of XBMC master (4a3b3fc, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (0b43c3d, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 7e3c673, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • Includes newclock3: "More efficient infobool expression evaluator" (PR3677, reverted in stock OpenELEC)
  • Includes newclock3: "Cache font vertices, GPU-side when possible" (PR4143, reverted in stock OpenELEC)
Build Highlights:

New firmware (#0411b) including possible framerate fix. Re-added PR4143 which had been accidentally ignored after being silently reverted in OpenELEC. Several new newclock3 fixes.
  1. #0411b: New Firmware Apr 11:
    • firmware: RIL: Support packing for non-16 aligned dimensions. See: link
    • firmware: DSI display support
    • firmware: encode: Add support for saving inline motion vectors from gsh
    • userland: tvservice: Report framerate including nstc clock
    • firmware: video_decode: Fixes for fifo timestamps and frame interval tracking (possible fix for 25fps timestamps with 23.97 reported in container, i.e. different framerate/original framerate reported by mediainfo)
  2. OpenELEC:
    • linux: update upstream patch: ALSA: hda - Do not assign streams in reverse order
  3. XBMC:
    • PR4503: [rbp] Fixes for hangs and leaks in jpeg->texture code
    • PR4534: [omxplayer] merge missed commits from dvdplayer
    • PR4545: nfs fix
  4. newclock3:
    • [omxplayer] Remove unused framerate functions
    • [rpi] Include ntsc frequencies in list of supported resolutions
    • [omxplayer] Allow a framerate callback from GPU to trigger a hdmi mode change
    • [omxplayer] Add ability to log more timestamp info in extra debug settings
    • settings: Potential fix for hang when changing language
    • Don't keep temp CReadState on CurlFile::Seek
    • Try CurlFile::Seek without multisession on failure
    • Minor refactor of CurlFile::Seek
    • #0411b: [omxplayer] Request to be notified about framerate changes
    • #0411b: fix crash when changing language from non-GUI thread (PR4551, fixes #15113)
    • #0411b: fix crash when changing the skin zoom from non-GUI thread (PR4551, fixes #15114)

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is currently disabled by default in OpenELEC master. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently disabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better). If you might benefit from this, enable by adding the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7

4. These test builds include the option to dump audio and video packets to a file for later debugging. This is for issues with Live TV or streaming plugins that popcornmix can't access.

In Settings -> System -> Debugging, enable "Debug logging" then in verbose logging enable "Dump video frames to debug file" and/or "Dump audio frames to debug file". These files will appear in ~/.xbmc/temp as audio.dat and video.dat. Hopefully popcornmix can then use these files when debugging issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello, I have a mini wireless keyboard connected to the raspberry pi via powered external hub, the problem is that in the latest generations of OpenELEC no longer operates as if it acquired by it. There is a system or a command to activate, or is this a bug in the latest generations of OpenELEC. Before working properly. Thank you.
(2014-04-11, 20:24)marcavatar Wrote: Hello, I have a mini wireless keyboard connected to the raspberry pi via powered external hub, the problem is that in the latest generations of OpenELEC no longer operates as if it acquired by it. There is a system or a command to activate, or is this a bug in the latest generations of OpenELEC. Before working properly. Thank you.

If the wireless keyboard doesn't work with OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 5, please open an issue on the OpenELEC github.
  • 271(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223